Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

1.2 is "The Messiah of all Patches"

BOLTgamer

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it more sad than people who pay to play what they believe is an unfinished game? ;)

Sorry they sucked me in with the Star Wars IP for a 6 month sub, sorry I make enough money that 77 dollars isnt a big deal, Sorry that as a paying customer I will voice how unfinished this game is compared to other MMO's hell even F2P MMO's have more features.

Patch 1.2 is literally game changing for swtor.

People still complaining are just here to complain and be bitter nothing more.

New endgame isn't enough yet they are just thinking on one ops ill one shot with my guild...... yet in the video people asked about ops difficulty and a number of other things.

The new 1.2 ops nightmare mode will be miles more difficult then the ones we have seen here at launch.

The new 1.2 ops hardmode and nightmare mode will have differnet loot tables which means gear progression is now coming into play.

But wait you think your done because after the first 2 months you down nightmare and got all your gear? Nope wheres your orange crit crafted gear with agument slot?

Not only do you have to raid you have to have the best crafted gear to be BiS.

Then you have warzones again a new tier of gear the war hero set.

This is the start of ranked pvp folks if you think thats not endgame enough then you play way way to much.

People cheated on the battlemasters for the most part and took advantage of the exploits available at launch along with trading kills in ilum. People that did it legit said it took along time to grind up for it.

ELO ranked pvp that will be moving into season 1 and cross server pvp very soon I imagine.

Many people will be focus'd on this for months to come.

So to those saying its not enough your clearly trolling.

Then lets add in the other things like legacy.... if you cant stay entertained until the next content patch with all of the stuff in 1.2, then maybe you should not play mmo's in general because theres not a single mmo on the market that can keep up at that pace.

Sorry they sucked me in with the Star Wars IP for a 6 month sub, sorry I make enough money that 77 dollars isnt a big deal, Sorry that as a paying customer I will voice how unfinished this game is compared to other MMO's hell even F2P MMO's have more features.

Care to give an example of a MMO launched within the last 6 months with more features?

Or are you comparing it to games that have had more time to add things?

I wonder if anything you wrote is even remotely true?.. because most, mainly the end, of it is totally false.

Ok honest question. Do you believe patch 1.whateva would have had so many parts implemented if people didn't QQ in the first place? Do you think BW already knew what was important to everyone?

I really enjoy playing this game but I support QQ. QQ is the interweb lube of tomorrow. Apply generously.

What in-game events were they talking about?

I haven't seen any details about this, but it's described as "special, one time world events."

In my mind, that sorta means the stuff Blizz used to do in Azeroth before major expansion releases.

But again, haven't be able to find any concrete details.

Patch 1.2 is literally game changing for swtor.

New endgame isn't enough yet they are just thinking on one ops ill one shot with my guild...... yet in the video people asked about ops difficulty and a number of other things.

The new 1.2 ops nightmare mode will be miles more difficult then the ones we have seen here at launch.

The new 1.2 ops hardmode and nightmare mode will have differnet loot tables which means gear progression is now coming into play.

But wait you think your done because after the first 2 months you down nightmare and got all your gear? Nope wheres your orange crit crafted gear with agument slot?

Not only do you have to raid you have to have the best crafted gear to be BiS.

Then you have warzones again a new tier of gear the war hero set.

This is the start of ranked pvp folks if you think thats not endgame enough then you play way way to much.

People cheated on the battlemasters for the most part and took advantage of the exploits available at launch along with trading kills in ilum. People that did it legit said it took along time to grind up for it.

ELO ranked pvp that will be moving into season 1 and cross server pvp very soon I imagine.

Many people will be focus'd on this for months to come.

So to those saying its not enough your clearly trolling.

Then lets add in the other things like legacy.... if you cant stay entertained until the next content patch with all of the stuff in 1.2, then maybe you should not play mmo's in general because theres not a single mmo on the market that can keep up at that pace.

You've pretty much just described a Generic content update for any MMO.

