The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Ranked WZ BETTER be Solo Que

DarthRaistlin

I somehow agree with this, infact I done premades in other games, it just gets boring after few battles.

I would like a solo que for ranked warzones also, seperate from premades. Whoever is going to start now with: get guild, start premade and whatever nonsense.

Some of us dont need a commitment to other online people, I got a job already, I dont need another one, that will tell me when to be online, that doesnt pay.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

your point is valid .. however .. I play games to remove many of real life's burdens.

this whole system just looks horrible. what are they going to do? make rated WZ armor un-wearable in the solo que? no ... it's going to go from taking 30 WZs a day to taking 100s of warzones to get a win.

removing the daily is just a copout for the fact that this is the most imbalanced population ever created in an mmo. which is hard to believe considering wow and war. and they did it without things like wintergrasp and warhammer keeps.

this game has officially become a "waiting for something better" game for me. if you dont merge servers and create brackets that create much closer scores .. it's not gonna matter. grow some balls and fix the real problems. these band-aids aren't gonna fool anyone for long.

Have to say this guy has it pretty dead on. I mean everyone complains about how bad WZs are now with no brackets, and server population issues. So without fixing stuff like that how are ranked WZs going to be any better?

Bottom line is BW was simply not ready for this pvp thing and now they are fumbling left and right to cater to it. Rushed, unplanned, and poorly implemented always cause more people to leave than they keep around.

If they make ranked WZ's based on 8 man premades with the game the way it is now, it will almost certainly lead to FotM team compositions and kill the game for a lot of people. I don't even want to think about Huttball against a coordinated team with multiple assassins and sorcs. Conversely, some classes would be useless in their current state (a lot of the operative whining really is warranted).

So yeah, some way of solo queuing without getting stomped by premades would be nice. And don't tell me to do normal warzones. Believe it or not, some of us like a challenge AND variety. I did enough rolling through the same BG's with the same group of people day in and day out in the vanilla WoW honor grind.

Man is out for himself, no ifs ands or butts about it. Everyone has thrown a co-worker under the bus to get ahead, at the end of the day; we hope to have bettered ourselves first and foremost.

Weaker men band together to take down stronger men, then they too turn inward and are out for themselves.

The best PvP’ers solo queue all day, every day, it is faster action, and more of a challenge for them.

I have guildies begging me to queue with them so they get wins, I do this for a little while, but then I am back to bettering myself.

Ranked warzones need to be solo queue, and I think it should be only solo queue. You will lose what is left of your pvp base if you make it pre-made only. Pre-mades are all carebears who can’t do jack by themselves, so they get 3 other carebears to give them a shot.

If you fail to head my words, you will look back on this day 6 months from now and say, dang, this was the start of the decline.

PvP is king, and it needs to be fast, and solo based at its core. Man is Narcissistic to the core, and even worse in your best pvp’ers.

The fundamental problem with wz's being rated and solo que only is that ITS A ****IN TEAM EFFORT. Not everyone group ques just cause they are bad, they have guildies and friends they want to play with so they do, its not about being carried or having some unfair advantage.

OP is 100% correct. It's retarded that they are just following WOWs mistakes by forcing players to make premades.

Wait, I thought we were just discussing what they could be doing. It seems you think they have already released their decision? Or are you saying that without a confirmation?

If they have released how rated wzs will work can someone link me? :o

Yeah didn't the pvp lead for WoW specifically say ranked group pvp was the downfall of the game?

Once these premade teams start abusing certain classes/makeups then come the nerfs/buffs which effects PVE...slippery slope

Yeah didn't the pvp lead for WoW specifically say ranked group pvp was the downfall of the game?

Once these premade teams start abusing certain classes/makeups then come the nerfs/buffs which effects PVE...slippery slope

Arena, not rated warzones. People want competitive pvp game play that isnt just duels, games that are organized teams facing other organized teams for a real challenge, you can only sit there and blame comp or balance so much.

OP is 100% correct. It's retarded that they are just following WOWs mistakes by forcing players to make premades. True hardcore pvpers don't need a freaking team to back himself, or a guild on ventrillo/ teamspeak to own at pvp, they just log on, queue, and own. Also, majority of the player base prefer to solo queue, so why piss off your largest player base with crappy like this? Give people choices, that males sense.

Source please. As of right now I don't think they have told us.

This line is a load of crap.

sure is, soloing in team based game is better then with a team lol.

fail logic is fail

is there probably challenge in solo queues. yes

is it better noo

my guess OP is one of those people who solo queu and farm medal/kills and claim to be good.

