Economic Changes in Patch 1.1.5

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are going to complain about cinematic lore...

Explain General Grievous....

He did not seem to have an issue using trophy sabers...

I would like to see more QQing about the lack of a combat log and less about their ******** immersion because their primary trilogy lore suggests (not mentions) a restriction.

Funny, changes like this is what caused other games, such as SWG, to fail. Its the ever popular I WANT BUTTON.

Color crystals can be used by either side, price cuts for this and that, easy buttons for sale.

Is it all the 12 year olds crying or the grown ups who are crying? Flame away children.. its what your good at.

Just to clear up things about the speeders being taken out and made to BOE... Party Hat is to Runescape as Rare speeder is to SWTOR. I love it when mmos do this type of thing because it makes little items that you don't really ever think about into something HUGE. Can you imagine the market price on these speeders 5-10 years from now? I promise you that they will be the most expensive thing in the game. Hands down nothing will trump the amount of money you will have to fork out to another player for these speeders. 1.5 mil now at BOP....NO telling once they go BOE. Love love love love this idea... Saving now for at LEAST 4 or 5 ;)

So the idea is to have limited pools of mounts?

That makes little sense, unless they intend to sell them for RL cash or something on Origin?

Funny, changes like this is what caused other games, such as SWG, to fail.

Incorrect...

What made SWG fail was their intent to dumb it down like WoW for the masses, aka NGE.

That and a ruined economy.

Edited by Dekkard_TNGC

Funny, changes like this is what caused other games, such as SWG, to fail. Its the ever popular I WANT BUTTON.

Color crystals can be used by either side, price cuts for this and that, easy buttons for sale.

Is it all the 12 year olds crying or the grown ups who are crying? Flame away children.. its what your good at.

SWG Failed because of the combat upgrade and the sheer kick in the face for everyone who worked for force sensitivity...

Crystals can as it stands be used for either side, it is the alignment not the faction which determines the crystal bonding, and with all the I want to be the light side sith or the dark side jedi roaming around, there is plenty of the other faction getting to use these crystals anyhow. If this is such an issue make it so the faction determines the crystals and make opposing faction crystal mats are not available... I would rather have red/orange all the time yellow proto drops in stead of getting a random assortment which 2:1 gives me useless color bases. I grind with blues and greens and still they manage to be more plentiful (individually) in my cargo than red (mainly because I seek Prototype and Artifact schematics for my characters).

What cheeses me is the new crystal color implementation, it kills player based economy, it would be far better to get the schematics to the players first and offer special renditions via vendors for a limited time. This way the players through the GTN will determine a market value of these crystals and other players will see the vendors as a credits sink that it truly is.

As for the speeders... They are a nuisance status symbol, especially since I do not see people mackin' them down on the streets of Alderaan, rather in the fleet, blocking out the vendors, mailboxes, trainers, and elevator doors. If they rode them ANYWHERE but in fleet I might be sympathetic to the tool sheds who will be complaining about this, but as it stands, it is a good move which improves the game experience.

If you are going to complain about cinematic lore...

Explain General Grievous....

He did not seem to have an issue using trophy sabers...

I would like to see more QQing about the lack of a combat log and less about their ******** immersion because their primary trilogy lore suggests (not mentions) a restriction.

Grievous was not a sith. Just a cyborg general who liked to use trophy sabers. Easy explanation.

Not exactly. The social level 10 requirement isn't present on the for sale speeder :)

Are you.... I can't believe this. I just ground out Social 10 for 20 hours over the past 3 days for this and you do that. Do you know how cheated I feel? I'm in the midst of working to Valor 65 from 12 in under 3 weeks for the other mount before it's removed, which I don't even know if it's possible. But I'm going to atleast try!! Is there even a damn point now?!?! I freaking worked for it because I wanted it. I wanted something not everyone would have, that required time and dedication. I would never come on the forums to complain that I didn't want to put in the work. If I knew I wasn't going to work for it, and in turn get it, I WOULDN'T. I'm... I'm just so disappointed in this. This is a preview of things to come isnt it? BiS Op gear from Normal Dungeon tokens or some such ****. Ugh. /Day ruined.

Edited by Vornin

I for one dont see the problem with sith using green and blue...just because daddy hits you in real life you have to try and be the big bad *** dark side player doesnt mean it should be the way you want it.

