Information so far on Ranked Warzones from Guild Summit

Rapto

New Warzone functionality including expanded rewards like a new tier of PvP along with Ranked Warzones which will give you a personal rating for solo and group play!

This is from the guild summit chat from a dev. So it's looking like there will be a MMR rating of sort. The solo play is interesting as we can assume that you can queue solo for a ranked rating?

Discuss

Edited by Rapto

New Warzone functionality including expanded rewards like a new tier of PvP along with Ranked Warzones which will give you a personal rating for solo and group play!

This is from the guild summit chat from a dev. So it's looking like there will be a MMR rating of sort. The solo play is interesting as we can assume that you can queue solo for a ranked rating?

Discuss

i was very surprised about the solo ranking. i didn't expect it, and i stand corrected. 1.2 looks to have stuff for pretty much everyone. can't wait for the panels.

i was very surprised about the solo ranking. i didn't expect it, and i stand corrected. 1.2 looks to have stuff for pretty much everyone. can't wait for the panels.

Ya hoping to get ALOT more detail about this during the pvp panel discussion. As of right now the only information is that small MOD post and a quick glimpse at the warzone rating in-game tab which there isn't a recording for yet so we can't pause and analyze what they have.

If they don't tie MMR to the gear, then there wouldn't be a reason to exploit except for epeen. Tying rating requirements to certain gear was a terrible idea that incentivized gaming the system rather than purely competative play.

If they don't tie MMR to the gear, then there wouldn't be a reason to exploit except for epeen. Tying rating requirements to certain gear was a terrible idea that incentivized gaming the system rather than purely competative play.

Lol, you make it sound like sperm isn't reason enough for all the kiddies

Thanks for the pic, didn't notice the seperate queues for solo/party when they were flashing them.

Very happy don't have to be queueing against some PuGs with a 8man group.

I'm still skeptical with solo ranked as it seems you are just playing the RNG lottery with the quality of team mates they pair you with.

Thanks for the pic, didn't notice the seperate queues for solo/party when they were flashing them.

Very happy don't have to be queueing against some PuGs with a 8man group.

I'm still skeptical with solo ranked as it seems you are just playing the RNG lottery with the quality of team mates they pair you with.

That's why their implementation is so key. If ranking is just based on wins/losses then we're f'ed, but if score figures in there and you still rank top or high on the chart then its not terrible.

My one question is if it'll still be random what WZ you are Q'ING for or if you can pick specifics.

That's why their implementation is so key. If ranking is just based on wins/losses then we're f'ed, but if score figures in there and you still rank top or high on the chart then its not terrible.

My one question is if it'll still be random what WZ you are Q'ING for or if you can pick specifics.

I imagine that kill/death ratio, mvp votes, and medals is going to play a large part in your solo rank. the question I have is will the system try to create pugs based on the ranks? meaning the teams will be more "even" (no more 8 BMs on one side competing against 8 people in quest greens/blues on the other.)

I imagine that kill/death ratio, mvp votes, and medals is going to play a large part in your solo rank. the question I have is will the system try to create pugs based on the ranks? meaning the teams will be more "even" (no more 8 BMs on one side competing against 8 people in quest greens/blues on the other.)

Another great question.

To be honest I don't expect to see a great match making system, have yet to experience a good one in any game. Let alone for a game where it is quite literally an after thought.

Great! Because ranking systems always improve gameplay and are never abused.

That Bioware is even working on this while PvP is in the state it is (and about to become worse), is pathetic!

Great! Because ranking systems always improve gameplay and are never abused.

That Bioware is even working on this while PvP is in the state it is (and about to become worse), is pathetic!

Oh, go away you negative Nancy, you just ruined a positive thread.

Edited by Naethion

Another great question.

To be honest I don't expect to see a great match making system, have yet to experience a good one in any game. Let alone for a game where it is quite literally an after thought.

it doesn't seem like it would be too hard with the solo queues to do something like this

say you have players ranked like this (using valor just for illustration)

01) 72

02) 60

03) 58

04) 55

05) 49

06) 45

07) 44

08) 43

09) 42

10) 38

11) 37

12) 32

13) 31

14) 29

15) 16

16) 11

then you would end up with teams that looks like this

01) 72

04) 55

06) 45

08) 43

10) 38

12) 32

14) 29

16) 11

against

02) 60

03) 58

05) 49

07) 44

09) 42

11) 37

13) 31

15) 16

no system is perfect, but I imagine there would be less lopsided games like this.

Oh I'm not saying it should be all that hard, just that I have yet to see a working system.

The match making itself might even work fine but but the ratings have issues. Just a lot of failure points you know, and again, its all and after thought.

I hope to god we can queue up with 8 players. A PvP guild going for rating wont really work when you get teamed up with some random people. We want to have 8 players that can communicate with eachother.

If we dont get 8 man premades. A lot of people will quit the game. At least thats the only lifeline my PvP guild has atm, the hope of full guild premades.

I hope they elaborate on this as well. With the changes coming of 4 max medals for valor, Healers getting kill credit for healing a DPS who is killing etc, that could get really hairy.

If I was a healer I would just find the higest geared DPS in my group and follow him around for the entire match. Its possible healers could rank up huge medal counts which could really throw off the ranking system if not done properly.

This is of course all assumption but it is food for thought.