sorcs

wwkingms

no one has a problem with the dps sorcs its the hybrid builds that give them entirely too much utility.

I have not seen one person in this thread say sorcs do too much damage its that some builds allow sorcs to do everything and do it well.

^^^^ this

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No one has a problem with the DPS sorcs its the hybrid builds that give them entirely too much utility.

I have not seen one person in this thread say sorcs do too much damage its that some builds allow sorcs to do EVERYTHING and do it well.

Yep....

They need to break up the hybrid spec, change some talent placement, and then buff the skills in the DPS tree.

Edited by savionen

The problem is the hybrid spec being able to heal and damage while having complete mobility and crowd control.

The nerfed Shadow hybrid, they need to nerf sorc hybrid.

you, and players like you, have no clue at all. none. nada.

when sorcerers and sages are forced to move they lose out on most of their meaningful damage and heals. a focused enemy with half a brain will take them down most of the time.

sages and sorcerers shine when left unchecked or protected by teammates.

again, you have no clue what you are talking about.

Yeah, sorcs are pretty awful 1v1- they are also amazing in groups though. Their main power comes from if they stand still, they can dish out damage/healing like nobody else. If they have to move though, they become worthless, squishy and easy to kill.- whereas most other classes can shine while chasing and still be dishing out high damage.

If someone decides to nerf their group, they'll need some huge buffs to make them decent 1v1. If you're losing to a sorc 1v1, you're a terrible player.

Edited by fungihoujo

Yeah no. Operatives are by far the easiest. Sorcs and Mercs are about equal, but for different reasons.

operatives are the strongest healer when guarded because of their ability to double surgical probe when under 30% (ie execute range, or triple if its both you and the guarder) and their rolling hots make covering the damage on the tank a lot easier to cover...

A sorcs mobility is greatly limited when relying on guard, which is why they're the easiest guarded healer to deal with, basically they get to use force speed every 20-30 seconds, but have to stay within 15 yards of the tank guarding them.....heck the best use of force speed is often to run back to the tank if cc'd.

It's not like they have decent mobile healing, the only class that can heal even half way mediocre whilst moving (but still not well) is an operative.

Edited by Adzzy

again, you have no clue what you are talking about.

I had this whole post I was going to type pointing out everything you are wrong about, then I looked at your name and said why waste my time.

If you don't want a sorc hybrid nerf to happen, fine just give every other class the pvp tool box that hybrid sorcs have and we can just rename this game to CC Wars

i had this whole post i was going to type pointing out everything you are wrong about, then i looked at your name and said why waste my time.

If you don't want a sorc hybrid nerf to happen, fine just give every other class the pvp tool box that hybrid sorcs have and we can just rename this game to cc wars

+1 :D

1st of all... /drink

An other sorc's thread.

2) Due to low HP, armor and single target DPS, sorcs need the utilities to survive thru kiting.

2a) Only one breaker every 2 mins.

2b) Sorc's resolve is so broken, it's not even funny. Ya can get pulled, stunned, then ya use your breaker and stunned again all w/ in 1 secs. Dead w/ in 2 secs.

3) DPS hybrid specs w/ high utility are the only viable specs past lvl 49.

If you can't beat any class in a 1v1 then this is simply a l2p issue.

As 31 pt madness I can beat just about any class bar assassins in a 1v1, and as 20/21 hybrid I can beat just about any class besides assassins, pts, and maras.

Edited by Aidank

lol at people talking about sooo many people playing this class. This is an mmo and sorcs are the only obviously mage class in this game. Usually there are several in games (including clerics). Sorcs started out popular for this reason. Many people played it for this reason. Also, rogues are often the most popular class in mmo's and the inquis class has a sin spec that uses a glowstick (in star wars game!). Even if sorcs/sins were HORRIBLE in this game many people would be playing them right now.

This is not saying they are UP or OP it is just saying that is not a reason to claim OP.

1st of all... /drink

An other sorc's thread.

2) Due to low HP, armor and single target DPS, sorcs need the utilities to survive thru kiting.

2a) Only one breaker every 2 mins.

2b) Sorc's resolve is so broken, it's not even funny. Ya can get pulled, stunned, then ya use your breaker and stunned again all w/ in 1 secs. Dead w/ in 2 secs.

3) DPS hybrid specs w/ high utility are the only viable specs past lvl 49.

Sorcs don't have low HP, unless you're comparing them to tanks.

Sorc armor is only a few percent lower than other non-tank classes when you factor armor penetration.

Sorc resolve isnt any different than other classes.

Edited by savionen

Sorcs don't have low HP, unless you're comparing them to tanks.

Sorc armor is only a few percent lower than other non-tank classes when you factor armor penetration.

Sorc resolve isnt any different than other classes.

Well, despite that fact to sentinels they are still delicious snacks the second they are caught without the rest of their team giving constant support.

OM NOM NOM!

lol at people talking about sooo many people playing this class. This is an mmo and sorcs are the only obviously mage class in this game. Usually there are several in games (including clerics). Sorcs started out popular for this reason. Many people played it for this reason. Also, rogues are often the most popular class in mmo's and the inquis class has a sin spec that uses a glowstick (in star wars game!). Even if sorcs/sins were HORRIBLE in this game many people would be playing them right now.

This is not saying they are UP or OP it is just saying that is not a reason to claim OP.

Except, on my server at least, there aren't anywhere near as many assassins as there are sorcerers.

No. I'd say your partially correct. I would wager about 60% of Sorcs, really wanted to play a caster, and 40% of them are FOTM Arena WoW kids, playing the FOTM.

I had this whole post I was going to type pointing out everything you are wrong about, then I looked at your name and said why waste my time.

If you don't want a sorc hybrid nerf to happen, fine just give every other class the pvp tool box that hybrid sorcs have and we can just rename this game to CC Wars

type it out, let's see what you got.

gl