You guys remember Outlaw's Den?

Darne

It's just funny to see new comers ask "Where do I get Merc comms from?" only to have everyone say "Trade in 30 WZ comms."

The real way is through Outlaw's Den. There are chests out there that spawn who knows when and who knows where, that drop 20 merc comms each. Only thing is, I've gone there ~5 times now (lets say ~5-6 hours total in game play time) to see no one and only a few chests.

The rewards per time spent is atrocious. The lack of people there make it unbearably boring and lame. It's interesting too because personally, I think the potential is HUGE!

Picture Ilum, but now instead of (best case scenario) 20v20 zerg fest, picture 4v4v4v4v4. Granted, it would make pre-mades almost mandatory, but the fewer players and more strategy involved would make it more playable and fun. Now throw on a higher reward system, like Valor gains per kill and maybe even a few merc comms per kill.... and BOOM all the sudden Outlaw's Den is immensely popular. Especially since faction imbalances have no relevance in FFA PvP areas (i.e. Empire can fight empire in something that isn't Huttball)

It has potential, if they increased the spawn rate on chests or something, more people would go there. I sometimes go there and hunt for chests between wz ques. Get into some interesting fights sometimes. Ran into a fellow republic player I always thought was an *** hole and killed him. feltgoodman

Bioware already confirmed that open world PvP kills in 1.2 will grant valor and Merc Comms.

Oh, that's actually awesome. I must have missed that info.

I wonder if that'll mean outlaw's den will see more players then, as I'm not sure kills there count towards dailies/weeklies. I've never actually ran into anyone there. Quick fix would obviously just make it so Ilum daily/weekly can be done in outlaw's den as well.

It has potential if Bioware would put more than 10 minutes into developing it. :p

Who ever thought it'd be a good idea to put an arena in the armpit of the universe? (aka Tatooine)

I want to know who thought it would be a good idea to put a level 50 rat in a zone on a level 25-30 planet.

I want to know who thought it would be a good idea to put a level 50 rat in a zone on a level 25-30 planet.

hahaha, when we were lvl 28 or so, me and a friend spent like 20-30mins taking turns kiting and hitting that thing to kill it because well.... there was nothing else for us to do there.

I get Outlaw's Den on Tat. But let's be honest. That is an awful place for it.

It needs to be in a new side-section of Ilum. And put the Armament boxes there, too so same-faction can fight over them. That would be awesome.

Or put armaments in Outlaw's Den. Also would be awesome.

Bioware held their Guild Summit (http://www.swtor.com/guildsummit) this week and during the live feeds they referred to the fact that open world kills should grant some reward (i.e. daily credit and/or comms).

They also alluded to adding some travel paths in the game so that players can more directly get to the Outlaw's Den rather than flying through two or three different ports to get there (something like a direct flight from Republic Fleet or Quick Travel).

There were a lot of other things but basically it sounds like they want to do a revamp of Ilum/Outlaws Den/Open World PVP to make it all relevant and worthwhile and they understand they kind of fell short there...

I get Outlaw's Den on Tat. But let's be honest. That is an awful place for it.

It needs to be in a new side-section of Ilum. And put the Armament boxes there, too so same-faction can fight over them. That would be awesome.

Or put armaments in Outlaw's Den. Also would be awesome.

Only thing you'd have to take care is that might be too many rewards going on per kill.

I think you might have to split it into a few smaller zones where each zone gave you some kind of unique reward for that zone + valor.

Outlaw's Den gave valor + merc comms on kills

Ilum-like area gave valor + daily/weekly kill counts

I'm sure there are better way to do it. I just came up with that in 5secs. If they think it through, I'm sure there is a way to make it fun and make ALL areas relevant.

Bioware already confirmed that open world PvP kills in 1.2 will grant valor and Merc Comms.

Source please. If this is true, then that will be truly awesome and I will gladly resub. Not because of the reward mind you, but because it will encourage peeps to do more OPvP.

Edited by DarthOvertone