Free transfers in the future?

Drakinor

I have a 44PT and 33Sorc I'd like to join my friends sometime this decade Biofail.

These guys are SO slow at everything they do.

Systems like this should really be in place by now.

Hell my mission log is still full of grey missions i cannot delete that apparently was fixed two patches ago.

Apparently Doctors aren't any brighter than the rest of us little people.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a 44PT and 33Sorc I'd like to join my friends sometime this decade Biofail.

These guys are SO slow at everything they do.

Systems like this should really be in place by now.

Hell my mission log is still full of grey missions i cannot delete that apparently was fixed two patches ago.

Apparently Doctors aren't any brighter than the rest of us little people.

Because the founders of Bioware are single handedly responsible for every concern you have. Nevermind the other projects they have going nevermind the fact that SWTOR has a huge team, nevermind that they're constantly working to improve the game and implement the stuff we want. We'll complain about the patches bringing the game down, and then demand patching!

I want server transfers too, but playing the blame game is not helpful.

I am voting with my wallet. Been playing about a week. The game is really great but the constant hour long queues and no Oceanic support is a deal breaker.

I am going back to a competitors game. It really shows how great their customer service is. I haven't even seen the swiftsure server population acknowledged as a problem.

I am voting with my wallet. Been playing about a week. The game is really great but the constant hour long queues and no Oceanic support is a deal breaker.

I am going back to a competitors game. It really shows how great their customer service is. I haven't even seen the swiftsure server population acknowledged as a problem.

Just an idea, but try splitting your population in half... half aussies on one, other half on another. Sort of silly trying to put an entire country on one server anyways. :p

Edit: Two countries if you try to fit New Zealand in with you.

Edited by Bulldogs_Rule

Just an idea, but try splitting your population in half... half aussies on one, other half on another. Sort of silly trying to put an entire country on one server anyways. :p

Edit: Two countries if you try to fit New Zealand in with you.

Yes this is a solution, the only real way to ensure this would work is some sort of support on the part of Bioware. Designating a few servers as Oceanic would have prevented this, instead of relying on the Oceanic population to co-ordinate ourselfs. Hence the lack of support as a noted reason for quitting.

Of course now there is the problem with everyone having characters investing time into them if they do create Oceanic servers, are we forced to reroll and abandon our existing characters, do they auto transfer? Do we need to pay to transfer? etc

The only way to get the right people thinking about this is to vote with your wallet.

I'd like to move my 50 to play with my friends re-leveling a new char atm, but would love to have my Juggernaut. I'd gladly pay for the service.

For the people begging for transfers due to low pop servers. This is from experience I'm saying this and I'm not trying to be rude. You guys are gonna have to pick up and reroll for the time being, if you don't here's what will happen. You'll end up quitting. Because implementing these types of things don't come overnight, plus with the legacy system I'm sure transfers will be slightly more complex.

So if you enjoy the game and want to keep playing just reroll to a new server for now, and transfer your 50's when the option becomes available. I know it sucks I do. I've been there in other games, but it beats the alternative of sitting on a low pop server growing more and more disgruntled at a game that doesn't deserve it because you're unwilling to improve the situation your self while waiting for BW to come up with a fix.

So think about it, a little more work but still having fun, or sitting on your 50 getting upset and angry because your pop is low.

The oceanic release I believe is in march, so there will be oceanic support soon. And where are you getting hour long ques? Harbinger or Swiftsure? Try some of the other heavy servers that aren't "Unofficial Oceanic" like Dark Reaper for instance. Check out http://www.torstatus.com, they keep track of pop throughout the day.

I hope transfers happen, and happen soon. At this point I will pay for a server transfer. I hit level 50...and have NOTHING to do. I have spent probably 30 hours cumulative queued for warzones, and am yet to get into one. I was really enjoying PVP up through 49. Got to rank 30 in Valor and wanted to keep it going. But now I can't even play. I'm not QQing...I just want to be able to play the game I pay for. I'm going to unsub soon if progress isn't made. I hope Bioware figures it out.

