Same gender relationships clarifications?

elexier

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I play a LS Warrior so random cruelty is not in her way of doing things. I took Vette's collar off the first chance I had, and I like her snarkyness anyway.

And yet the option to inflict random cruelty was present. There was no desire on your part to do so, so you didn't click them and chose other options. Adding same-gender romances will proceed in exactly the same way: don't click on the options you don't want.

I play a LS Warrior so random cruelty is not in her way of doing things.

Well, there you go, then. Random cruelty is not her way of doing things, and you avoid doing so by not choosing those options. Why is this suddenly different for same-sex flirting?

I play a LS Warrior so random cruelty is not in her way of doing things. I took Vette's collar off the first chance I had, and I like her snarkyness anyway.

Guess what! You can just *not click* the same-sex flirts too, just like you handle the random cruelty options!

I asked in RP section. Obviously ignored. Asking again in the everything else.

RP was not really relevant. Hang on for "And the Rest". Again, if we all ask, it's less easy to ignore. I think -how- is more likely to be answered than -when-, but content patch vs. retail expansion will give us some notion, and is a "how" question.

Well, there you go, then. Random cruelty is not her way of doing things, and you avoid doing so by not choosing those options. Why is this suddenly different for same-sex flirting?

That's exactly my point, Tsu. If you can ignore the murder/torture options (which I assume would also be something you would dislike personally), why not the same-sex options?

It's a terrible compromise. In fact, it's not a compromise at all; why do you say it's a compromise?

I say its a compromise because SGR can proceed and they can implement them but for those who do not wish to see or it have in the game it doesn't. It would also go both ways if you didn't want to see flirt options from opposite gender npc's as well. You choose which way your character goes sexually and its set. That way everyone can play the game in that manner they choose to w/out being offended or irritated with extra prompts ect.

I say its a compromise because SGR can proceed and they can implement them but for those who do not wish to see or it have in the game it doesn't. It would also go both ways if you didn't want to see flirt options from opposite gender npc's as well. You choose which way your character goes sexually and its set. That way everyone can play the game in that manner they choose to w/out being offended or irritated with extra prompts ect.

A toggle is unnecessary. Common sense is sufficient.

It is not Bioware's job to ensure you aren't offended by options you might potentially see in game. People should be capable of choosing what options they like and don't like in a video game, and not get their noses out of joint if some of those options are for things they're not personally comfortable with. You can choose which way your character goes sexually by choosing and not choosing the appropriate prompts.

SGR can not proceed without a toggle? That's news to me... Mind citing a source or two?

The only offense I see is the fact that people can't take seeing flirt options with same gender and are crying for a way to block it. It's not really right. I mean there are girls who flirt with gay guys in real life, guys who flirt with lesbians. Flirt options should be available for both genders and not restricted.

Yeah, see, that's not a compromise because they've already said SGRAs are going to be in; we're not bargaining with y'all, here. As well, I've never seen anyone say they don't want to see opposite gender flirts, so... not really a compromise there, either.

Again, this would also mean you'd have to hide options that result in torture of innocents or murder and such.

I hate the idea of hurting someone like that, so I take the OTHER choices! It's a lovely system in place.

Can you not see your own comments in the guild summit chat stream or something? I posted a comment and it's not showing up even though other new comments have been added :(

I feel really torn on this. I don't want to cancel my account because as first MMO experiences go outside of this issue it's been a lot of fun, but I feel like a traitor for not putting my money where my mouth is, as it were. My only consolation is that this isn't necessarily 100% down to Bioware. When it's their own IP they've been pretty good on the whole, but this one isn't only down to them. Which really sucks. Sigh.

Can you not see your own comments in the guild summit chat stream or something? I posted a comment and it's not showing up even though other new comments have been added :(

I feel really torn on this. I don't want to cancel my account because as first MMO experiences go outside of this issue it's been a lot of fun, but I feel like a traitor for not putting my money where my mouth is, as it were. My only consolation is that this isn't necessarily 100% down to Bioware. When it's their own IP they've been pretty good on the whole, but this one isn't only down to them. Which really sucks. Sigh.

Those are developer comments. :p