Ranked Warzones Broke on Arrival?

mBlakew

They need to do something about voidstar before putting in ranked warzones. How can you have a warzone with no definitive way to determine winner or loser when same amount of objectives are captured, yet have no ties? It cannot remain that way.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They need to do something about voidstar before putting in ranked warzones. How can you have a warzone with no definitive way to determine winner or loser when same amount of objectives are captured, yet have no ties? It cannot remain that way.

They said they are changing the determination of winner/loser in 1.2.

Well If preseason is like exhibition games in hockey or football, the stats mean nothing. Hopefully we can still earn ranked comms though.

They said War Hero will be geared through ranked warzone commendations. So I would assume that the pre-season would be a chance for us to gear up with the War Hero set.

In doing this they said there is no valor restriction on the War Hero gero, so battlemaster is pretty much useless now in theory. You can have a valor rank 20 person in full War Hero if they win enough warzones.

It's dangerous to ASSUME bioware will implement the pre-season how you think they should. Unless there is enough chatter on the board, it is also equally likely that pre season rankings will be retained and not wiped. I see so many threads on these boards with bioware fanboys yelling at people for complaining about things before they are implemented, but GUESS WHAT?! If you don't speak up BEFORE it is implemented then you're going to have to suffer through whatever bs it is until they change it, if they even DO change it.

Getting a productive discussion going in this thread is the best way to let Bioware know what the pvp community wants.

What might be the reasoning behind that holding back of 8m?

The lack of 'full premade' would be a huge disappointment, even if it would only last for a month or two. It actually is more rng dependant to get paired with another full group than running solo and having 7 'draws'.

As this game doesn't have arena, yet, 8m rated is the only 'competitive' PvP content we can expect to see in the near future. After the delay of 1.2 towards beginning of april (if it needs time, it needs time ofc) it was crushing news, that there'll be only 4m in the beginning. It'll serve nice as an alternative to solo and 8m, but I seriously don't get the further delay.

Maybe it is intended to buffer the complaints about class imbalances and have some time to tweak before **** really hits the fan.

Edited by wtfnonamefree

What might be the reasoning behind that holding back of 8m?

The lack of 'full premade' would be a huge disappointment, even if it would only last for a month or two. It actually is more rng dependant to get paired with another full group than running solo and having 7 'draws'.

As this game doesn't have arena, yet, 8m rated is the only 'competitive' PvP content we can expect to see in the near future. After the delay of 1.2 towards beginning of april (if it needs time, it needs time ofc) it was crushing news, that there'll be only 4m in the beginning. It'll serve nice as an alternative to solo and 8m, but I seriously don't get the further delay.

Maybe it is intended to buffer the complaints about class imbalances and have some time to tweak before **** really hits the fan.

I completely agree with this. I don't see the point in giving us a pre-season of non-8man groups.

Sure, we can test out the system for them and this gives us something to play with. But I think this could be done better on the public test server.

Even if the "pre-season" means nothing, my server is very competitive in PvP and I don't feel like hearing the boasting about a half luck half skill based system.

This thread is trying to draw Bioware's attention for clarification and possible suggestions so we can ge true Group V Group, Guild V Guild PvP in the war zones.

A lot of people talked about guild events in open world areas, and that's all fine and dandy, but it's not ranked, doesn't give gear / commendations, and doesn't really mean as much all together.

Rather than give us half the PvP system, give it to us all at once when it's ready.

If anyone, at this point, doesn't fully understand that BW is going to flop on Ranked WZs and blow it completely, they obviously haven't been playing PvP in this game for the last couple months.

Sadly, I fear in the short term you are correct. I don't see this getting fixed before we have ranked war zones. If they delay it any further it could inter fear with "season 1" of PvP.

Raise awareness so we can get this problem fixed. No one asked this question at the guild summit, something that seemed obvious to ask.

Edited by mBlakew

It's dangerous to ASSUME bioware will implement the pre-season how you think they should. Unless there is enough chatter on the board, it is also equally likely that pre season rankings will be retained and not wiped. I see so many threads on these boards with bioware fanboys yelling at people for complaining about things before they are implemented, but GUESS WHAT?! If you don't speak up BEFORE it is implemented then you're going to have to suffer through whatever bs it is until they change it, if they even DO change it.

Getting a productive discussion going in this thread is the best way to let Bioware know what the pvp community wants.

This really sums up the purpose of this thread. We simply don't know and should have to guess about these things.

Yep. This is ridiculous. If you were on my server you would know that despite your best efforts winning a ranked match will be very difficult because that second group of 4, be it premade or puggers, practically play for the other side they are so bad. Tons of Imperials pvp, and most of them are horrible. Republic has a lot less that pvp, but even their pugs play A LOT smarter. A sweeping server wide generalization, but sadly true. We've been dyyyying for 8 man queues to take the bads out of the equation, but apparently you want me to carry the bads even through RANKED warzones now?! Unacceptable.

