The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Anyone else disappointed that there are no cross-server rated warzones in 1.2?

kyube

My guild was really looking forward to rated wz’s. We run warzones together, but facing pugs again and again is not that entertaining. Occasionally we get another premade and things get spiced up a bit, but those matches are few and far between. That’s why we really looked forward to 1.2 since we would be able to play against other full premades on a regular basis.

However in a recent interview with Gabe Amatangelo it was announced that phase one of the ranked warzones was local server only and cross-server would only be possible in the future. This news disappointed us since in the best case scenario(where you can queue up solo for ranked wz’s) nothing changes with the situation today. Maybe you can get a new pvp set, but I’am not pvp’ing to get the latest pvp gear. The worst case scenario means that we have to put up with big queue times or decide with the other four-five pvp groups when to queue up so we can actually run rated wz’s. This would be an extra hurdle to enjoy the game and I’am afraid that the hurdle might be too high.

We can put up with even the worst case scenario but an ETA on phase 2 would be appreciated.

Cross server queuing kills server community. I wish it were never coming.

Not if it's only for ranked wz, you can't have real competition on one server since the population of good pvpers is so small. You really need it for ranked, but same sever pvp can still be kept to unranked.

Not if it's only for ranked wz, you can't have real competition on one server since the population of good pvpers is so small. You really need it for ranked, but same sever pvp can still be kept to unranked.

Speak for yourself. My server has 4 or 5 premades rolling at a time. Cross queues might not be so bad since they limit it to a select group of servers (i think?) but the single server community will still take a hit.

Speak for yourself. My server has 4 or 5 premades rolling at a time. Cross queues might not be so bad since they limit it to a select group of servers (i think?) but the single server community will still take a hit.

4 or 5 premades is nothing if you want ranking to mean anything.

X-server PvP means my chars deleted and account cancelled. PvP Community on my server is great and i dont want random selfish scrubs, who perhaps i wont see anymore and will assuradly ruin my WZ.

X-server PvP means my chars deleted and account cancelled. PvP Community on my server is great and i dont want random selfish scrubs, who perhaps i wont see anymore and will assuradly ruin my WZ.

Bye and take your crayons with you.

As mentioned earlier 5 premades is barely worth mentioning. In the end you have to battle each other ad naseam and you risk the chance of having horrible queue times in the mean time. Ofcourse ranking barely means anything with so few competitors.

Also the people who mention random scrubs screwing up their wz. The only comparison we currently have to ranked wz's is WoW. As far as i know you could only run rated battlegrounds when you queue'd up with your own full bg team, no random scrubs what so ever. Ofcourse if solo will be possible then you could indeed be teamed up with ä 10k hp "scrub", but that's not any different then now.

Ofcourse the pvp communty takes a hit, but you could easily lessen the blow by only making ranked cross server and let unranked be local. In the end it's comming and an it's anticipated feature for some, why no more precise eta then "future"

No, because they have enough issues to fix with WZs before they start adding more. Give them time to get them running correctly and deal with the current complaints, then we can revisit cross server discussions.

I don't understand how they're going to pull this off. The queues are going to be ridiculous on most servers. Even if solo players can queue, after they get beat down a few times by full 8 man premades, they won't. And if they aren't going to allow full 8 man premades, why bother with a rating? Or a separate queue, for that matter, they might as well just tack it onto the current one.

Having the ability to compete with other servers will be a good thing for queue times. Rift did a pretty good job of this. It's better than hitting Hutt ball over and over during times of side imbalance.

Tell that to the SAME 18 guys in every single War Zone and Ilum I have to fight when they have BM gear and I am still in Centenarian.

Believe me it is NO FUN to just live for 10 seconds every time you cast a single heal.

It is unfair to me as they know my weakness and exactly what to do.

You could not in any way describe this as a fair fight. They are like the School bullies.

Speaking entirely from experience regarding people on my server, this game this worst community I've encountered in an MMO.

Just delete now then since its coming like it or not.Beside game will gain 10 players extra for everyone that quit over that so please go ahead now:)

Dont worry ill be around until that nightmare comes true. Its been 11 years watching MMOs going downhill and it may be a good time to quit for good

Having no cross server kills the game however.

Many servers are dead already, and even on the highest popped ones, it's basically a joke getting a match at off hours, while at regular hours finding ALWAYS the same 20-30 people is ... depressing.

Personally i'm not resubbing until cross server (and possibly dungeon tool) are implemented in game, and all my friends who have already quit aren't coming back until that happens either.

This game had/has alot of potential but the dev team is really terrible at prioritizing what's really important..

Edited by Maltra

Speaking entirely from experience regarding people on my server, this game this worst community I've encountered in an MMO.

Segregating everyone onto planets was the stupidest *********** idea ever.

People cant get to know each other on a single channel that crosses the faction.

They cant tell 50s that tatooine has invaders in their end zone.

They cant pull together groups that have people spread across planets, logged onto alts etc.

It really shows that Bioware does not have a clue how to create a good MMO.