Please let us avoid same faction warzones.

Kaadan

Does anyone else really dislike playing against their own faction in warzones? I don't mind hutball all that much as long as I get to play it against the republic (being imperial myself), but same faction warzones are just a mess. I'll be fighting someone and suddenly were both in the middle of a big red imperial symbol and I have no idea if I’m about to get help or be killed, and that's only in hutball. Imagine what that will be like in voidstar... is that my teammate covering me while I try and plant a bomb or is it an enemy stopping me planting it?

More than only the confusion aspect of it though, I just really don't enjoy or want to play against my own faction. If I am going to fight then I want to fight the ”enemy”. To me it's the same as in sports, sure it's ok to divide a team into two and play against eachother, but it's much more fun to play against a rival team.

Now that the devs seem intent on making every warzone playable against your own faction, I'm curious if there are any other people who feel like I do, and who would appreciate it if while they are redoing the queuing system for warzones anyway they could include a small checkbox for ”Do not queue for same faction warzones”.

I'm sure a lot of people don't have a problem with fighting their own faction and just want faster queue times, and that's fine, I don't want to take that option away from anyone who wants it, but I would like the option to avoid it myself, even though it would mean potentially queuing for longer myself.

Your queue time would be unchanged unless you checked the box. The only difference for you from now will be that you can fight other imperials in the other warzones once the patch hits.

it dont matter anyways everyone will be dropping warzones to que up for the new one.Since according to gabe having the choice to choose warzones is a bad thing.

Well place your bets now 100 to 1 on people dropping warzones until they can que up for the new warzone

why theyre so slow to understand this is beyond me. Choice is never a bad thing gabe and people are dropping warzones anyways should just cut the bs give us the choice. Let us choose already geesh

the reason theres so much same faction pvp is b/c they didnt put wookies as a playable race plain and simple. Does anyone honestly disagree that if you could play a wookie/alien race you would do so?

This is also why all the focus is on warzones and ilum is bieng flushed down the toilet

A multi million $$ and they cant make the reps more appealling. They could put wookies in look at the bh storyline it can be done they just dont want to do it.

It really annoys me when people ask for the ability to choose a warzone. If you just thought about it for one second you would understand why that is a bad idea with the current population count.

Being able to pick a warzone will just increase the que time because everyone will be choosing their favourite ones. It is much better to have it random because it cuts down the queue times.

None of the warzone are that bad it would put someone of warzones, so just stop moaning about it.

It really annoys me when people ask for the ability to choose a warzone. If you just thought about it for one second you would understand why that is a bad idea with the current population count.

Being able to pick a warzone will just increase the que time because everyone will be choosing their favourite ones. It is much better to have it random because it cuts down the queue times.

None of the warzone are that bad it would put someone of warzones, so just stop moaning about it.

Agreed. Being able to choose your WZ would be awesome!

having the choice to choose has no negative. I dont care what gabe says or anyone else choice is never a bad thing its just not. Why should i be forced to play huttball 20 times over. I hate f'ng huttball i want alderan or voidstar it would make the game better. People leave the ones they dont want to do anyways already. Its just stupid the only difference compared to now is you could choose where to go to thats it. People are going to drop then to. You cant force people all the time to play what they dont want to thats reality

Of course it has a negative.

They already said they are reducing the frequency of huttball and the faction vs faction on void star and the new pvp will further reduce that.

Choosing a warzone will only increase queue times.

i would rather que with people who want to play the warzone that i do it increses the chance they wont drop more. Id rather wait in a 10 minute que for people that will stay and play then i would queing up and people dropping all over the place.

i would rather que with people who want to play the warzone that i do it increses the chance they wont drop more. Id rather wait in a 10 minute que for people that will stay and play then i would queing up and people dropping all over the place.

Thats rubbish, why would you accept longer queue times. I like all three warzones and cannot understand the problem people have with the. Obv i have a favorite and a least but overall all three are fun to play. Choosing a warzone will only diminish the fun by making us wait longer.

yeah but people are dropping out of them b/c its not ones they want to play. Not to mention theres people who cant play certain warzones like alderan where the speeders dont spawn for them. They would be queing more

sure it does, when your choice makes longer queues for everyone else.

I dunno, I agree with the OP. I've always been kind of an ambience kind of guy and it would kind of get under my skin if I fought imperials in battlegrounds that were clearly Imperial vs Republic designed...

After this change it's going to feel a whole lot less like a war, and a whole lot more like there are no factions at all.

you want to know what diminishes fun? people dropping out of warzones they dont want. So like i said ill take longer que for warzone where its less people dropping then 3vs8

Thats rubbish, why would you accept longer queue times. I like all three warzones and cannot understand the problem people have with the. Obv i have a favorite and a least but overall all three are fun to play. Choosing a warzone will only diminish the fun by making us wait longer.

The fix for people dropping out is by implementing a punishment, which im sure bioware are close to doing.

This should stop people from quitting and therefore pvp will be better regardless of warzone.

You must be on a funny server then because i havent experienced this drop out problem.

And i don't mind playing my own faction because its still pvp at the end of the day which is fun. Plus fighting people who you see do well on your team in previous warzones would be fun. Or randomly facing friends would add a level of competition.

the fix is giving us a choice. All the punishement in the world is meaningless theyre going to leave. Yet still what about people who cant actually play warzones like alderan b/c the speeder wont spawn for them? should we punish them to?

I have yet to see a decent arguement to why choice is bad. All i hear is longer ques even if so it will be better.

the reason theres so much same faction pvp is b/c they didnt put wookies as a playable race plain and simple. Does anyone honestly disagree that if you could play a wookie/alien race you would do so?

Can't stop chuckling over this. You only wish it was that simple.

And yeah, I wouldn't play a wookie or any other goofy alien for the same reason I never played a Tauren or Troll in WOW, it never appealed to me.

Oh, I almost forgot, it'll be odd playing against my own faction in any WZ other than huttball. It just makes no sense. Now we'll have 2 republic teams trying to blow each other's ships out of the sky or steal the same data from voidstar or whatever. The whole world is going crazy.

Edited by sumfizz

my issue is ihate f'n huttball i refuse to do it yet its forced on me. I have no choice in the matter. There maybe people who hate alderaan and love huttball and thier forced to well forcing doesnt work so well. Since beta to today people have dropped. People are choosing that way to choose why not make it official? were going to get it later anyways

yeah thats just you in general people do. I know its this simple how do i know? i played swg for years thats how

Can't stop chuckling over this. You only wish it was that simple.

And yeah, I wouldn't play a wookie or any other goofy alien for the same reason I never played a Tauren or Troll in WOW, it never appealed to me.