Legacy system a huge letdown. Nothing more than an Alt grinding feature

ValaxDarkseer

Agree with the OP.

I"m not interested in alt grinding either. If I want stories, I'll go watch a movie or read a book. This is game, and I want gameplay and content that allows me to specialize and improve my main character.

Enjoy your butterflies and fairy men.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They want you to see most of the story lines.

They have said this from day 1.

The legacy system would be completely worth it if it was only % increases to leveling just so you can skip half of the quests you did on your first toon and focus mainly on the class stories.

Too bad the story lines are only about 10 percent of your lvling play time. i wont be playing the bioware alt end game . no thank you. what they said from day 1 is that rerolling was a part of the endgame not the total end game right now there is about 5 hours per week of content for a end game pve player .

Im not an alt player, I dont really like grinding out for the sake of grinding out. That said. I have no objection to creating content/features that support things I personally do not like, as I know other people will enjoy.

Legacy looks interesting, but Its not for me. And Im okay with that.

I showed my wife the Mesmer (or whatever it is) and she laughed at me.

I asked her what was so funny, she then pointed out the butterflies in all of the animations.

BUTTERFLIES

Yeah I got bored with it after the go stomp on Frost worms quest....

Im not an alt player, I dont really like grinding out for the sake of grinding out. That said. I have no objection to creating content/features that support things I personally do not like, as I know other people will enjoy.

Legacy looks interesting, but Its not for me. And Im okay with that.

Wonderful attitude. I am a total alt player, and I feel exactly the same way toward WZs, Ops, and endgame FPs. I'm glad to see them adding this content, even if it is content I'll likely never (or rarely) experience.

Wonderful attitude. I am a total alt player, and I feel exactly the same way toward WZs, Ops, and endgame FPs. I'm glad to see them adding this content, even if it is content I'll likely never (or rarely) experience.

I am an alt player. I like playing alts. I was WAITING to play alts until the legacy changes came out.

Apparently, that was a stupid thing to do, since now I can not take advantage of the most visible benefit of legacy levels, the ability to roll off-class species combinations.

I am an alt player. I like playing alts. I was WAITING to play alts until the legacy changes came out.

Apparently, that was a stupid thing to do, since now I can not take advantage of the most visible benefit of legacy levels, the ability to roll off-class species combinations.

I don't quite understand what you're saying here. I'm not saying your point is invalid or anything, just that I genuinely don't understand.

Most of the complaints I've seen have been people complaining because they have been playing alts. It looks (unless I'm misinterpreting what you're saying) like you're complaining that you didn't roll alts? Is that correct? If so, why?

Again, I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm just genuinely curious.

I don't quite understand what you're saying here. I'm not saying your point is invalid or anything, just that I genuinely don't understand.

Most of the complaints I've seen have been people complaining because they have been playing alts. It looks (unless I'm misinterpreting what you're saying) like you're complaining that you didn't roll alts? Is that correct? If so, why?

Again, I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm just genuinely curious.

Because I was waiting to have more species options, so I leveled my human smuggler, raided, and raced up legacy levels.

Now, my bonus is that I can roll a human of any class now. Oh wait....

Hello everyone!

We appreciate feedback, both positive and negative. However, we do ask that that feedback is constructive. This post goes into more detail about what we're looking for in feedback and how to make sure your feedback is constructive and helpful.

With that in mind, we're going to go ahead and close the thread. If you have suggestions for the game, we have a forum for specific suggestions, the Suggestion Box. For general discussions regarding the Legacy System, we do have an official thread from today's Guild Summit. We encourage you to continue your discussion in one of these locations.

Thank you for understanding and helping us make sure that the forums are as constructive and helpful as possible!