The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

[Panel Discussion] Operations and Flashpoints (2:00PM CST)

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Using another Class' skills will only be available while your Heroic Skill is active when a Companion is out. By nature this means those skills are not available in any meaningful Operations/Flashpoints, or an any meaningful PvP.

That's doing little beyond throwing me a bone. I don't want to see a Jedi in bounty hunter armor. I don't want to see scoundrels running around force choking anything. It's a stupid idea, and that was my only point. "Give everyone everything" is a development model that has screwed a lot of perfectly good games up.

Perhaps you aren't familiar with armor and the way they work, but most armor is tagged for each individual class/armor type. As well as they fact that you missed the point of the Skill mixing and how it actually is going to work. So again, skimming...

Again, that's all nice and I realize that, but when a member of the development team specifically says "if you want to be a Jedi and wear stormtrooper armor, you can" then your point kind of goes flaccid. You're talking about the state of things NOW. You're so sure that the graphic option won't be available at a light armor class when he JUST SAID the opposite? Really?

I didn't say mixing classes, I said using skills. Separation of skills is at the core of class design. The circumstances are irrelevant; you should not have access to skills from other classes. This has been tested and has caused incredible problems in MMOs long before SWTOR..

Again, you obviously haven't paid any attention to the information that was preesented.

The abilities will only be unlockable thorugh specific events, and as I said earlier, you cannot use them in PvP or in groups.... And, to add to that they are not skills from other trees. They are BRAND NEW 'power abilities'.

It will have ZERO effect on anybody other thant he trash mobs you kill while questing.

As for your argument against fashion crafting...

You will still want to wear armor types for your class, (light, med, heavy)... So what exactly is the problem with buying a orange piece you like off the GTM and throwing in some mods you can use? I see no issue with allowing people to look a bit different than others. Do you want to look identical to other people of your class?

I know people will disagree with me, but adding the LFG tool as single server is a bit of a mistake in my opinion. Eventually and inevitably they will have to expand it to a cross server system,

They have said many times that cross server will come, but far later.

That whole reverse engineering thing is what interests me right now, because I love crafting.

I hope they go into it at length later and have some good advancements...because crafting right now has serious problems and is not what they said it would be originally.

SWTOR is striving to build and preserve community, by limiting LFG tools to server only, however what of those servers that are absolutely dead, wherein peak fleet populations are lucky to hit 50 - these empty servers, having been on three of them thus far, strongly lack community, thereby removing the Massively in MMO. Where is the community there? I do think either server merges need to happen, or cross server LFG.

I know people will disagree with me, but adding the LFG tool as single server is a bit of a mistake in my opinion. Eventually and inevitably they will have to expand it to a cross server system,

Yeah, it's a pretty heated topic with staunch defenders on both sides. I am actually surprised Bioware are being steadfast on the single server option. Seems like the norm these days is to buckle to the cross server crowd and go that way.

SWTOR is striving to build and preserve community, by limiting LFG tools to server only, however what of those servers that are absolutely dead, wherein peak fleet populations are lucky to hit 50 - these empty servers, having been on three of them thus far, strongly lack community, thereby removing the Massively in MMO. Where is the community there? I do think either server merges need to happen, or cross server LFG.

Everyone keeps talking about "fleet populations", you do know there is a lot more places to go than the fleet?

Why don't they just rename Operations to Raid operations when even those who made them call them raids... :)

I think you have a very valid point. After a while, the desire to be original and make up new terminology and unnecessary "special terms" to replace well known existing ones just to prove you are different from an established system becomes an obstacle to clear communnications, rather than an expression of creativity.

One of the biggest lessons writers learn is not to create too many new vocabulary words for their readers to memorize, I think they devs are sort of forgetting that they're really making it harder to understand each other, not better and "personalized" for the game.

Assuming they implement a cross server LFG tool eventually, why can there not be an option to use the LFG tool for either cross server OR single server. Let the person playing decide...

Assuming they implement a cross server LFG tool eventually, why can there not be an option to use the LFG tool for either cross server OR single server. Let the person playing decide...

Great point. I like that idea.

I just dont understand, how you can you say that you dont want cross server PvE queuing (im talking FP and OP, there are obvious issues with quest queuing since that is being rolled up) because they want to focus on server community, but then believe in PvP cross server queuing..

I for one play 'Republic' Sorry :) Ive been playing the drinking game along with the pannel, and its a major disadvantage for PvE content since we are 1 to 6 on the server. If your going to open cross server pvp, then you should allow cross server pve for the same reasons...

Edited by TurdFurguson

I just dont understand, how you can you say that you dont want cross server PvE queuing (im taking FP and OP, there are obvious issues with quest queuing since that is being rolled up) because they want to focus on server community, but then believe in PvP cross server queuing..

I for one play Alliance, and its a major disadvantage for PvE content since we are 1 to 6 on the server. If your going to open cross server pvp, then you should allow cross server pve for the same reasons...

Republic! It's Republic! ;p