The Legacy system is the final nail in the coffin of playable wookiees

Felioats

With enough Legacy levels:

• Completing Chapter 3 with a class will unlock an ability from that class for all characters you own. Some of these are force abilities.

• Getting to 50 with a species will unlock that species for all character classes on both factions, including force-using classes.

• Getting a class to 50 will unlock that class buff for all of your characters on both factions. Some of these buffs are force abilities.

Wookiees cannot be force sensitive.

Ergo, there can never be playable wookiees.

Wookiees don't wear armour and clothes(except their ritualistic stuff) and don't talk as well, so uh, yeah it was pretty obvious? Furthermore a Wookie employed by the Empire when the only relationship I've seem them have between them was slavery is very odd. Edited by Lightmaguz

I'm not seeing a problem with there being no playable Wookiees in the game.
.... but Wookies are AWESOME!

Hey, I'm not going to be horribly broken up by it either, but it would have been nice. Sad thing is, this almost certainly means no playable Jawas either.

With enough Legacy levels:

• Completing Chapter 3 with a class will unlock an ability from that class for all characters you own. Some of these are force abilities.

• Getting to 50 with a species will unlock that species for all character classes on both factions, including force-using classes.

• Getting a class to 50 will unlock that class buff for all of your characters on both factions. Some of these buffs are force abilities.

Wookiees cannot be force sensitive.

Ergo, there can never be playable wookiees.

The star wars book series begs to differ. Ever hear of Lowbacca? Son of Chewbacca and a jedi. Booyakacha.

My apologies. I have a form of ocd that prevents me from being allowed to read a book that happened prior to another book in a series. I picked up the starwars books around "Legacy of the force" and they only hinted at lowbacca.

My apologies. I have a form of ocd that prevents me from being allowed to read a book that happened prior to another book in a series. I picked up the starwars books around "Legacy of the force" and they only hinted at lowbacca.

Off-topic, but if that's the case, you're missing out on some great reads. I'd look at the book list in the front of your current book and start again earlier in the timeline, maybe Truce at Bakrua if you're more interested in stuff that happens after ROTJ. The X-wing series in particular is fantastic! Yub Yub!

To add wookiees they will have to make a new class and a new story with voice acting. It can be done. I would expect it in an expansion some time down the road if it were possible at all. They would have to have an imperial counterpart also, don't know which dark side species they would use to counter the wookiee.

They could do it with ewoks and jawas also. Think expansion everyone!

In a completely voiced MMO, were you ever really expecting to play a Wookie?

In the future I can see a day where we would do a Trandoshan or Wookiee type story but it would have to be just that. Not a simple graphic swap where now your smuggler is a giant lizard man and nobody notices but a full class story where you learn what it means to be this strange alien and deal with the rest of the galaxy and their reactions. For the present, however, our heroes are our projections of self, headed into a galaxy of wonders and adventures.

http://www.darthhater.com/articles/swtor-news/15986-pax-daniel-erickson-clarifies-conversation-with

But i guess you know better than Daniel.

Edited by davidpop

To add wookiees they will have to make a new class and a new story with voice acting. It can be done. I would expect it in an expansion some time down the road if it were possible at all. They would have to have an imperial counterpart also, don't know which dark side species they would use to counter the wookiee.

They could do it with ewoks and jawas also. Think expansion everyone!

I would say that Trandoshan would be a good imperial side counter to the wookiee, considering they are natural enemies from the books/lore.

Sigh... Playable Wookiees were never an option, ever, and it won't happen unless they design them to be a totally separate class altogether in an expansion - and I doubt that will happen (though Wookiee Scouts for Reps and Trandoshan Slavers for Imps both starting on Kashyyk and with a warzone on the planet to boot could have been a very interesting prospect).

Wookiees were DOA since the conception of the game as a fully voiced MMORPG.

Sigh... Playable Wookiees were never an option, ever, and it won't happen unless they design them to be a totally separate class altogether in an expansion - and I doubt that will happen (though Wookiee Scouts for Reps and Trandoshan Slavers for Imps both starting on Kashyyk and with a warzone on the planet to boot could have been a very interesting prospect).

Wookiees were DOA since the conception of the game as a fully voiced MMORPG.

Because we all know that in all of the dialogue scenes, there are never alien dialects accompanied by subtitles to read. Therefore there could never possibly be the same thing occurring again, ie. a character speaking an alien dialect with readable subtitles.