Rakata vs. Columi implants

FAMO

Alot of people prefer Columi implants with Augment slot instead of Rakata implants (and farming those is a pain).

What do you prefer? And what augment do you put in your Columi?

I would probably put Power augments in mine (if they had augment slots).

But I'm still wondering if I should keep looking at GTN for Columi with augment slots, or just farm those Rakatas (would LOVE the surge - the only thing I'm low on atm)

/FAMO

PS. The new white color crystals are AWESOME

neither if you got the cash and patience crit crafting an re level 49 implant yields way more overall stats in power (to the tune of a crit crafted columi would lose me 40 power alone), surge, and accuracy for only 20ish (irc) endurance and str. I don't believe columi implants can be red into the better versions like overkill, hawkeye ect but to be fair i haven't been willing to waste an implant trying

I'm not willing to lose 30+ str and endurance for some other stat.

I like having a good amount of hp.

Columi with augment > lvl 49 mastercraft imo

18 str and 43 endurance is the stat loss. Power way more than makes up for it as does the increased extra stat (depends on which one you get through RE dumb luck rng thing hence the patience for the stat you want), augments are a wash. 40 power>>>>18 str there is no debate there at all, no margin for argument the only thing that is arguable is the need for endurance

In the endurance is not a big concern if your doing the boss mechanic correctly. Do you have more than 17k health and you know the mechanics of a fight your going to be good through hard mode ops as long as you don't make stupid mistakes like letting your lightning ball run through half a dozen ppl before taking it or letting bt swipe you repeatedly. In PvP it comes down to strategy and support you can expect, the extra endurance can help but does it make up for the loss in DPS is a question you have to examine based on play style and support expected. This of course assumes your not using pvp implants bc of the dr on expertise

***edited after i got unlazy and double checked the for the exact stats on the implant in my bag******

Edited by kainsec

The small stat tradeoffs won't make a big difference one way or the other.

However, if ever the stat actually matters one way or another, then the endurance is a larger factor that the tiny DPS increase of mastercraft49 over columi.

Alot of people prefer Columi implants with Augment slot instead of Rakata implants (and farming those is a pain).

What do you prefer? And what augment do you put in your Columi?

I would probably put Power augments in mine (if they had augment slots).

But I'm still wondering if I should keep looking at GTN for Columi with augment slots, or just farm those Rakatas (would LOVE the surge - the only thing I'm low on atm)

/FAMO

PS. The new white color crystals are AWESOME

I would do both. Continue with your dailies while checking the GTN each day. You can also get a Mastercraft Rakata Implant with Augment slot. Which will be better than the Columi, but goodluck with finding someone on your server with it. >.<

I would do both. Continue with your dailies while checking the GTN each day. You can also get a Mastercraft Rakata Implant with Augment slot. Which will be better than the Columi, but goodluck with finding someone on your server with it. >.<

Are you 100% sure about that?

Minor sidenote:

I would swap to power augments after 1750 str. 1 str is equal to something like .91 power in terms of bonus damage. The remainder is the crit% piece. The str -> crit% does DR. Not a big deal either way though, unless you're floating at 150k credits and someone has a power Aug for 50k and str Aug for 200k. You know.

Someone on these forums said they are wearing 2 Rakata implants with str augments.

I have no reason to not believe him, but take it for what it's worth.

Most likely you can crit on Rakata implants.

The crafted Rakata are BoP so you can't but them, only craft them for yourself.

----------------------

On another note, I dont agree that mastercraft stuff is better than columi with augment. I know for BH, the columi augment is around 125aim, the rakata is around 100aim, and im guessing the crafted with augment is like 80 aim tops? and like 60 endurance?

If my guesstimates are close, thats a difference of about 45 main stat and 20 endurance, just to gain a few secondary stats that come very easily once you get Rakata gear.

With my gear setup, I'm at +10% accuracy, 35.5% crit, 75ish surge. There is no need to wear items for secondary stats at this point. I understand that power doesnt hit DR, but why lose out on 90aim and 40endurace just to get Power from 2 implants?

For marauders, rakata/columi implants are flat-out worse than a simple 49 crafted implant. Too much of their stat budget is allocated to endurance/accuracy; endurance doesn't matter, and rakata gear/talents already offer too much accuracy.

If you just want to wave your item level around they're adequate, but if you're actually min/maxing then you want two 49 might implants.

