Get rid of Voidstar forcefield

bellok

Get rid of this pos forcefield, if you miss it for some strange reason it stays closed too long and the system boots you out.

You got trapped behind the forcefield long enough to be ported out?

It's so hard to press W.

Edited by Redmarx

It can happen in Huttball too, you join in late, start making your way up to the door then the field just hits you in the face. I've never been kicked out by it yet but I manage to get out with about 10 seconds left on the debuff.

They are upping the time from 60s to 90s soon.

I personally feel each person should have their own personal wall that lasts 10 to 20s, depending on the zone. Once it drops it's gone. If you are still just standing there for another 60 to 90s, then your kicked.

It's so hard to press W.

no actually the deserter timer bugged out and it was like 30 seconds...... Sarcasm is wonderfull. You are so leet you know where the w key is. :) Good for you. Can you pee in the toilet yet?

It's so hard to press W.

Unless the bug that resets the forcefield when a door is opened was never fixed, like it hasn't been. I've been booted out simply because of that.

They should just add a re-spawn timer instead. Smart groups will regroup before heading out of a spawn point anyway.

Edited by noebert

The wall timer was designed because it takes the least amount of coding. I have played other games that used the same design - a global timer.

However, there's already individual player coding in the game. Whenever you die in PvE, after you res in place, you go on a immunity timer, making you invis and giving you time to get out of any aggro range. Use this same code for voidstar/huttball but modify a little. Instead you get the same immunity timer in the spawn area at full health already, but you are unable to move until the timer finishes. When the timer finishes, you have 30 seconds to leave the spawn area or get booted. You can immediately join the game when the res timer ends. That way the whole team doesn't sit idle for 30 seconds while the spawn timer finishes.

So, in practice, you get killed in the warzone. You click respawn. You appear in the spawn area invis and on a rez timer. The timer ends and you now can go back into the fight without having to wait out a full global timer.

It wouldn't be hard to design at all since most of the coding is already there. It would make the game more dynamic since a team isn't stuck forever waiting on a global timer giving the other side too much unchallenged time to plant/cap.