Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Pistol user with force choke???

vpsycho

Are you kidding with us bio? ı just watched new 1.2 patch trailer and saw a pistol user who supposed to be a smuggler, operative or whatever use force choke to an enemy. And a juggernaut use a flame thrower. Maybe a force user use a normal weapon but a non force user who has not any ability of this use a force is totally crap. What kind of logic you guys have please? Legacy system can allow this but for logic on sw universe, it is unacceptable.

It's nice how people actually read the boards instead of jumping to conclusions.

Some of the threads get pretty massive. Many people don't see the point of trying to digest a thread that is more than a few pages longs.

Further, it is not the community's fault that Bioware has not published a blog detailing much of the information from the guild summit. Many of us can't watch a live stream during working hours in the US.

Some of the threads get pretty massive. Many people don't see the point of trying to digest a thread that is more than a few pages longs.

Further, it is not the community's fault that Bioware has not published a blog detailing much of the information from the guild summit. Many of us can't watch a live stream during working hours in the US.

Fair point, but even a cursory skim of the boards reveals the information on this. It's one of the most discussed topics at the moment after all, mainly because everyone's getting their facts mixed like we see here.

Fair point, but even a cursory skim of the boards reveals the information on this. It's one of the most discussed topics at the moment after all, mainly because everyone's getting their facts mixed like we see here.

Since the information is not consistent, the random forum user doesn't know who to believe. All they see from Bioware is a video clip showing force choking Smugglers and flame throwing Marauders.

Bioware needs to release an official guide to the features being implemented in 1.2.

A simple google search will bring up at least 25 recaps of the guild summit.

Id like to get a download of the actual video though, because the entire stream was extremely entertaining.

Good game or not the developers are really funny when they crack jokes on/about people.

Since the information is not consistent, the random forum user doesn't know who to believe. All they see from Bioware is a video clip showing force choking Smugglers and flame throwing Marauders.

Bioware needs to release an official guide to the features being implemented in 1.2.

Or at least make their trailer videos for upcoming content have more solid information in them. That seems like the logical solution.

As nice as it is seeing a dotpoint list of upcoming changes in glittering gold writing, I'd much prefer to know what those changes actually entail.

It would probably solve a lot of issues of repetetive, redundant threads, too.

Are you kidding with us bio? ı just watched new 1.2 patch trailer and saw a pistol user who supposed to be a smuggler, operative or whatever use force choke to an enemy. And a juggernaut use a flame thrower. Maybe a force user use a normal weapon but a non force user who has not any ability of this use a force is totally crap. What kind of logic you guys have please? Legacy system can allow this but for logic on sw universe, it is unacceptable.

You do play the old republic right? Only two classes use pistols. Bounty Hunter and Smuggler. That's it.

Everyone is now a Force user. Nobody is different, unique, special, or any of the other things people who play games en-devour to be with their characters. A multi-million dollar RPG based game that lets you play the coveted role of everyone else around you.

So stimulating...

It's hard to believe this is the same Company that made and published KOTOR and seemed to be so in touch with Gamers. And all that preamble talk about how the man ultimately in charge of this game wanted to provide a true RolePlay experience on the computer.

Try again. You've failed.

There is nothing fun about being just like everyone else, and this game excels in making you feel like everyone else. This (Legacy system) is disappointing not just because of the problems it causes with the "feel" of Star Wars, it just further chips away at anything that makes you feel at all important.

You aren't. And this is just one added effort to make you know it.

Edited by Tinasa

People really need to learn the Lore of Star Wars before they start crying and saying "Are you kidding me Bioware waaah"

There's been plenty of force users who use guns. Please for the love of god, there's a wonderful website called google. Use it.

Infact here you go. A wonderful character.

Speaking of which: I still sacrifice a baby lamb every night in hopes of a new Jedi Knight game some day.

Honestly, why are people going on and on about this? It is supposedly PvE only abilities. There are force sensitives ALL over the galaxy. Even after Vader went on his rampage, there were still Sensitives in the Empire. Force Sensitives can perform certain abilities.

People are pigeonholed into the movies. Check out some of the cannon books. Did you know Han Solo was a Force Sensitive? That is how he made the Kessel run in 5 parsecs. He is like Chuck Norris and uses distance as time, defying science.

There are other sources. IGN had a decent article explaining the changes. I even linked it and made a thread so people can get better information. But no one cared and I'm pretty sure the thread died a quick death. So, it's not that it's hard, a lot of people enjoy being ignorant.

Honestly, why are people going on and on about this? It is supposedly PvE only abilities. There are force sensitives ALL over the galaxy. Even after Vader went on his rampage, there were still Sensitives in the Empire. Force Sensitives can perform certain abilities.

People are pigeonholed into the movies. Check out some of the cannon books. Did you know Han Solo was a Force Sensitive? That is how he made the Kessel run in 5 parsecs. He is like Chuck Norris and uses distance as time, defying science.

The part I highlighted it what annoys me with these people. TOR is based off the expanded universe.

There are other sources. IGN had a decent article explaining the changes. I even linked it and made a thread so people can get better information. But no one cared and I'm pretty sure the thread died a quick death. So, it's not that it's hard, a lot of people enjoy being ignorant.

People enjoy complaining even more. Look at this forum. There's one thread praising content and the developers for the good aspects of the game for every fifty threads damning the game and the developers to the deepest layer of hell.

Edited by GrimAce

Yes! This is the legacy system that will allow you to use abilities from other classes.

The reason BW is doing it this way, is because they don't have any new content for us and they must do something to the legacy system. The whole thing is just crap from BW since they have nothing new to give us. Instead they give us this hopeless functions.

The same they do with the species. Just make a old specie available to other classes. For now the legacy system seems to be just reuse of stuff. FAILED!

Bioware. Don't put things in the game that you have no clue how to use.

Edited by Tmbn

I dont care about the lore & whats possible according to book number# 234, what concerns me is class uniqueness. Already to many classes have CC, pushback, & interupts so now we are going to give them other class specific abilities? Personaly I dont like it I would prefer each class to be unique in it's abilities.

People enjoy complaining even more. Look at this forum. There's one thread praising content and the developers for the good aspects of the game for every fifty threads damning the game and the developers to the deepest layer of hell.

well to be fair, there are only about 50 people who constantly bash the game. They just post multiple thread and multiple times in each thread.