I recently respecced into Biochem after achieving the Augments in both relics/belt/bracers from going from Artifice>Synth.

I was told you cannot craft Rakata implants, and you therefore cannot make an augmented Rakata implant.

What's the truth?

Someone on these forums said they are wearing 2 Rakata implants with str augments.

I've never seen a Rakata implant with an augment slot - you can't even craft them I thought?

If this person has fully decked out, why would he put strength augment?

Strength at higher levels have so much DR.

Take out the strength and put Power.

the crit/surge stats from Strength is minimal.

If you don't believe, just simply look at the "Might Stims".

It has much more Strength than Power which "tells" you that Power is

a much more powerful stat.

If you still dont believe,

Try switching out Augments and see for youself like I did.

If this person has fully decked out, why would he put strength augment?

Strength at higher levels have so much DR.

Take out the strength and put Power.

the crit/surge stats from Strength is minimal.

If you don't believe, just simply look at the "Might Stims".

It has much more Strength than Power which "tells" you that Power is

a much more powerful stat.

If you still dont believe,

Try switching out Augments and see for youself like I did.

Don't shoot the messenger!

Geez, I'm just relaying info that was in another thread :eek:

Minor sidenote:

I would swap to power augments after 1750 str. 1 str is equal to something like .91 power in terms of bonus damage. The remainder is the crit% piece. The str -> crit% does DR. Not a big deal either way though, unless you're floating at 150k credits and someone has a power Aug for 50k and str Aug for 200k. You know.

Implants:

-Best in slot for Marauders is the Level 49 Expert Nano-Might Package Mastercraft with

Augment slot.

-This is even more important when trying to max/min your stats and gives flexible to certain

Enhancements,Mods, etc.

Earpiece:

Crafted Columi Weapon Master Device Mastercraft is best in slot

What you should be shooting for.....

1 Strength Until 1550 unbuffed.

2 Accuracy 10% including talents.

3 Critical rating Total crit near to 30% (or 20% from critical rating)

4 Surge rating Total surge near to 75% (or 25% from surge rating)

5 Power

We can argue all we want about endurance being better, what spec you play, and what is best in slot for certain things. This is for Annihilation spec. The numbers may in fact be different for other trees.

Simplified modification:

For enhancements, take accuracy / power until accuracy cap, then pick crit / surge to surge cap, fill the rest witch crit / power. Avoid high-endurance enhancements.

For modifications, if you are below Rakata tier gear, take high strength / low power. If your critical hit chance is below 26% unbuffed, you may want to take strength / crit on your preference. Fill augment slots with strength.

For modifications at Rakata tier gear, take low strength, high power modifications in 3-4 pieces of gear. Fill augment slots with power.

Edited by rkspeck

Don't shoot the messenger!

Geez, I'm just relaying info that was in another thread :eek:

Sorry,

didn't mean to be mean towards you.

it's towards the person using 2 strength augments.

Maybe we could go to Hutta and I'll buy you a couple of spices and death sticks.

Have a few Corellian Ale and laugh it up.

Shoot, I mean slash up some Gundans or anykind of Jarjar Binks lookalikes

while we're drunk.

sorry,

didn't mean to be mean towards you.

It's towards the person using 2 strength augments.

Maybe we could go to hutta and i'll buy you a couple of spices and death sticks.

Have a few corellian ale and laugh it up.

Shoot, i mean slash up some gundans or anykind of jarjar binks lookalikes

while we're drunk.

sweet!

:D

There are no diminishing returns on main stats such as Aim, Str, etc

If you have nothing that increases your main stat, then Power is very slightly better. Power adds .23 bonus damage per point, and main stats add .2 damage per point.

However, for BH we have a talent that increases Aim by 9% and there's the class buff that inreases main stat by 5%. When you add these to our Aim, it makes Aim add .228 (and power is .23). In this case, power has a higher damage bonus by .002 per point. However, the amount of Crit that Aim gives us will more than make up for the .002 loss.

Therefore, Aim is better than Power for BH, and possibly other classes with similar talent(s).

Also, even without the talents...it doesnt seem worth it to use the crafted49 implants to have 80 power total, instead of an extra 120 main stat, and 80 endurance.

See this chart:

http://www.jedilace.com/2012/02/02/primary-and-secondary-attribute-scaling/

Edited by DarthBloodloss