Free transfers in the future?

Drakinor

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm hoping Bioware responds tomorrow. This is a pretty big problem for an mmo in general. I'm not sure if it is a challenge to implement this feature but we paid to play not paid to wait.

Its 1 am atm.. and im 255 in queue on Anchorhead... been this way since 5 pm.. I am giving BW 1-2 weeks max to fix this.

I am not going to pay 14.95 amonth to wait 35m - 1 hr to log in and play a game, when I can get on the xbox.

I didn't pick my server - my guild was placed there. Now the server remains full almost non-stop. If the queue doesn't go away, I want my entire guild moved to a low-pop server - not just me. We're not kids. We have jobs, spouses, children, and less than endless time to play. We *shouldn't* have to re-roll to play. Personally, I've been lucky and have been able to play, but the rest of my guild has barely been able to log in at all. We've been waiting to play together, as a guild, for many months now.

Bioware was supposed to have learned from previous MMOs, and from beta, but I don't see how any of that has made this a more positive experience. It really seems to me, and this may be my flawed perception, but it seems like they moved more guilds to the servers than they knew they had the capacity to handle. It at least seems that way on Shadow Hand, because it was full from the beginning of Early Access. I think they established too many guilds on too few servers, and that sucks all the ***** in the universe - twice! They had more than a rough idea what their population needs were going to be. I mean - seriously - this is rancid.

We spent months staring at our guild on the web site. We just want the play experience we've been anticipating to come to fruition. We want to be able to log in the server, be pre-joined to that guild with our first characters, and be able to play as a guild from the get go without all these ridiculous queues. I do not believe that they didn't know that any given server was over pop cap, or ridiculously close to it, at the start just from guild members alone.

Every customer is the Emperor of every business, and I am most displeased with Bioware's apparent lack of progress. And I am NOT as merciful as Vader. Resolve this, or it WILL negatively affect the business. That is the bottom line.

Two days, and your grace period expires - as does mine.

Edited by Paralassa
/signed

Honestly though, most ppl asking for "free transfers" have characters under 20. Nothing is stopping you from rerolling at this point. It's not like you all have max level characters who are geared out. You've played what? 1/4 to 1/3 of the game. Start over.

Id love nothing more then to reroll on an oceanic server. O WAIT, HANG ON............

Hell, i work, ive actually got money, id even pay for the damn transfer if such servers existed....

The notion of picking another server to roll on if there are queues is just stupid. A large portion of us are in guilds & those guilds were automatically created on servers.

Simply put, the QUEUES got to go period. We should not have to wait in line to play a game. We wait enough in real life on a daily basis.

BioWare needs to offer character & guild tranfers to other servers that are not full & open up more servers. This problem is only going to get worse, not batter.

I cant belive they left the already full servers open and know they have waits as well. I already changed servers and now this server has a queue. How many new characters do you want me to start. Level 19 on this one so I dont think ill be starting again.

I guess the less we get to play the longer we play for and the more money they get.

It is 8.30 AM in Denmark... early morning... AND WE GOT QUEUE... seriously FIX THIS NOW!!

This is beginning to be a joke and I'm close to giving up.

Can Bioware please make a statement regarding this?! If you want our money, please respond.

Edited by valleee

They'll need to fix this soon.

Bioware sent me and my guild to the swiftsure server, and now it's overrun as the unofficial official oceanic server. I come in to log after launch, and it's the only server with an 1100 queue while all of the other west coast is light.

I agree we could just reroll, but considering, Bioware put us there, they should allow those guilds that they placed there to have a free transfer.

ofc there should be a first free transfer BUT according to biowares server "needs" that means u get a free transfer to another server that bioware indicates.

that shoUld happen ASAP.

edit* after some meditation that can be realistic in a month. (not more)

so i can wait a month bioware deserves a lot.

thanx bioware for this game.

Edited by vacilios

Honestly though, most ppl asking for "free transfers" have characters under 20. Nothing is stopping you from rerolling at this point. It's not like you all have max level characters who are geared out. You've played what? 1/4 to 1/3 of the game. Start over.

No YOU start over, get our of our server, heh. What kind of reasoning is that, seriously? so, all the other MMO companies who give transfers and FREE transfers from full servers are stupid? There ARE going to be free transfers, thing is when. I fear it will not be soon.

Edited by Lord_Indomitus

I have a 30 and 4 10s on the realm im on, Dont really think its fair that i should have to sit in a 300+ Q at 8am on launch day just to play on the characters ive been leveling at my pass for the last week.

its not about people wanting to move thier lvl 20 character, dont matter what level they are, but if they are you characters you should beable to play when you want, not when Qs allow.

Already was on 'swiftsure' without queue this morning. Phone rang -> 15 minutes later kicked and in a queue position 1115 (1h15 wait-time). That really sucks! Already thought about starting over again and leave my lvl 33 char on hold. But there is no other 'Unofficial Oceanic PvP Shard' announced yet.

BioWare faild with the placement of the guilds. They shouldn't placed US guilds on Swiftsure.

Oceanics faild on concentrating on one single PVP server.

United we wait LOL

boredom is stopping them from rerolling at this point.

unlike powergamers ( probably you too), people play games for fun, and redoing the same STORY they have done before is not so fun.

especially if they have more than 1 characters.

But still, there is queues on servers that never had any queues, and during early morning!

So the only change I can see is that for the first time, I cant play during early morning.

Because most people don't want to reroll on another server when they are in a guild - like me, just deal with it.

1,5 hours waiting and position 35 now. Sadly I gtg in about a hour. And when I come back I have to wait again.

I pay = I want to play. It's OK when you give me back my money for the wait-time. But that NEVER will happen.

That is exactly the way how to get the players away from other mmos to swtor. Good job!