I hit 50 3 days ago. I have been playing 6hrs a day since I dinged. I have not ben able to find a single FP the whole time. It is very frusterating. I would love to transfer to server where more of my friends are. I didn't realize they were all playing til I was lvl 40. I think half the problem is the lack of systems implemented to make things easier on the player. How do you not put a pve matchmaking tool in the game. I sit in station for hours looking for a group. Lord of the rings online has better matchmaking than this game. Also, *** is wrong with the auction house. I love the game and the stories and all the great voice acting but its like someone decided to build an mmo without ever playing any of the competitions games or researching things the community might want in this game. Sorry for the rant but they already got $75 out of me and if there aren't some changes before my next bill date it will be my last. I shouldn't have to sit in town for hours to find a group.

Sigh... so I have legacy level 15 on Infinite Empire, and quite a few level deep toons such as a 50, 36, 32 25,24 and 10. It would be REALLY nice if I could at least transfer my 50 to another server because Infinite Empire is well... just boring for me there are way to many trolls in chat and most guilds are elitest about everything they do its really putting me off and im almost about to quit the game. I'd really like to transfer to my friends server Dark Sion but that option doesnt seem to exist yet.

Please bioware PLEASE get on this!!! we need like a week grace period to move around servers, there was so much craziness and server hopping going on during the first month of release I think you owe us this much to give us free transfers for a set time so we can enjoy the game instead of waiting in stupid long ques on dead servers. Heck i'd even pay for a server transfer if it came down to it.

You guys begging for server transfers need to be aware that you are requesting a service that other MMO's perfect after a solid time on the market. This game was released about a month ago ffs. Take it easy. Let people settle into their servers and let the release population buzz die down. Once the 1 month of packaged game time starts wearing out and players get a feel for the class and faction they really like, you will see populations settle and Bioware will start culling dead servers.

Only after a settling period might Bioware release a function like character transfers. Hang tight, figure out where you want to play and as who, then play it. Perhaps if you wait a while, you'll realise that things won't be as bad as they are now... In fact when transfers open up, you might not even want one.

You guys begging for server transfers need to be aware that you are requesting a service that other MMO's perfect after a solid time on the market. This game was released about a month ago ffs. Take it easy. Let people settle into their servers and let the release population buzz die down. Once the 1 month of packaged game time starts wearing out and players get a feel for the class and faction they really like, you will see populations settle and Bioware will start culling dead servers.

Only after a settling period might Bioware release a function like character transfers. Hang tight, figure out where you want to play and as who, then play it. Perhaps if you wait a while, you'll realise that things won't be as bad as they are now... In fact when transfers open up, you might not even want one.

If there was no subscription this would be a fine approach, but having played several server based online games (post wow) this is the first time I have had such an unbalanced distribution of players (one server out of what 30?). The fact that Bioware is unable to redistribute the load is alarming.

This first month is the month I decide if I continue playing or cancel and go back to wow (I have the 12 month agreement anyway).

I will do a bit of research and find a more stable server with an oceanic presence but Bioware has to win back my subscription, so far this feels like a single player game with mmo elements "tacked on". My perception will probably change at max level (if I decide to level that far).

Yea playing this game makes me appreciate rift so much, those guys really did a great job creating a video game. I mean i'm not as passionate about this as some people, i just started over, which sucks but i'll still be playing the game and paying the subscription so, it isn't like i'm mad about it i understand it is a logistical problem with the legacy thing, but i just think for a game that copies the majority of its game mechanics from other mmos (not gonna name names on that one), you could stand to look at rift, which although i stopped playing due to having no friends that played, was as i can appreciate on so many levels now, a very well designed and player friendly game.

I would like to see them merge the low population servers so that we can actually enjoy an environment with many other players. There may be some servers which have no problems at all but there certainly seem to be enough that don't have a high enough population even at peak times.