Lord Adraas/Sanctum of the Exalted

Metaspark

I hear these two servers a lot when questions of RP activity are raised (myself supporting Lord Adraas)

Now, I'm planning to reroll my Sentinel from a different server, because I have grown impatient of waiting for server transfers. I thought after seeing this server actually in Standard population for once it was turning around, but here comes the first problem...I started doing warzones.

Holy hell, I have never seen such incompetent players, not just from reps, not just from imps, but ANY game I've ever played. If my jedi had a blaster she would have taken it to her head in minutes...people not fighting on doors on Voidstar, completely ignoring those planting bombs when they are clearly in range, ignoring the ball carrier both on offense and defense in Huttball, ignoring turret cappers and not even trying to cap open turrets themselves...

please someone get me off this server! I'm not looking for one where reps completely dominate imps, I just want a server where reps actually know what they're doing.

And so we come to the real question: I want to roll on an RP server, and I'm even willing to take on a "master" (both IC and OOC, I've had RP experience in the past but very little star wars related) and I hear Lord Adraas and Sanctum of the Exalted are great servers for it. The question is, which one has the better republic community?

Edited by Metaspark

The question is, which one has the better republic community?

People tend to say that the server they are on is the best -- otherwise they wouldn't be on it. There is no true best community. The experience depends on your tastes and style of play. Few people will label their faction a bunch of nubs because that implicates them as well. Claims of being the one good player in a sea of bads are bound to be met with skepticism.

The safest thing to do is make a quick alt and walk around on the RP servers and see if you can start up the kind of RP you are interested in.

I've heard great things about all the RP servers... but the one I'm on is the best.

Edited by Darth_Slaine

It varies...I have taken a break from Sanctum Rep to try out Lord A Emp.

It seems theres a large amount of players from Moon Guard (Server I play on in WoW) in Lord A so I feel a lot more at home...but then I forget I started on Sanctum and I just feel bad because I kinda vanished without a word on Sanctum...GRANTED I still have my character there but Lord A seems to be sucking me away.

It varies for everyone, I feel at home on Sanctum...I feel more at home on Lord A because of old friends.

Sanctum pop on pub side is lower but the imp side is far more populated.

Lord Adraas (we call it Lardass) is very populated both sides..however....

Are you pvping before 50? At 50 Things become very organized..until then it's a very wild card pre 50. (In regards to pvp of course)

Edited by Vlayue

All I know is everytime I log into Lord it says Heavy and Sanctum says Medium.

That's because they raised the server cap on Sanctum to prevent lag on the server. So standard for Sanctum is equal to Full + more on Lord Adrass by comparison. ;) Sanctum was the most heavily populated at launch in terms of guild deployment and only grew since launch with unguilded role-players.

That said, Lord Adrass has not received a raise in their server cap since launch, but still retains its healthy population. :)

Edited by Damon_Mott

Sanctum pop on pub side is lower but the imp side is far more populated.

Lord Adraas (we call it Lardass) is very populated both sides..however....

Are you pvping before 50? At 50 Things become very organized..until then it's a very wild card pre 50. (In regards to pvp of course)

That is false information. The republic side is far heavier on Sanctum than the Imperial side. Please keep it real, no need for false propaganda.

Actually, Damon, I have a eentsy teensy bit of data saying our Rep/Imp ratio is about even, or maybe slightly Imp. That's very different than the 2:1 Rep to Imp ratio we had on launch day!

So check this out.

I built a survey. http://www.guildportal.com/Guild.aspx?GuildID=433241&TabID=3813820

Here are the results: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aregkvys5QFodDlvU05lQ3o2S3ZrYU9SYjRwM29OSnc#gid=0

About 44% of our server population is between levels 11 - 20. About 17% of our server pop is level 50 (but that's uncertain, because /who only gives me the first 100 results for lvl 50 players, so an estimate of 17% is low, but now I've got an optional section to look at the 50s by class.)

Where I have surveys taken within one hour of each other, our server average Republic:Imperial ratio is about 0.9 Reps/1 Imp, but that value ranges from 0.8 to 1.2.

The average measurement is 433 persons on our server.

The average number of persons on our server from 16:00-02:00 (peak hours) is 523. About 3% of that population is on Ilum.

My number of measurements is small (n=14) and are only from the last four days. Still collecting data. These data should be regarded as draft, preliminary, and anecdotal.

Of course, with Mass Effect 3 launching tomorrow, I predict we'll see a drop in server pop for a week or two.

Paige

Edited by Scorpienne

It may be neither here nor there, but Sanctum has a ton of posts on the server cluster forum.

You could roll on both and level through Coruscant/Dromund Kass on both and then pick the one you like better. As your particular play times and faction choice will likely effect things quite a bit.

Edited by LawStanz

This 2 sound exciting and I'm stuck in Shaltin Tunnels not wanting to throw all the hard work/future legacy out of the window.

And people talk like it's so easy to level up a char, I've made one last Friday, PvP none stop (for my gaming time) since lvl 10 never lost one, always top half on the categories and still I'm only lvl 16 o.O either I'm doing something wrong or don't have enough time to play.