Awesome!

Ran all the way through EV normal mode for some of our new 50's and the game assigned most of the Columi pieces to the geared half of the raid and they already had the pieces!!!

We tried master looter and it still assigned most of the Columi pieces to people who already had them!!!

Awesome!!!!!

/punchfaceBW_middlefinger = true

I love bosses and raiding in this game... Something so exciting about it.

I WANTED to love raiding in swtor. But its soooo lacking to me. I was never in any sort of top 100 world guild or anything of the sorts in WoW. I never cleared a tier content on heroic mode. Knocked out quite a few of them but never those really hard fights. Swtor? In one month of raiding (2 nights a week) everything is cleared on nightmare mode. And in fact this week we cleared everything in one night.

Most of the difficulty coming from bosses being buggy IE Garj swiping behind him, sometimes hitting people for absurd amounts(tank got hit for 54k) SOA,well.....yeah, lets try to keep this to one page, switches breaking on Vault and having to clear trash like 3 times, karaga with his magical 60yard explosion range on his explosion phase. Its definitely properly named nightmare mode! And so we're left scratching our heads and asking 'Now what do we do?' Honestly, I miss raiding 3 nights a week and pushing hard content that was difficult because it required coordination and skill, not rolling rng for bugs to go off on encounters. Gearing out my companions in rakata gear isnt fun to me. Just my opinion though.

I WANTED to love raiding in swtor. But its soooo lacking to me. I was never in any sort of top 100 world guild or anything of the sorts in WoW. I never cleared a tier content on heroic mode. Knocked out quite a few of them but never those really hard fights. Swtor? In one month of raiding (2 nights a week) everything is cleared on nightmare mode. And in fact this week we cleared everything in one night.

Most of the difficulty coming from bosses being buggy IE Garj swiping behind him, sometimes hitting people for absurd amounts(tank got hit for 54k) SOA,well.....yeah, lets try to keep this to one page, switches breaking on Vault and having to clear trash like 3 times, karaga with his magical 60yard explosion range on his explosion phase. Its definitely properly named nightmare mode! And so we're left scratching our heads and asking 'Now what do we do?' Honestly, I miss raiding 3 nights a week and pushing hard content that was difficult because it required coordination and skill, not rolling rng for bugs to go off on encounters. Gearing out my companions in rakata gear isnt fun to me. Just my opinion though.

an opinion many of us share.

@op perhaps you will rage less once you understand the loot system. with the kind of group you are describing you should have been running on hard (normal) mode instead of normal (easy).

an opinion many of us share.

@op perhaps you will rage less once you understand the loot system. with the kind of group you are describing you should have been running on hard (normal) mode instead of normal (easy).

We've run hard modes, I've run hard/nightmare modes, were do you get that I haven't run that sutff and what does it have to do with what I said? We took some under-geared guildies through a normal run and both round robin and master looter where messed up and cheating our newbs out of gear. What does that have to do with other bugs or ease of raids?

Don't make assumptions, makes you look like an ***.

What we found worked out is use the roll system for the gear (need greed pass) and have just one person loot the boss with auto loot and area loot turned off. He then would announce what the loot was and say if it was sorc main hands, they would say if they needed it or not and he would click the piece on the boss, the loot window pops up and they would both roll need. Or if they didnt need it, everyone could roll greed for companion gear or whatever. Works good for us and moves along nicely when you get used to it.

We've run hard modes, I've run hard/nightmare modes, were do you get that I haven't run that sutff and what does it have to do with what I said? We took some under-geared guildies through a normal run and both round robin and master looter where messed up and cheating our newbs out of gear. What does that have to do with other bugs or ease of raids?

Don't make assumptions, makes you look like an ***.

i make an assumption because you are completely ignorant of how the loot rules work. besides its usually better to "gear up" in hardmode anyway.

You were there for the first time and you complain, that you didn't get what you wanted?

*facepalm*

who said it was my first time there? I'm geared.

You failed to read or comprehend what was written.

i make an assumption because you are completely ignorant of how the loot rules work. besides its usually better to "gear up" in hardmode anyway.

I'm aware that the loot is always RNG, but it still lets you select master looter because it's bugged. Even though it's RNG, I ended up with two columi head pieces and the operative we brought along got nothing, I have a rakata head piece so I don't need the columi head piece. The system is *********** jacked up.

Also we where using normal mode to get columi pieces for our guys who just hit 50, some of them alts. You aren't running hardmode when 3 people are geared and the rest aren't even an avg of 124.

So ****, you're wrong.

What we found worked out is use the roll system for the gear (need greed pass) and have just one person loot the boss with auto loot and area loot turned off. He then would announce what the loot was and say if it was sorc main hands, they would say if they needed it or not and he would click the piece on the boss, the loot window pops up and they would both roll need. Or if they didnt need it, everyone could roll greed for companion gear or whatever. Works good for us and moves along nicely when you get used to it.