Man is out for himself, no ifs ands or butts about it. Everyone has thrown a co-worker under the bus to get ahead, at the end of the day; we hope to have bettered ourselves first and foremost.

Weaker men band together to take down stronger men, then they too turn inward and are out for themselves.

The best PvP’ers solo queue all day, every day, it is faster action, and more of a challenge for them.

I have guildies begging me to queue with them so they get wins, I do this for a little while, but then I am back to bettering myself.

Ranked warzones need to be solo queue, and I think it should be only solo queue. You will lose what is left of your pvp base if you make it pre-made only. Pre-mades are all carebears who can’t do jack by themselves, so they get 3 other carebears to give them a shot.

If you fail to head my words, you will look back on this day 6 months from now and say, dang, this was the start of the decline.

PvP is king, and it needs to be fast, and solo based at its core. Man is Narcissistic to the core, and even worse in your best pvp’ers.

Wrong. The best pvpers want to play on a well coordinated 8 man team against a well coordinated 8 man team. This is the highest form of pvp. Solo Queuing would take much less skill and have SOO MUCH RNG to the ranking system that you are either trolling or bad. Take your pick.

That sounds familiar... it already happened to operatives/scounderal, and now the class is useless in endgame content. BW should've upped the overall damage output across the board for the class to make up for the nerf.

City of Heroes/Villains has a separate pve and pvp system, what they change in pvp doesn't affect pve, I wish other games had that type of system. The old SWG had a -70% damage in pvp.

Edited by Sookster

This is just your opinion, it doesn't support your claim.

Additionally, if Wrestling was 4 guys on a mat vs 4 guys on a mat it's be harder.

1v1 you just have to worry about the other guy.

Team games you have to worry about 4 other guys and 3 teammates.

Thus Team anything is typically harder as a whole than Solo Anything.

Maybe they'll have a Solo Queue Rank and a Team Queue Rank (GASP).

Who knows, stop complaining till you know.

By that logic... in a team game you have to be less concentrated because you have 3 buddys who take care of you and your mistakes. In a 1v1 you dont have others helping you because they are better than you. By that logic... the ones who want teams are for losers who cant do anything alone because they suc_k as_s. saw lots of those in WoW arena, who just wanted to be carried. Saw LOTS of them, totally idiots who are to dumb to do the easiest things in all pvp encounters... but still had "good" ratings, just because they had 2 or 4 buddys who were actually good and carried them.

Edited by nodq

The only way to do a ranked solo player thing would be a ranked dueling system because hey, you depend on yourself, not some random team. Even solo queue players are playing as a team once they enter the warzone. Well, the ones that aren't garbage are.

Who cares if premades get their rated warzones? I'm fine with it, as long as their gear doesn't negatively affect my unrated warzone experience.

Why does everyone always want what everyone else has? Enjoy yours, let them enjoy theirs. (I admit this is contrary to human nature, but try it sometime, you might like it!)

This line is a load of crap.

Why? Ignorant or dumb? Im in a guild, lots of good players in there. Guess what, i dont like to play with them. Not because they suck or are not cool guys... no. Just because its so damn easymode to win as a premade team vs randoms.

Its just NOT fun at all. i just play solo because its more of a challenge. its only good to do premade if you want to do your daylie quests where you need wins.

ROFL, Solo queue war zones. If you think any ranked war zone is going to be solo queue then you are a bad player an a bad gamer on top of it.

Go /Duel @ Ilum or Dormond Kaas. You queue solo you get farmed simple as that.

Actually... you're a bad player if you cant do well without a pre-made.

This is idiotic. Rateds should be groups of 8 queuing together in vent, thats the real competition and thats where the fun is.

That's souley your opinion. A lot of us have friends that only pve. Therefore we would like our own division of the ranked WZ's. I love the idea of having solo score and a pre made score.

That's souley your opinion. A lot of us have friends that only pve. Therefore we would like our own division of the ranked WZ's. I love the idea of having solo score and a pre made score.

I don't mind this idea. I don't think it's necessary and even with all the warzones pooled together, unless they took out unranked and replaced it with solo rank, then added a separate premade rank, I don't think the queue times would be acceptable, but it still isn't a bad idea.

I love how peeps on this forum throw the word premade around. Heck on most servers you cant even get a group together to do a flashpoint and we are talking wz premades,Really? Ranked WZ's with the state of pvp in this game, will as the OP stated, ruin pvp in this game. You need a very active pvp community which swtor does not have atm due to severe performance issuses since launch.