Player driven economy patch 1.2!

OrphenRyder

If your implementing a true player driven economy! Make it to where we can open up our market to the other faction.

Credits are a "universal" income, and they don't discriminate to whether your a Republic or Empirial, and neither should a good crafter!

Currently on pvp servers we cant send mail's to other side or without going to certain planets see what they have on their GTN. Taking online orders etc. would be greatly helped if we didnt have to only sell to our faction. Even if its something like we have to travel to Nar Shadda to send it via mail to COD it, atleast its an option.

If you want to keep the fleets seperate atleast make one GTN a universal GTN with both sides posted! That would give us a galactic trading " HUB " for the players.

I'm speaking clearly on a PVP server stand-point. I'm not sure if its open or not on PVE servers, just know its not for us on PVP servers.

it doesn't fit into the lore. period.

there's absolutely no valid explanation for why The Republic or Empire would trade valuable mission goods or items directly to their enemies.

WoW had goblins which was what made a Neutral AH a valid thing story-wise. A neutral GTN simply doesn't work inside the Star Wars canon.

A neutral GTN simply doesn't work inside the Star Wars canon.

We already have a neutral GTN on Nar Shadda.

Or do you not think the Hutts would act as intermediaries between less scrupulous members of both factions who see a potential in profiting from clandestine trade with the other side if it also brought a profit to the Hutts?

We already have a neutral GTN on Nar Shadda.

Or do you not think the Hutts would act as intermediaries between less scrupulous members of both factions who see a potential in profiting from clandestine trade with the other side if it also brought a profit to the Hutts?

There is? news to me... i wanna go check it out.

Yes, the hutts would be the most obvious goblin-esque race, but I was under the impression they were generally an anti-republic lot.

regardless, if there already is a neutral GTN, this entire thread was pointless from the first post.

yes but the nar shadda GTN doesnt have very many goods on it. Though if we are going to be player driven economy I'm sure that will change!

And what do you mean it doesnt fit into the lore? We all use credits and credits speak galactic basic if you know what i mean!

Yeah, ideally the Hutt trade network is where the majority of trading should happen, but it's very, very dead over there. Not that I'm complaining, really, since it affords me the option to transfer items to my characters on the other side of the fence at low prices with minimal risk.

And what do you mean it doesnt fit into the lore? We all use credits and credits speak galactic basic if you know what i mean!

you'd be hard pressed to find the United States selling military techh and goods to North Korea, amirite?

and the reason the neutral AH is so dead has nothing to do with a player driven economy and everything to do with the fact that no one cares about this nearly as much as you do - neutral AH's, because they are not part of the main capital cities, are never as popular.

just be glad that it exists so you can xfer stuff from your Pub to your Sith and vice versa.

Yeah I've also used it to transfer gear from one faction to the next! But I'm not asking if to speak to people through whisper or anything just if they want to purhcase goods I should be able to COD it do them!

We should be able to post in forum goods we can make and artifact and our pricing, if they want a full set maybe get a discount. As with GTN we would post single items and they might end up without a set piece or something... Just a scenario... you get the idea!

I'm all for a 100% player driven economy! I'll take what we can get and we'll make it work regardless of whats implemented or not!

But even if we have to use a " certain " hutt alligned Mail box to send opposing factions items etc we should have that option. Would open up more player trading!

Credits are credits!!

you'd be hard pressed to find the United States selling military techh and goods to North Korea, amirite?

You'd be less hard pressed to find private citizens of both countries smuggling home made goods between nations if there were a profit in it though. Which is much more akin to what is being talked about. Not an open policy of trade between the Empire and the Republic but private citizens using an illicit intermediary to do business with the other side.

Edited by Darth_Pernisc

Funny tho being Sith I been sent cash and gifts from republic NPCS for letting them live lol. Having both republic and imp toons I really would like to smuggle goods back and forth and do so on Nar shaddaa but that place takes FOREVER to load for some reason >.>....

Lore-wise there is no reason for smugglers and bounty hunters to be faction specific either, restricting where they can shop and what gear they can use is silly, IMO. Maybe they could be the intermediaries. I'd love for them to be able to cross faction territories while being neutral.

yes but the nar shadda GTN doesnt have very many goods on it.

Which means the imperial markets are sufficient for the imperial crafters and the republic markets are sufficient for the republic crafters. if no one is using it, that means there is no need to use it.

Which means the imperial markets are sufficient for the imperial crafters and the republic markets are sufficient for the republic crafters. if no one is using it, that means there is no need to use it.

Well, I think inconvenience plays into it. It actually does take a little while to take your ship to Nar Shaddaa, load up the planet, get out of the space port, take the taxi down to the lower promenade, run half a circuit around the outside loop, then continue on to the GTN terminals, which are actually sort of difficult to find if you don't go actively looking for them. Then do all of that in reverse in order to get back to somewhere useful (unless you're going to the Fleet, since there is a shuttle on the promenade ring).

If there were some sort of fast travel that took you right to the lower promenade market and if you could listen in to the Fleet general channel in order to be available for groups, I'm pretty sure you'd see a ton more people using the Hutt network. The issue is that doing everything at the Fleet is just way more convenient.

Edited by thewatcheruatu

it doesn't fit into the lore. period.

there's absolutely no valid explanation for why The Republic or Empire would trade valuable mission goods or items directly to their enemies.

WoW had goblins which was what made a Neutral AH a valid thing story-wise. A neutral GTN simply doesn't work inside the Star Wars canon.

