[Panel Discussion] State of the Game (10:30AM CST)

So...I started the "Livestream" at 10:32cst and got nothing but a SWTOR logo and music...did the whole thing last 2min or did I get hosed by a crappy broken stream?

they skipped intros and did a presentation. after they they broke for a tour and lunch.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So...I started the "Livestream" at 10:32cst and got nothing but a SWTOR logo and music...did the whole thing last 2min or did I get hosed by a crappy broken stream?

It lasted about 20 minutes, and they will be back and 2PM CST.

Yeah, I noticed that. Guess live is only for those in attendance. :)

no, those in attendance are getting a tour right now and then taking a break for lunch. after that we'll get to watch the stream of the live panels when they return.

The UI customization options is probably what has me most excited at this point, even more so than the legacy system implementations...I dunno, the ability to customize my UI is far more important to me then any other new features for some reason.

Agreed it's the most important part of 1.2 for me also. The biggest disappointment in the game bugs aside was the UI, hopefully 1.2 will change that.

I do not approve of them stating that the State of the Game is all good. There is a severe lack of people on many of the servers even during primetime. This idea of 2 million subscribers makes me wonder if I misunderstood math during my days in school because having 100 or less online on the fleets straight through 17-22 PM every day makes me feel a bit sceptical.

These are numbers taken from the European Scepter of Ragnos server, Empire side.

Edited by Manidim

http://www.the-force.eu/news/340-update-guild-summit-livestream-patch-1-2-im-april-erwartet

last picture captured alot of what was on the screen for half a sec

New vehicles

Craftable Augments

New Crafting Schematics

Extractable Tier 2 Mods

New Lightsaber Colors

Ship Droids gain affection

Legacy Item Drops

There were like 4 others that weren't on the screeny, but still the majority

Wow i must say I never thought the legacy system was going to have that large an impact, imo its going to be a game changer that will make SWTOR stand out and compete with the upcoming MMOs! At the moment the stand out feature is the story but that isn't going to keep subs. Presuming the legacy abilities work/become available based on your other max level chars they will be giving real reason to max out multiple toons and allow your chars allot more customisation, moving away to some extent from cookie cutter builds and giving more unpredictability in pvp. Can't wait for more details later!

I didn't notice the cross-class skills, but if it was in there and I missed it, I just want to say it's a stupid idea and will ruin balance seen as the game wasn't built with it in mind...

chances are they wont be usable in pvp, my guess is they will require a companion or only be usable on strong or lower mobs like headshot

Here you go people wanting the preview

Saw the sith warrior using the flamethrower, then the bounty hunter using force grip afterwards, really hope this won't affect gameplay too much and is just a fun thing for weak mobs, we have enough buttons and balance is "mostly" ok as it is.

Edited by Hahkil

How do you define "a little while" in a game that's only 2 1/2 months old? I've been hearing April for at least 2 weeks now, which works out to about 15% of the game's entire live existence.

Remember, when you rush a product, or run out of good ideas, you get pandas.

I'd still take pandas over 1.2 being pushed back. Looks like I'll have to, sub runs out in March, WHEN WE WERE SUPPOSED TO GET 1.2.

Seriously, I saw a sith toon with a lightsaber using a BH flamethrower skill >.>

just rewatched it and you're correct. there was also a smuggler (or someone else with a blaster pistol) that used force choke.

Edited by iceperson

I'm scared of the cross-class skills :(

I hope they put some good regulation for it :( dun wanna run around seeing sorcs hide, juggs do insane DPS, etc. It's just gamebreaking IMO :(

Must have limitations I hope, otherwise inc every class being stealth and having the sorc shield

chances are they wont be usable in pvp, my guess is they will require a companion or only be usable on strong or lower mobs like headshot

I would have thought they would be more signature moves that can be balanced separately from a classes primary moves.

For example a bounty hunter who has inherited force lightning will be using a version that is weaker and balanced around being a legacy ability.

However by allowing for this sort of customisation imo they can fix many of the balance issues, if you feel your class needs more cc, inherit some, if you need a heal inherit one etc, they just need to make sure they are weaker versions so as to maintain balance and keep classes individual.

Edit:

I'd imagine there is only going to be a set ability that will be selectable based on your alt/s eg if you have a sorc your alts can chose to gain lightning, I dont think they will let you choose from all the abilities, hence they wont allow stealth etc to be abilities in the system. I cant see them breaking the game with it, there will be a small number of transferable skills to customise your char which can be balanced individually.

Edited by Denadanier