The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

5k Railshots.... wut?

Scoobings

Oh, here's a funny ss that I've never been able to do again...

http://i.imgur.com/beLTa.jpg

As far as I know Death from Above is considered 1 hit. I am betting that's what it is. It would count the total damage one person took from it. I dont think it is possible to get that damage with any other PT ability no matter the gear or buffs.

I do get 10-12k on death from above in a raid with power/crit clickies and marauder buff popping.

As far as I know Death from Above is considered 1 hit. I am betting that's what it is. It would count the total damage one person took from it. I dont think it is possible to get that damage with any other PT ability no matter the gear or buffs.

I do get 10-12k on death from above in a raid with power/crit clickies and marauder buff popping.

No, DfA is considered multiple hits, my scoreboard high hits would look very different otherwise.

His hit is probably a RS with many buffs, merc debuffs and mara buff.

Pop a power relic and adrenal and you will raise your crit from 3.7k to over 5k effortlessly. I do it with my heatseeker all the time. I don't think I've ever capped 5k without cooldowns though. Obviously cloth wearers with full stacks of debuff on them are better targets.

I don't mind your spike burst dmg on any armor. What I do mind is that you can do it with Ion Cell (or gas cylinder) and be able to guard and pull with tank armor, while retaining same level of burst dmg on any armor type.

My view on the spec is that most dmg talents and skills representative to the tree, should be directly tied to Plasma Cell / Combustive cylinder so you are indeed a dps spec and not a tank with huge burst and utility (which is what, in my own eyes, creates the OPness aspect of your class).

I am not advocating for loss of harpoon / grapple since Juggs and Guardians retain this ability in their dps specs, but I would encourage this to be made baseline for sins / shadows of dps spec as well to even the playfield :)

Thoughts?

I don't mind your spike burst dmg on any armor. What I do mind is that you can do it with Ion Cell (or gas cylinder) and be able to guard and pull with tank armor, while retaining same level of burst dmg on any armor type.

My view on the spec is that most dmg talents and skills representative to the tree, should be directly tied to Plasma Cell / Combustive cylinder so you are indeed a dps spec and not a tank with huge burst and utility (which is what, in my own eyes, creates the OPness aspect of your class).

I am not advocating for loss of harpoon / grapple since Juggs and Guardians retain this ability in their dps specs, but I would encourage this to be made baseline for sins / shadows of dps spec as well to even the playfield :)

Thoughts?

Sins get force speed.

Apples to Oranges sir. You sound like you just want everything.