Do you fear an Operative?

Alphashado

On my Commando in the 50 bracket, yes...Assault stands a chance but that class' weakness is definitely vs Stealth burst DPS. I said assault stands a chance because of the buff reactive shield gets through that spec.

On my new Shadow? No, not at all. I would assume Gunslingers/Commandos are the ones that fear Operatives while the rest don't. Sage shouldn't because they get some quality CC/more skills to kite.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm totally serious.

Reasons why scoundrel is better :

1. When we kick you in the balls there is a chance that it hurt so much you get knocked on the ground making it an even worst stun as you are "rooted" for about 0.5 after the stun before you can start moving around when knocked on the ground. (That is not a joke.)

2. Story is better and the scoundrel giggle all the time when he receive upper hand (Buff required to use some abilities)

3. Shotguns.

4. A wookie. A freakin' wookie!!!

5. A kick *** ship.

6. Credits.

7. You can hide in your Freighter Fly-by fire.

And the most important... you have plenty of food on ilum.

Pssshh, I'll take my Imperial X-70b stealth fighter over that piece of junk any day. And you keep your shotguns... Operatives play with knives.

That's right, as an Operative I bring a knife to a blaster fight and still kick everybody's a**! LOL

On my Commando in the 50 bracket, yes...Assault stands a chance but that class' weakness is definitely vs Stealth burst DPS. I said assault stands a chance because of the buff reactive shield gets through that spec.

On my new Shadow? No, not at all. I would assume Gunslingers/Commandos are the ones that fear Operatives while the rest don't. Sage shouldn't because they get some quality CC/more skills to kite.

Sage should absolutely fear my Operative. We get as much CC as they do, plus a 12 second cooldown interrupt that cuts right through resolve, and a 9 second cooldown slow called Sever Tendon, which becomes a root halfway down the Concealment tree.

No, as a Sage/Sorc Operative/Scoundrel is you worst enemy.

This is an honest question. Mine is lvl 34. W/O Hidden Strike and Acid Blade I am really struggling. Huttball just makes me want to puke. Question is... Should I stick it out? Is it worth it post nerf?

Endgame...Do you fear/respect the Operative

Personally I fear not having them. Heals are insanely rare.

I don't fear any class, they are balanced imo. Its certain players who can give me a run for my money; the problem is with underpopulated servers and thus such small pvp communities a small number of good <insert class here> on a server can give the false impression that the class is OP. For every claimed OP class being whined about on the forums I see plenty of tools that i can steamroll who play them, I dont think its necessarily because the majority of players are useless (I like to have some faith), its because a minority are mastering their class and showing what it can do.

Play what you find fun, master it, then people will fear you... :p

Edited by Denadanier

Why would you ever wait to use backstab in pvp? You should be using backstab right away because it's your strongest move out of stealth and you want it to cooldown again as soon as possible and it costs no energy. In pvp, chances are you are getting CC'd right after they get up from the knockdown or stun, so if you wait, you lose out on using it twice.

Since the rather, IMO, excessive OP/Smuggler nerf I am only ever worried if I have 2 attacking me. If they chain their stuns and interrupts with their burst dps I'll generally die. Which is fine, as a healer I am supposed to lose against two equal dps.

If memory serves this has only happened to me in 1 game in Voidstar.

Edited by Grimleach

This is an honest question. Mine is lvl 34. W/O Hidden Strike and Acid Blade I am really struggling. Huttball just makes me want to puke. Question is... Should I stick it out? Is it worth it post nerf?

Operatives in the 10-49 bracket are still very powerfull and there are enough targets who wont survive an attack, loosing a lot of hp with the first openers.

You need to wait for at least lvl 36, the fun starts with your opener and with your acid

Operatives still **** me without my cc breaker. Otherwise, I can generally win.

not sure if that's a good balance

sounds fair at first...cc wins cc, but a fight should demand more than just break a cc and faceroll.

Edited by BobaFurz

Players that are sub 50 shouldn't even comment in this thread.

And people who actually dont even read what is the toppic about shouldnt either...its about a lvl 34 player....