But thats not the point Im trying to make - My point is - Dead servers = No fun for an MMO. Needs to be addressed as its ruining a lot of peoples experiences.

Never happy, if you won the lotto you'd still cry.

Maybe, with tears of Joy.

Also there is a difference between complaining:

complaining: present participle of com·plain (Verb): Express dissatisfaction or annoyance about a state of affairs or an event.

and a problem!

prob·lem/ˈpräbləm/ Noun: A matter or situation regarded as unwelcome or harmful and needing to be dealt with and overcome.

Edited by Mysquine

Ok honest question. Do you believe patch 1.whateva would have had so many parts implemented if people didn't QQ in the first place? Do you think BW already knew what was important to everyone?

Yes.

I think many of the features were being worked on before launch, before the crying.....back when they "weren't listening" to the beta players. :rolleyes:

Edited by Skoobie

Care to give an example of a MMO launched within the last 6 months with more features?

Rift had chat bubbles, Rift had LFG, Rift had animal mounts. and thats just Rift. BUT and this is the kicker, SWTOR has to compete with games that have been out for YEARS, using an excuse like "Its a new MMO" doesn't cut it, they should have the features players liked from those games such as LFG, addons, and so forth.

Hell I would throw all that to the wind if I didn't need to RAMDRIVE to stop the hitching or add lines to settings.ini because they removed graphic options from BETA.

Yes.

I think many of the features were being worked on before launch, before the crying.....back when they "weren't listening" to the beta players. :rolleyes:

Then they should shut down the forums. I'm glad someone can answer every future suggestion I may ever have. Well played BW.

I know it is a little outside of the 6 month mark, but Rift was released 9 months before TOR. It had more features at release. It didn't vary from the WoW model, so it didn't keep my interest for very long.

You kidding? Patch 1.2 looks phenomenal! It's primarily comprised of features that should have been present AT LAUNCH. Nice to finally see some of what's been missing for about 1.5 years from the game...

1.5 years?

The game launched around 3 months ago, m8.

I know it is a little outside of the 6 month mark, but Rift was released 9 months before TOR. It had more features at release. It didn't vary from the WoW model, so it didn't keep my interest for very long.

Within the three months Im pretty sure Rift already had River of Souls and Hammerknell well on the way along with Server wide Events, LFG functionality with random rewards, quite alot of features really.

They did a good job in the time-span but sadly everyone moved when merges came out

Yes.

To have this many new features this soon means most of these features were supposed to be available at release. Unfortunately, BW couldn't figure out how to make the hero engine work correctly until after release, so they didn't have time to finish the features they are releasing in 1.2.

I hear this a lot, I was there at Rifts launch and I have to disagree.

Nothing new there. Most of us have been saying these things for months. I'm not going to give Bioware credit for botching their timeline so badly that they have a mega patch ready to roll 4 months after release.

As if you know anything about their timeline and what they have/had in store.

Rift had chat bubbles, Rift had LFG, Rift had animal mounts. and thats just Rift. BUT and this is the kicker, SWTOR has to compete with games that have been out for YEARS, using an excuse like "Its a new MMO" doesn't cut it, they should have the features players liked from those games such as LFG, addons, and so forth.

Hell I would throw all that to the wind if I didn't need to RAMDRIVE to stop the hitching or add lines to settings.ini because they removed graphic options from BETA.

So your comparing it to games that have had time to add things. Ok, just making sure.

May I suggest checking out other MMO's at launch. You may see a pattern.

To have this many new features this soon means most of these features were supposed to be available at release. Unfortunately, BW couldn't figure out how to make the hero engine work correctly until after release, so they didn't have time to finish the features they are releasing in 1.2.

Please provide sources for your rants. Thanks.

I like how people expect the world from any brand new MMO launch, yet are disappointed game after game. Also, many F2P games are licensed from Asia, so they have months/years of post-launch development going for them.

Rift had LFG

Rift did not have LFG tool at launch.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.