The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Meh no point of levelling to 50 i'm going to stop at 49

caultonpos

Might as well enjoy the lowbie warzones, fewer people leave, the battles are more competitive and i can laugh at level 10s trying to run away.

I would level to 50 but there is no world pvp just warzones where people leaving is an epidemic.

There will be no world pvp as far as I can see until guild wars comes out.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

another person has discovered the best kept secret of tor......avoid 50

when you get to 49 just stop getting the dailies and leave the wz's just before they end, and you'll be a 49 twink forever.......well unless you're like me and accidentally forget to keep leaving the wz's :(

i accidently dinged 50 on the weekend, time to unsub now though because this is my third 50 now and i can't be bothered any more.

Edited by Evuke

You must also realize that "the battles are more competitive" is the biggest joke ever, right?

a level 10 with bolster has more of a chance of killing a level 49 than a new level 50 has of killing another 50 in full bm gear.

better to be the king of lowbies than pre-made basement nerd canon fodder.

Edited by Evuke

a level 10 with bolster has more of a chance of killing a level 49 than a new level 50 has of killing another 50 in full bm gear.

QQ getting PvP gear takes too long QQ QQ

Please quit the game, the gearing process has been beaten down to a very short point.

Edited by CupieFoxtail

more competitive? I don't think competitive means destroying anyone below level 40 because you're 49.

50 PVP will always be more balanced and competitive, no matter how much you rage over people leaving.

Maybe if people who queue for warzones would actually do the objective rather than treat it like a team death match, people wouldn't leave.

I know it's a hard concept to understand but people aren't leaving because it's a cool hip thing to do, they're leaving because their team doesn't play the warzone like it's meant to be played or they don't want to be farmed by the 2 battlemaster premades they queued into who just farm kills for valor.

No they don't. There is a world of difference from having 40 talent points compared to only 1 talent point, as well as more skills to use and higher trained skills.

Yeah, keeping telling yourself that and maybe people will believe it. A level 10 player doesn't even have sprint yet much less most of their combat attacks, CC, or interupts.

A level 10 who can take a level 49 out 1 vs 1 even with bolster either is a god in PVP or is facing one of the worse level 49 pvpers in the history of the MMOs.

You may like seeing lowbies on the opposing team, but I assure you your team mates don't want to see those same lowbies playing on your side.

I was on the slow end to grinding up to level 50, and when I entered the 50's bracket it was getting facerolled a large number of times.

I have fairly casually gotten full cent with some champion gear in a few weeks, and it has gotten a ton better.

I used to think that staying in the 10-49 bracket meant you wanted it to be more balanced, but I now think it's just an easy way to sit at the top of a bracket. As the OP says it is fun to gank level 10s, while probably thinks it is bad that he or she can be ganked by someone in BM.

I do not like people leaving warzones, and you get more pre-mades you pug against in the 50's bracket, but with leaving penalties and rated warzones I think that would end those problems.

All and all, yes, it is fun being a big fish in a little pond.

Nope, I'm retorting to your complaints in a direct fashion

If you think the incredibly short time it takes to gear now is too long, subscription based MMO's just aren't for you

believe it or not in real pvp games the pvp is not about gear, it's about skill, you're obviously a WoW player.

Yeah, keeping telling yourself that and maybe people will believe it. A level 10 player doesn't even have sprint yet much less most of their combat attacks, CC, or interupts.

A level 10 who can take a level 49 out 1 vs 1 even with bolster either is a god in PVP or is facing one of the worse level 49 pvpers in the history of the MMOs.

You may like seeing lowbies on the opposing team, but I assure you your team mates don't want to see those same lowbies playing on your side.

You obviously dont get what he means. Below lvl 50, every 1 has b stats equivalent to lvl 49. Sure you may start with less talents but are able to put out enough dmg to matter, where if you joined at 50 and ur in starter gear you have 0 chances of a 1v1 win vs a full BM geared player unless he is afk.

Uh, if you just built up one character instead of leveling THREE 50s you'd have decent gear by now. What did you expect? You kept putting off the gear grind that everyone went through and now you have nothing. Oh well.

Might as well enjoy the lowbie warzones, fewer people leave, the battles are more competitive and i can laugh at level 10s trying to run away.

I would level to 50 but there is no world pvp just warzones where people leaving is an epidemic.

There will be no world pvp as far as I can see until guild wars comes out.

The battles are more competitive.... because I can laugh as I gank lowbies that I've got a massive advantage over?

:confused:

For all of you 49ers who are doing everything you can to stay in the kiddie pool (under 50 warzones) I can't help call you all nothing more than hypocrites.

Why?

Because you have the very advantage over the lower level players that you are too scared to face off against. Hit one more level and you are no longer the top dogs of your level bracket. You are instead the lowbies again.

And the really sad part of all this?

It only takes a few weeks to get your gear. Even without winning warzones you can still earn bags. It takes no time at all to earn 200 merc and warzone commendations in warzones. Even if you don't win a single game and never step foot on Ilum there is absolutely no reason that you can't be in full champ / centurion gear in two weeks.

And if you do go to Ilum and complete your weekly quests ... that is 6 bags a week. Three bags for the kill weekly quest and 3 bags for winning 9 warzones. And that is not even counting the daily quests.

If you will just have the courage to get out of the kiddie pool, you will discover that you can be drowning in bags with just a little effort on your part.

If you are now just hitting level 49 on your first character ... well the game has been out for almost 3 months now. 2 weeks to get your gear is nothing compared to the long drawn out delay you have taken to get to 50.

And even without PVP, there is still the PVE content. HM and Operations that you can't do unless you hit 50. By avoiding the PVP end game you are also keeping the door closed on the PVE content as well.

So you are in reality doing nothing more than paying $15 a month to play a few warzones you aren't even finishing for fear of reaching the next stage in the game.

And that people is just plan sad.

Uh, if you just built up one character instead of leveling THREE 50s you'd have decent gear by now. What did you expect? You kept putting off the gear grind that everyone went through and now you have nothing. Oh well.

i didn't put off anything, my first 50 from early access is almost in full bm gear (have a couple of bits of rakata) within 3 weeks of launch.

but i still played my lowbie alts more because the 10-49 bracket was more fun for me because:

- less pre-mades in the 10-49 bracket

- FAR less wz quitters in the 10-49 bracket

- less "experts" raging in /ops in the 10-49 bracket

- less people grinding dailies/gear/medals in the 10-49 bracket so it's more fun.

- you don't have to deal with ilum in the 10-49 bracket

- at 10-49 because you don't have to worry about grinding gear, you can just enjoying the matches.

Edited by Evuke

You obviously dont get what he means. Below lvl 50, every 1 has b stats equivalent to lvl 49. Sure you may start with less talents but are able to put out enough dmg to matter, where if you joined at 50 and ur in starter gear you have 0 chances of a 1v1 win vs a full BM geared player unless he is afk.
Level 10s have very few abilities, no talents, and are missing a few equipment pieces. You're only fooling yourself if you think a level 10 is anywhere near close to level ground with a level 49.

The ONLY reason level 10s can put up any kind of fight is because the 10-49 bracket is filled with bad PvPers and anyone can faceroll their character to the top of the leaderboard.

I've played a lot of both. While I'm not a fan of the grind at 50, anyone would realize the 50 bracket is far more competitive unless you're living in denial.