That's an awesome way to do it!

Thank you.

going to try this on our next alt/newbies normal run.

I'm aware that the loot is always RNG, but it still lets you select master looter because it's bugged. Even though it's RNG, I ended up with two columi head pieces and the operative we brought along got nothing, I have a rakata head piece so I don't need the columi head piece. The system is *********** jacked up.

Also we where using normal mode to get columi pieces for our guys who just hit 50, some of them alts. You aren't running hardmode when 3 people are geared and the rest aren't even an avg of 124.

So ****, you're wrong.

Normal mode loot is auto distributed... You complain as if you don't know that. There is nothing you can do about it. You chose to do normal mode so don't complain when the loot system does what it does to everyone.

And if you have done HMs you would know they aren't hard at all. You could easily have done them with your group. And chosen who got what pieces of loot. I mean seriously, the encounters are a push over.

Edited by Daluu

Thank you.

going to try this on our next alt/newbies normal run.

Won't work. How hard is it for people to understand that normal mode gear is auto distributed?? Yea, its F***ed up, but thats how it works.

Edited by Daluu

Ran all the way through EV normal mode for some of our new 50's and the game assigned most of the Columi pieces to the geared half of the raid and they already had the pieces!!!

We tried master looter and it still assigned most of the Columi pieces to people who already had them!!!

Awesome!!!!!

/punchfaceBW_middlefinger = true

sorry but i realy had 2 laugh about this. hehe

Normal mode raids do not give rollable tier pieces. the only things you can roll on are alloys and schematics. the boss itself is like a champion bag. There is a random chance you can loot token that is assigned towards you.

You only roll for tokens and gear on Hard mode and nightmare.

Sorry reryn but i realy had 2 laugh about this :) didn't knew if serious or just sarcasm

Would you have felt better if it was a standard Need/Greed system and the bosses coughed up tons of drops no one could use?

You can either have dead drops from a totally random loot system (Yey, more Str gear for the Marauder we don't have) or you can have the system give loot that is always "correct" for you, but given to set people.

Dead drops are dead drops.

If we want to gear player with normal raids, we just make sure there is no other class in the raid.

Lat time we wanted to gear up a sage and a sentinal. So we just made sure all other are only trooper and smuggler. This way they get at least all the loot for their classes for 100%

Combined with the strange random loot to give out more loot for the least joined class (felt this way), it is alot loot for these two. At least they got more than enough to make it worth the time for both raids.

If you want to gear up only few player, this is the best way to do it.

Would you have felt better if it was a standard Need/Greed system and the bosses coughed up tons of drops no one could use?

You can either have dead drops from a totally random loot system (Yey, more Str gear for the Marauder we don't have) or you can have the system give loot that is always "correct" for you, but given to set people.

Dead drops are dead drops.

The bosses do cough up tons of gear no one can use because it gives the items to people who don't need the item. Random drops are fine, but it's just rubbing it in peoples faces by not allowing the person who needs it to get it.

I went through Karagga's and EV the last couple days. I got Columni boots, a dps Main Hand, a dps Relic, and bracers.

I'm a healer and I already had Columni boots. So out of 2 runs I get bracers. Meanwhile some of our geared players get doubles of items also, and dps players are getting healing gear.

Yeah my bad. Ive actually never run a normal mode raid. I literally dinged 50 and started on hardmodes in my cent pvp gear. Got some gear from that and then hit nightmare modes. So, I apologize for the misinformation. But hey, now you know for when you get to hardmodes! :) Which I would suggest you do now anyways. Unless your guild is one of those that has those people with the lvl 20 pvp gear on still! *shakes fist violently*

Yeah my bad. Ive actually never run a normal mode raid. I literally dinged 50 and started on hardmodes in my cent pvp gear. Got some gear from that and then hit nightmare modes. So, I apologize for the misinformation. But hey, now you know for when you get to hardmodes! :) Which I would suggest you do now anyways. Unless your guild is one of those that has those people with the lvl 20 pvp gear on still! *shakes fist violently*

The loot is generated at the time the boss dies or if loot is from a chest then it's when the chest is opened. You can get loot to those in need if you understand this although it's a bit of a pain. For the 1st, 2nd and 5th boss in EV if everyone who does not need loot exits area before the mob dies those left inside will be the only ones on the loot table and one of them will get the loot. This takes good timing though because you leave to early they might wipe, to late and you might not get out before the boss dies. For the 3rd and 4th since the loot comes from a chest if everyone who doesn't need loot exits area before it's opened again only those still inside will be assigned loot.