If ranked warzones are implemented this way it will be a joke. Ranking will NOT be an indication of skill. It will be more of a luck metric.

Bioware please don't implement ranked warzones until 8 man queues are possible.

Without a 8 man queing system, these warzone rankings mean nothing!

And this roll out - preseason nonsense is just shameful.

OP you are 100% correct. I seriously doubted Bioware would be this dumb but it appears they proved me wrong once again. See this link for proof:

http://i42.tinypic.com/jzf708.png

"Solo Ranked" and "Party Ranked"

Bioware said 8 man Ops groups queuing is not going to be in 1.2. Here is a quote from a guy blogging the entire event:

ranked warzone: full 8 people group allowed. timeline is TBD.

Timeline TBD so for all we know, 8 man Ops ranked queue may not be till May or even June. By then, Tera Online will have been released and Guild Wars 2 is not far behind. GG Bioware. It was fun while it lasted.

ive seen this picture before and fail to see what point it proves

.. GW2, the holy messiah of PvP. The QQ and tears when that game launches when it isnt the second coming of PvP Jeesus is going to be freaking *hillarious*.

its funny you say that considering tor was supposed to be the next big thing

Has there been any kind of confirmation on whether its going to be 4 ppl rated wz or 8 ppl rated wz "groups"?

For me this is a game braker. I think everybody should give the devs some time to develope and fix things, but they should know better then implementing a rated system which puts together a 4 man grp and 4 "randoms".

So any confirmation?

Yes this is exactly what i want to know! Is it possible to queue with 8 ppl for ranked warzones "yes" or "no". This is only question which is important for me right now as this deters if i will quit this game imidiately or want to play further. I think most of the PVPers there think the same.

I have watched the guild summit and as i can remeber the have told it will be possible but now i am not sure ..

On darthhater is says among other things:

"Will be able to queue with a full 8-person group for Warzones. Will also allow groups to persist between Warzones so you don't have to re-form every time."

check out the rest here: http://www.darthhater.com/articles/swtor-news/19973-guild-summit-stream-live-blog/page-4

does this refer to 1.2 or later patches? does someone know this?

How are the solo ranked people ever going to win and get gear if they there are no 4 man premade to carry them?

First, all solo players aren't bad. But, you have a point. I think that the effect will be to push the PvPers who want to play in ranked warzones into larger guilds so that they can join an 8 man team. As an example, most of the time, there aren't 8 people from my guild on at one time. However, I've made friends with other PvPers and we are growing the guild, so I can use my network to get a group. From what I've seen in game and heard here, a lot of players don't make friends and are in very small guilds. Without a larger guild and friends, these players won't get into the ranked WZs.

+1 to 8 man teams if players can get 8 people together. If not, let soloers join.

Edited by Bamajawn

.. GW2, the holy messiah of PvP. The QQ and tears when that game launches when it isnt the second coming of PvP Jeesus is going to be freaking *hillarious*.

GW II may not end up being the end all of PvP but it sure the hell can't me any worse then what BW has given us. Hell after I complete my dailies, I have been going playing Aion for some more enjoyable PvP and I quit that game 2 months ago for SWTOR. The game is fun and the story line is very good but my god they have no direction or clue on how to run a successful PvP game.

Doesn't seem broke to me. People who don't want to group get their rated pvp in the solo queue- people that do get their party based. And it's preseason at that- it's basically like 'exhibition' matches til they roll out the real season.

Guess I should start complaining about how unacceptable it is for hockey to take a break in the summer.

People whine about the stupidest things.

First, all solo players aren't bad. But, you have a point. I think that the effect will be to push the PvPers who want to play in ranked warzones into larger guilds so that they can join an 8 man team. As an example, most of the time, there aren't 8 people from my guild on at one time. However, I've made friends with other PvPers and we are growing the guild, so I can use my network to get a group. From what I've seen in game and heard here, a lot of players don't make friends and are in very small guilds. Without a larger guild and friends, these players won't get into the ranked WZs.

+1 to 8 man teams if players can get 8 people together. If not, let soloers join.

If that's the plan, I'll be saying adios when it goes live, if not before. I'm not going to be forced to play how I don't want to play in an MMO.

If the matchmaking was superb in its efforts to not pit solo queue players against premades and if cross server warzones exist by then to support that, I can see it working, but otherwise, I'm going to pass. I don't pvp to get rolled by premades and I don't enjoy premade pvp enough to do it nearly as often as I pug.

Hey guys,

After watching the live stream today I'm unclear about a few things.

Ranked Warzones are coming, however, 8 man queues are not coming at the same time.

So if I understand this correctly, Ranked Warzones are going to consist of 4 queued members + 4 random members.

So in theory the ranking are somewhat based on luck, or whether your 4 members can carry 4 maybe decent players.

Or are these ranked warzones going to be 4 V 4?

Anyone else confused by this?

Its called a Pre-Season just to establish a ranking and see where the population lies. Season 1 (the real thing) will have 8 man Q's