No raid in 1.2

So per the Operations/Flashpoint panel during the Guild Summit, Gabe stated that the new Operation will NOT be included in 1.2.

I haven't found transcripts for it, but he did say it plain and simple.

Here is what he actually said. Link from Darthhater.com

http://www.darthhater.com/articles/swtor-news/19973-guild-summit-stream-live-blog/page-3

"The 1.2 Operation "Explosive Conflict" will be the first "Tier 2" raid instance."

"Nightmare mode will be made harder, but needs a lot of testing and will not launch with 1.2 update"

This is most likely what you heard. Smart on their part, making sure it works right instead of trying to patch bug fixes later.

So per the Operations/Flashpoint panel during the Guild Summit, Gabe stated that the new Operation will NOT be included in 1.2.

I guess it wasn't so plain and simple. lol :rolleyes:

http://www.darthhater.com/articles/swtor-news/19973-guild-summit-stream-live-blog/page-3

"The 1.2 Operation "Explosive Conflict" will be the first "Tier 2" raid instance."

"Nightmare mode will be made harder, but needs a lot of testing and will not launch with 1.2 update"

This is most likely what you heard. Smart on their part, making sure it works right instead of trying to patch bug fixes later.

LOL! They aren't holding back nightmare mode to ensure it needs more testing...they are holding it back so guilds dont clear it on nightmare mode on the FIRST DAY wihich we all know WOULD happen.

Whatever bugs exist in normal and hard mode would exist in nightmare anyways. Its not like the mechanics are any different now are they?

LOL! They aren't holding back nightmare mode to ensure it needs more testing...they are holding it back so guilds dont clear it on nightmare mode on the FIRST DAY wihich we all know WOULD happen.

Whatever bugs exist in normal and hard mode would exist in nightmare anyways. Its not like the mechanics are any different now are they?

there will be new mechanics in both hard and nightmare

The modern American education system at work.

The problem with new raid content is that if it isn't extensively tested then usually there are bugs that make the encounters seem broken and/or allows the bosses to be killed by exploits of bugs.

Someone in the audience at the guild summit said something like,

"Will Nightmare mode have new mechanics, or just the standard fare of higher HP?"

to which the guy responded,

"Nightmare mode will have new mechanics"

Good news ;)

Edited by joetacticSW

As the above poster stated: we specifically asked Gabe if there would very different mechanics for the different levels of difficulty. He responded there would brand new ones that was the reason for the delay with nightmare. The days of learning fights on normal and cruising nightmare are done. Edited by swpoop

Thank god they are! The current content is very lacking imo. I am excited to see 1.2 launch. I really don't care if they've pushed it back to early April, so long as its worth it. And yeah, before the rest of you naysayers post something, take the time to research what you are about to say before spewing crap please.

The old adage "Assuming makes an arse of you and me" applies in everything...

The 2 points are separate:

"The 1.2 Operation "Explosive Conflict" will be the first "Tier 2" raid instance." PERIOD

"Nightmare mode will be made harder, but needs a lot of testing and will not launch with 1.2 update" (this is a separate point from the first, meaning CURRENT NM operations will be made harder in the future, not the new one, it doesn't even make sense to say "hey, we're gonna make the NM mode on this not even available operation even harder)

but maybe i'm also talking out of my *** here

Edited by GenMacG

The 2 points are separate:

"The 1.2 Operation "Explosive Conflict" will be the first "Tier 2" raid instance." PERIOD

"Nightmare mode will be made harder, but needs a lot of testing and will not launch with 1.2 update" (this is a separate point from the first, meaning CURRENT NM operations will be made harder in the future, not the new one, it doesn't even make sense to say "hey, we're gonna make the NM mode on this not even available operation even harder)

but maybe i'm also talking out of my *** here

Yeah, you're misinterpreting it. What would make no sense would be rebalancing the T1 Raids after the content has been cleared and people are moving on to the T2 Raids.

What he meant was that "Nightmare mode will be made (comparitively) harder, but needs a lot of testing and will not launch with 1.2 update." So the point is the drive home that Nightmare in Explosive Conflict will be Harder than Hard mode in comparison to the Nightmare modes increased difficulty in KP and EV.

Also, they're likely going to wait to see the metrics of Guilds performance on Hardmode EC and then tune Nightmare afterwards to ensure the intended level of difficulty.