Im a the only one not happy with the DoT change?

boobaffet

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

im not happy about it .. because it means it will be even harder to win on my ridiculously imbalanced server .. but it's necessary for ranked pvp. without the change, he who caps first wins. the other 15 mins are meaningless.

Anyone with a short CD long duration DoT could easily defend a side turret indefinitely in Alderaan in the absence of a purger (almost always, just 'cause no one thinks about it). This is a good change.

It was too easy cause too many people dont know how to use ''purge'' and such

Since they realise the overall IQ of the community is gradually getting lower, they are compensating as such. Continually nerfing will be the main course every month, till the game will resemble a first person shooter with sabers and spells.

Just less and less reasons to play this game.

Edited by RobyBaggio

It was too easy cause too many people dont know how to use ''purge'' and such

Everyone has purge! And I say that as a tank spec with a spammable (25 heat, but doable) 18 second dot.

Edited by QiBao

Do you honestly think it was reasonable that some classes were stuck with 18s dots and could do nothing about it? I mean really, 18s for your team to react on DEFENSE when you are clearly outnumbered? It was impossible to win against a good team once the other team had 2 turrets. Edited by Rogmar

snipers don't have purge... :rolleyes:

my orbital strike doesn't keep ticking after i die

my rifle doesn't keep shooting people after i die

yet dots still tick for damage after death... (i'm ok with that)

the change is good, be glad they didn't nerf dots to be equal with the rest of us...

Since they realise the overall IQ of the community is gradually getting lower, they are compensating as such. Continually nerfing will be the main course every month, till the game will resemble a first person shooter with sabers and spells.

Just less and less reasons to play this game.

What magical game are you playing where every AC has the appropriate purge?

Oh yeah, that's right. You are just talking to talk. Good job fellow citizen of SWTOR.

Your not the only one but not sure why suicide dotting is considered a valid tactic from the dev perspective and I guess it's not.

WOW never had it, and I assume for the same reason.

You can't really compare it to WoW. In WoW, nodes went through a neutral period before switching flags, giving the defenders time to recap it. That's not the case in SWTOR.

In addition, DOT specs in SWTOR don't have any cleanse resistance built in, which makes it extremely easy to purge them by people with two brain cells to rub together. The fact that a single defender can "hold off" 4-5 people with DOTs just shows a completely lack of common sense by the playerbase.

What magical game are you playing where every AC has the appropriate purge?

Oh yeah, that's right. You are just talking to talk. Good job fellow citizen of SWTOR.

With the sheer number of sage/sorc and merc/commando players in warzones, there's absolutely zero reason why somebody shouldn't have the appropriate cleanse. And if one person has managed to stop 4-5 people from capping for 18+ seconds after they've died, they're obviously far better players than you are. Because it takes time to tab-target and DOT up each individual player.

With the sheer number of sage/sorc and merc/commando players in warzones, there's absolutely zero reason why somebody shouldn't have the appropriate cleanse. And if one person has managed to stop 4-5 people from capping for 18+ seconds after they've died, they're obviously far better players than you are. Because it takes time to tab-target and DOT up each individual player.

Your logic is so faulty.

There are so many situations where an attacker clearly wins and is prevented from capping from a single dot. Sentinals cant purge so your saying if a dotting class is defending tough luck? Can't attack that single defender because you can't purge, essentially making a dotting class the equivalent of more than one player?

It doesn't make sense. Dot's do damage and they continue to do it after they die, good enough.

Your logic is so faulty.

There are so many situations where an attacker clearly wins and is prevented from capping from a single dot. Sentinals cant purge so your saying if a dotting class is defending tough luck? Can't attack that single defender because you can't purge, essentially making a dotting class the equivalent of more than one player?

Team game. Don't run off fighting 1v1.

cant play without DoTs? You know you do have other skills? Or don't you? Have the skills in the bar just not in yourself? Time to reroll me thinks!

Try playing a Lethality Sniper and then come back and say that with a straight face.