Edited by BobaFurz

And people who actually dont even read what is the toppic about shouldnt either...its about a lvl 34 player....

If you think this game is balanced around the 10-49 bracket....well I don't need to say anything more.

His original question is: Endgame...Do you fear/respect the Operative

So you commenting on peoples reading skills when you yourself can't read.......good stuff. Noob.

Edited by _Morholt_

If you think this game is balanced around the 10-49 bracket....well I don't need to say anything more.

And if you think that the major game content from lvl 1-49 doesnt play a role ..nothing more to say, right. I did give him a hint for his lvl range and you did just say shuddup. who is the noob here.

Edited by BobaFurz

Yes, I fear Ops and Assassins. I play a healer Sage, and I generally stand in the back, meaning I am somewhat isolated from teammates so that I draw less attention to myself. However, if an Op finds me, I am usually in trouble, since they will hunt me every time I spawn. The Sage's self healing is only good if they can sit still, which isn't always the best idea against Ops.

And if you think that the major game content from lvl 1-49 doesnt play a role ..nothing more to say, right. I did give him a hint for his lvl range and you did just say shuddup. who is the noob here.

He asked about endgame, NOT level 34. Just because you can't read....now yer backpeddaling. You should really stop talking.

He asked about endgame, NOT level 34. Just because you can't read....now yer backpeddaling. You should really stop talking.

Iam not backpedalling, I said read whats the toppic about. Its about a lvl 34 and I did comment on his lvl. Doesnt mean if I did answer to endgame or not. You should better learn to discuss in a more friendly tone.

Edited by BobaFurz

I play an operative valor 61, and I've recently swapped out the champ armor mods/enhance to crit and surge ones, having switched over from medic (power heavy) to concealment a couple of weeks ago. I have the usual biochem 400 toys. I still haven't hit for over 5k yet, but I swing for the fences with the amount of 3-4.5's I get in a typical clickied-opener.

And, much to my surprise, Huttball is fun again. Nope, we don't bring any utility to the table. Yup, in a world of sprints, charges, knockbacks, grapple, pulls, and leaps we are missing a little extra shiny stuff. I'm finally ok with that, now that I've given up on personally accomplishing the objective and switched to denying them the same. You can almost smell the bitter salty pre-made tears as you take out the weakest links in their pass chains :D

I've recently decided to make it my job to patrol our catwalk and theirs in stealth to melt single med/light armors, assassinate the huttball carrier on the fire traps, and pick low health targets in the middle for either sniping or a hop-down-stealth-kill. Or I just mess with the sorcs/dot the crazy dual-wielding stealth jedi's to keep 'em visible. I really can't stand to miss the opportunity to mess with those two classes in particular.

I will pick on snipers just because, and I will pick on heavies when we're winning.

There is nothing not fun about this, except that WZ are kind of repetitive and Broken Ilum is still quite broken as an open-world PvP concept.

Everything else being equal, operatives/smugs are THE fastest ticket to the medcenter. If you find yourself the lowest one on health in a group, or have wandered too far from support...expect us, whether you fear or or not!

Edited by OldSwab

Iam not backpedalling, I said read whats the toppic about. Its about a lvl 34 and I did comment on his lvl. Doesnt mean if I did answer to endgame or not. You should better learn to discuss in a more friendly tone.

Really...because when he asks about 'endgame', I assume he's talking about level 50.....

you must think endgame is level 34..

ps you trolled in here with your learn to read comment when you yourself need that advice here pal.

Really...because when he asks about 'endgame', I assume he's talking about level 50.....

you must think endgame is level 34..

ps you trolled in here with your learn to read comment when you yourself need that advice here pal.

Listen, I dont want to discuss something for nothing, but I give you the advice to be more tolerant in a discussion and to think about what other want to talk about. Its my decision what I answer to him and not yours. You said more or less shuddup, only lvl 50ies should answer this was your own troll answer. You dont even recognize that I answered to his lvl range. I know what endgame means, but I didnt answer to endgame I did answer to his lvl....Hope you understand now and we can close this case. Thank you sir.

Edited by BobaFurz

A skilled one yes, but so many bad players like it just for the stealth I guess lol

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.