Too much Rail Not enough Sail

Synystar

Ugh, again another game thats ran off of rails, would of made a better single player game. I'm sorry but i'll be the percentage that says i'm sick of leveling/rail ran games like WoW,

I'd like a Open sandbox game much like pre-SWG; I've never been a combat oriented person, always loved being a straight up crafter owning a store and selling; this game has no economy what so ever, money is useless other than for skills. Yeah the game was well done, don't get me wrong, just not my genre.

And to say that Galaxies never had the subs, well i believe that to be incorrect; Walk into a cantina in the galaxy days and you would have 20+ players talking, dancing and getting buffed. This game what so ever doesn't feel like i'm creating my own destiny, just following one of the 8 destiny's that the Developer created. Yes, i've leveled both sides to 50, forcing myself to finish both was daunting, and when i hit 50 (Marauder/Commando), i was just another player with nothing to do thats new from 1-49. The only reason i ever played wow was in wait for a new sandbox game; well i guess i'll have to be jedi-patient for another...Even though my soul is sith >:)

Oh well though, i've got a baby on the way so i best focus on my child; Who knows maybe in 10+ years there will be another Sandbox game, and maybe my child can play it with me.

-1 sub bioware, i'm sure i'm not the first. Thanks for all my friends in the game for trying the content with me, Look me up or Join my IRC, As i'm working on a MMO Teaser Sandbox with Physics. I won't put my IRC on this forum, Send me a message!

Later SWTOR. May the force be with all who wield it. :wea_03:

perhaps a suggestion box concept, freemode NERF Hurding, idea is to build your own ranch on the wastelands (added areas on each planet). The more I hear of SWG sandbox the more i wish i owned a PC back then. I love the idea of running game freelly.. I guess its not to be.

Ive only recently bought a new top range gaming laptop.. so far ive tried..... RIFT, LOTRO, EVE, Black Prophercy and SWTOR. So far this game seems far the best Ive played so far and more fun to play. Guild Wars I do love and will return to later this year with its sequel.

More sandbox and freedom i agree is a must

Edited by SNEAKYSIX

No one cares, really, we don't, peace out dude.

btw, SWG was garbage.

SWG lacked in certain areas, sure. But where SWG excelled was in the social aspect. I'd really like to see TOR take some tips from SWG on social activities. It would give the game more life, no matter how you might play.

It's Great for its Genre Six; And it is too bad, You would have seen how social in a MMO is part of the key. I'd Direct you to the Emu, but there is hardly anyone who logs in (still in a Development state).

I was expecting a Bioware game (which I knew from the very beginning that would be Themed-Park) and having played plenty of Bioware games before and knowing their methods of storytelling I foresaw exactly what I paid for.

An awesome storyline with plenty of side quests implemented in a MMO environment.

Could it be better? Obviously. Then again, it's a MMORPG, which means it will keep on being fixed and improved with time. (Until there is no profit left to be made.)

Hello everyone,

We do appreciate when anyone has taken the time to express their thoughts and concerns. We will be closing this thread, as there is little room for constructive discussion. However, we do value any feedback and do encourage anyone to voice their feedback on the forums. We only ask that feedback focus on Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ itself, and that it is constructive and as detailed as possible.

We thank you for your time and your understanding that we've closed this thread.