I am Lord Porkins, and I am an altoholic

LordPorkins

I have such a low attention span that I can't help making alts.

My current characters are:

Sniper level 17

Powertech level 14

Guardian level 11

Commando level 18

Vanguard level 20

Sage level 22

Smuggler level 9

I am thinking of doing a marauder or assassin next...

I tend to play one character for few nights then change to something else for variety...

What's wrong with me?

an inability to make decisions while seeking others help and approval would lend itself to saying you have "dependent personality disorder".

however since i am not a medical professional i would be required to say you should visit your nearest mental health clinic for a proper diagnosis.

I have such a low attention span that I can't help making alts.

My current characters are:

Sniper level 17

Powertech level 14

Guardian level 11

Commando level 18

Vanguard level 20

Sage level 22

Smuggler level 9

I am thinking of doing a marauder or assassin next...

I tend to play one character for few nights then change to something else for variety...

What's wrong with me?

Until you hit the character limit, you cannot really claim a problem :)

Last night, I had to delete a character so that I could roll a new alt :(

I am not quite as bad, as I have a level 45 Assassin, Level 18 Sniper and a Level 18 merc; then a level 4 Sith Warrior. lol

Thing is, I want to see all the stories and I have fun in the sub-50 warzones. The assassin has seen most the side quests on the empire side; though thats not to say I am that concerned with those. Is it really that bad if I am having fun?

I actually intend to eventually do the republic side for the stories and the alternative advanced class mirrors of the ones I didn't take so far.

Low levels are more immediately gratifying, levels come faster, the class is new and you're playing in a starting area bult around your class. For some people the 30 to 40 grind is such a lull, however you'll get used to it and the 40 - 50 leveling is epic if you decide you want to try it.

Its a game though, you play how you want to play.

As a person who successfully kicked the altism habit prior to the ToR release, I must say it requires support from friends. For example, have your friend berate you any time you talk about another class other than the one you chose first. If you create an alt, have them make sarcastic remarks to you about hitting 50 on your other character.

Also, stay away from forums as much as possible. One random phrase "xyz class is OP" may cause you to roll another alt.

Hope this is helpful ;):D

Currently I have two 50's and a level 11 I just started.

Edited by nufanvandal

As a person who successfully kicked the altism habit prior to the ToR release, I must say it requires support from friends. For example, have your friend berate you any time you talk about another class other than the one you chose first. If you create an alt, have them make sarcastic remarks to you about hitting 50 on your other character.

Also, stay away from forums as much as possible. One random phrase "xyz class is OP" may cause you to roll another alt.Hope this is helpful ;):D

Currently I have two 50's and a level 11 I just started.

:D

That could explain it; as I think I have seen where every AC is OP save for 1 or 2.

I actually just like the variety. A sniper plays a lot differently than an Assassin and that has been the main pull away from getting my assassin all the way to 50.

Edited by Technohic

Sir, you are not an altoholic. You simply lack dedication to lvl past the 'it gets harder' line.

An altoholic is someone like me, who has 6 lvl 50 and lvling a 7th currently lvl 27.

When does it "get harder?" lol I got a 45 and things have pretty much stayed the same throughout. Maybe that fresh level 50 PvP? Now that I can believe would be a pain when you are under-geared.

Sir, you are not an altoholic. You simply lack dedication to lvl past the 'it gets harder' line.

An altoholic is someone like me, who has 6 lvl 50 and lvling a 7th currently lvl 27.

No. You are an "althead". You satisfy your addiction in an "althouse". Get some help man, before it's too late.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.