Smugglers, Arms dealers, profiteers.

Basically anything that exists that allows trade between enemies, legal or otherwise, exists in Star Wars.

We call

Space Illegal Trading, and Space Treason.

Well, I think inconvenience plays into it. It actually does take a little while to take your ship to Nar Shaddaa, load up the planet, get out of the space port, take the taxi down to the lower promenade, run half a circuit around the outside loop, then continue on to the GTN terminals, which are actually sort of difficult to find if you don't go actively looking for them. Then do all of that in reverse in order to get back to somewhere useful (unless you're going to the Fleet, since there is a shuttle on the promenade ring).

If there were some sort of fast travel that took you right to the lower promenade market and if you could listen in to the Fleet general channel in order to be available for groups, I'm pretty sure you'd see a ton more people using the Hutt network. The issue is that doing everything at the Fleet is just way more convenient.

That's true enough, but if a crafter wasn't selling on fleet and they had this additional resource to use, the fact remains they are not. So it appears they do not need the additional market of cross team trading...

The idea of the neutral faction GTN is fine, and great, the problem is the implementation (not unlike a lot of other flaws with TOR right now)

the solution is to have a fleet-pass type deal to nar shaddaa, that drops you into the main area.

the reason why people don't visit the neutral GTN, is because you have to go through 20 hoops to get in front of the GTN. your ship -> airport -> WALK out (since you can't mount up) -> shuttle -> go all the way around the f'n gallery, to finally get in front of it.

not only that, it has no access to FP/OP hubs, so if you wanted to do something, you have to backtrack through all the crap you just went through, to get back to fleet.

people who aren't big on gaming the system, aren't going to go through the trouble of parking an alt in front of it and swap toons to browse.

it's just too inconvenient to visit hutta GTN right now.

That's true enough, but if a crafter wasn't selling on fleet and they had this additional resource to use, the fact remains they are not. So it appears they do not need the additional market of cross team trading...

I don't know. Right now I'm trying to sell a set of Traditional Thermoweave Armor. For various reasons, probably owing to demand and profitability, you don't really see a lot of people listing these custom sets on my server, and I'm the only one on either side of the fence trying to sell the Thermoweave set. I'd just as soon double my potential buyers by being able to offer it to both Imperials and Republicans, since over a two day timespan, maybe there's only one guy on either side willing to shell out the credits for something like this. But as it is, there's a very slim chance he's going to check the Hutt network for it, assuming he's even actively looking rather than just serendipitously discovering that he loves this set.

Additionally--and I don't know how it is on your server, so I can only speak to how things are on Sanctum of the Exalted--market prices for materials are anything but standard right now. They can be radically different on the Republic side versus the Imperial side. There isn't enough competition to arrive at any sort of price equilibrium. So people may be able to get what they need on their own side, but they may be getting totally robbed for it because both the supply side and the demand side are too small.

Pretty much this. It might be useful if there is a huge population disparity, and the republic market just cant stand on its own. But each faction should be able to easily produce all items in the game. This isnt like EQ, where rare crafted goods were actually rare. In SWTOR, all you do is dump credits and you're 400. Dump some more and you can have whatever you need.

Maybe 1.2 will fix that with legacy recipes.

If your implementing a true player driven economy! Make it to where we can open up our market to the other faction.

Credits are a "universal" income, and they don't discriminate to whether your a Republic or Empirial, and neither should a good crafter!

Currently on pvp servers we cant send mail's to other side or without going to certain planets see what they have on their GTN. Taking online orders etc. would be greatly helped if we didnt have to only sell to our faction. Even if its something like we have to travel to Nar Shadda to send it via mail to COD it, atleast its an option.

If you want to keep the fleets seperate atleast make one GTN a universal GTN with both sides posted! That would give us a galactic trading " HUB " for the players.

I'm speaking clearly on a PVP server stand-point. I'm not sure if its open or not on PVE servers, just know its not for us on PVP servers.

We do have a neutral GTN on Nar Shadaa but almost no one knows about it. Not to mention it is a pain to go to Nar Shadaa everytime; they should just merge it into the main GTN.

I don't know. Right now I'm trying to sell a set of Traditional Thermoweave Armor. For various reasons, probably owing to demand and profitability, you don't really see a lot of people listing these custom sets on my server, and I'm the only one on either side of the fence trying to sell the Thermoweave set. I'd just as soon double my potential buyers by being able to offer it to both Imperials and Republicans, since over a two day timespan, maybe there's only one guy on either side willing to shell out the credits for something like this. But as it is, there's a very slim chance he's going to check the Hutt network for it, assuming he's even actively looking rather than just serendipitously discovering that he loves this set.

Why wouldnt you assume there's a rep player also selling it? Any expansion in market would also be met with an equal expansion in competition.

Edited by NermalDetonator

Why wouldnt you assume there's a rep player also selling it? Any expansion in market would also be met with an equal expansion in competition.

Because I've got characters on both sides and I watch the market, that's why. What I'm saying is that over a two day span, I might literally be the only person on the server selling that particular set. I'm obviously not the only person with those schematics. Merely the only person who may have been silly enough to think he could produce them and sell them.

Right now there are actually a lot of things that can be crafted and there aren't really a lot of people necessarily crafting them for sale. This can go for anything. Maybe it's a level 31 armoring mod or something. You could easily be the only person on the server at any given time trying to sell that.

Edited by thewatcheruatu