Great story. Boring game.

Ashthra

I thought I'd just leave this here on the way out. :)

You know, I love the storyline of the Trooper so far, but the interest of the story only heightens how boring the standard MMO combat is. I can tolerate it in other MMOs like WoW/Rift/Aion/Warhammer/etc. because:

1) Their stories are the type of generic MMO fare I'm used to, so the storytelling doesn't stick out,

2) Splitting up your regular mob into three or four 'weak' mobs, believe it or not, DOESN'T make it more interesting (or any easier on the wrist).

Moreover, my list of complaints are, in no particular order:

- Lack of music in many questing areas makes it feel dull and uninteresting,

- Reskinning the same two models for every race feels lazy (even though it may not be, it feels that way),

- An utter lack of macroing (or click/mouseover casting functionality) makes combat, and in particular, healing, an absolute nightmare,

- No account-bound keybinding makes rerolling bothersome for altaholics like myself (I didn't even bother making more than three due to how irritating it was to set up my custom keybinds),

- Not enough action bars for the skills I have available,

- The world zones, in spite of being large, feel very small and don't promote any kind of exploration,

- Why in God's name is all the water knee high?

- Tying the best gear rewards to people who have the highest Light/Dark side points removes the element of choice in the 'moral choice' style of gameplay. Add a 'Black Market' NPC with gear that's of same value as the Light/Dark side vendors (thus allowing the Light/Dark side stuff to be more or less cosmetic and for pseudo-bragging rights),

- Targeting can be wonky as hell, sometimes,

- The game, aside from the story elements, is WoW doing a Jedi mind trick, and as such, there's no reason to actually play it, aside for the story (which I can get with reasonable accuracy from YouTube videos).

You guys had a really good idea, but a game like this just won't work with the normal MMO formula, because it doesn't add anything that hasn't already been done better a hundred times before. Sorry.

Edited by Ashthra

You guys had a really good idea, but a game like this just won't work with the normal MMO formula, because it doesn't add anything that hasn't already been done better a hundred times before. Sorry.

I am tired of the notion that any new MMO that comes out needs to change the face of the industry. There is nothing wrong with putting your own spin on a tried and true formula. Bioware has done this in my opinion. While it may not be your cup of tea, I rather enjoy it myself.

Good luck in your hunt for the perfect game.

I thought I'd just leave this here on the way out. :)

You know, I love the storyline of the Trooper so far, but the interest of the story only heightens how boring the standard MMO combat is. I can tolerate it in other MMOs like WoW/Rift/Aion/Warhammer/etc. because:

1) Their stories are the type of generic MMO fare I'm used to, so the storytelling doesn't stick out,

2) Splitting up your regular mob into three or four 'weak' mobs, believe it or not, DOESN'T make it more interesting (or any easier on the wrist).

Moreover, my list of complaints are, in no particular order:

- Lack of music in many questing areas makes it feel dull and uninteresting,

- Reskinning the same two models for every race feels lazy (even though it may not be, it feels that way),

- An utter lack of macroing (or click/mouseover casting functionality) makes combat, and in particular, healing, an absolute nightmare,

- No account-bound keybinding makes rerolling bothersome for altaholics like myself (I didn't even bother making more than three due to how irritating it was to set up my custom keybinds),

- Not enough action bars for the skills I have available,

- The world zones, in spite of being large, feel very small and don't promote any kind of exploration,

- Why in God's name is all the water knee high?

- Tying the best gear rewards to people who have the highest Light/Dark side points removes the element of choice in the 'moral choice' style of gameplay. Add a 'Black Market' NPC with gear that's of same value as the Light/Dark side vendors (thus allowing the Light/Dark side stuff to be more or less cosmetic and for pseudo-bragging rights),

- Targeting can be wonky as hell, sometimes,

- The game, aside from the story elements, is WoW doing a Jedi mind trick, and as such, there's no reason to actually play it, aside for the story (which I can get with reasonable accuracy from YouTube videos).

I'm still waiting for the stuff in your list that shows boredom.

I disagree with this assesment in totality.

The items that the poster considers game breaking, to me, are meaningless nitpicking that have no impact on the enjoyment of the game. They seem to matter to a select few that live and die upon minute, insignificant details.

The remainder, such as action bars, modifying the UI, are additions that will be comming as the game begins to advance beyond its first steps. These, more then deep water with no apparent use, will enhance game play and I'd rather resources be dedicated to them.

As the developers have stated, MMORPGs are more like living breathing worlds rather then stagnant games sold and marketed as is. For those of us that acually read up on the game, follow the blogs and statements by the developers, the holds great promise.

Personally, I'm looking foreward to this game, being part of it, over the next 5 to 10 years as it grows, expands, developes.

Was the 88 page topic two posts below yours on how boring the game is not enough?

Good luck seeking the mystical MMO. If you find it, tell Santa and the Easter Bunny that I'd like a Red Ryder BB Gun and some Cadbury Eggs, respectively.

Edited by Zannis

I just cancelled.....best feeling ever. I wanted to like the game but its so lifeless. The sound, the worlds. Their trailers even spell the game out for us,,,,,Hope, Deceived,....lol

I'm so moved by your post. I'm going to use the toilet. Thanks.

I am tired of the notion that any new MMO that comes out needs to change the face of the industry. There is nothing wrong with putting your own spin on a tried and true formula. Bioware has done this in my opinion. While it may not be your cup of tea, I rather enjoy it myself.

Good luck in your hunt for the perfect game.

Your right theres nothing wrong with it but I think you'll find many long time Wow players were looking for something different & innovative, apart from VO.

Having said that it's a great game but I do understand where OP is coming from.

That must be why every single type of soap I see is Dial. Wait a minute....

Hello everyone,

While we do appreciate anyone who takes the time to compile constructive feedback for us, we're closing this thread, as we do have a forum for suggestions and many subforums for specific topics. Don't forget that you can also use the In-Game Customer Service Portal to report any issues you encounter!

If you have a specific suggestion or individual piece of feedback, we encourage you to post in the Suggestion Box forum or to make a thread regarding your issue in the relevant subforum.

Thank you!