Plus...I like my pistol with the blue crystal.

garbage! no idea why do you (developers) always listen to most random complaints, or maybe end gamers/raiders dont troll forums as much (since they are busy actually palying the game and making the best of it) as all these newbs who started on day 1 but reached only as far as level 30-ish so far.

As someone above me said "please fix the game". honestly who cares about color crystals? how about more space missions, how about fixing operations so they work properly, how about making the end game content a bit more challenging so we're not sitting on our thumbs wondering when something new will come out (sad to say that since the game has been out for 3 months or so), or tune up the GTN a bit, or open up fun side show content a bit more, instead of removing speeders, add more. Speeder collecting is fun! Maybe allow us to craft and sell a larger variety, but dont remove any.

instead you're making things cheaper because people cant afford speeders. i have 6 speeders, over 4 million creds, and i've been funding an alt heavily from the big brother's account. Here is an idea...get involved into GTN trading, make some money, grind out for a day or two, and so on. money is there to be made, you just gotta learn to play, instead of spent hours on end complaining on the forums.

one thing that drove me crazy in a recent developer blog post was that you're spending time on adding the match gear to chest color option for example. Completely pointless. We cant dye our gear, so what this means to me is that a bunch of non 50's who have never seen an end game set wanna look cool. well here is a news flash. soon as u hit 50 and get some columni/rakata you'll be matching. until than the point is not to match, as in to be the aspiring (insert class here) and sort of striving to became a bad *** and have a matching crazy cool looking gear!

anyway, i am very sick and cranky so i'll stop here, but BW grow a pair, dont listen to every dumb complaint. do what you do best and that is make amazing games such as this one, or at least such as how you started this one!

Edited by Paralassa
content

garbage! no idea why do you (developers) always listen to most random complaints, or maybe end gamers/raiders dont troll forums as much (since they are busy actually palying the game and making the best of it) as all these newbs who started on day 1 but reached only as far as level 30-ish so far.

Or maybe Bioware having access to everything that happens across every server knows something you don't?

As someone above me said "please fix the game". honestly who cares about color crystals? how about more space missions, how about fixing operations so they work properly, how about making the end game content a bit more challenging so we're not sitting on our thumbs wondering when something new will come out (sad to say that since the game has been out for 3 months or so), or tune up the GTN a bit, or open up fun side show content a bit more, instead of removing speeders, add more. Speeder collecting is fun! Maybe allow us to craft and sell a larger variety, but dont remove any.

Enough people that they're changing it obviously. Bugs are dealt with by a separate team and are you high? They've already added content forgot about the expansion of Kragga's palace and the addition of Kanon under siege have you? It's not like they can add content every 0.0.1 patches. And have you not payed attention to them saying they are working on the GTN for 1.2? or the legacy system? or any of a dozen things?

instead you're making things cheaper because people cant afford speeders. i have 6 speeders, over 4 million creds, and i've been funding an alt heavily from the big brother's account. Here is an idea...get involved into GTN trading, make some money, grind out for a day or two, and so on. money is there to be made, you just gotta learn to play, instead of spent hours on end complaining on the forums.

As you've already alluded to the GTN sucks. And while you may have plenty of time to make credits many people don't.

one thing that drove me crazy in a recent developer blog post was that you're spending time on adding the match gear to chest color option for example. Completely pointless. We cant dye our gear, so what this means to me is that a bunch of non 50's who have never seen an end game set wanna look cool. well here is a news flash. soon as u hit 50 and get some columni/rakata you'll be matching. until than the point is not to match, as in to be the aspiring (insert class here) and sort of striving to became a bad *** and have a matching crazy cool looking gear!

columni and rakata gear is ugly as sin, I'll keep what I've got thank you very much. And before you ask yes I'm a fifty.

anyway, i am very sick and cranky so i'll stop here, but BW grow a pair, dont listen to every dumb complaint. do what you do best and that is make amazing games such as this one, or at least such as how you started this one!

Glad they won't be listening to you then.

Edited by Paralassa
content quote

You're not understanding it right, no.

See http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=335166 for which crystals are sold - magenta isn't on there.

That quest is still there and, in fact, in 1.2, the journey is quite a bit more involved if you want the very top endgame magenta crystal :)

How about a response on server mergers? 70 people in the fleet during primetime hours does not give a good chance at exploring all these "awesome and ground breaking" features added to the patch.

When are you going to man up and speak to this important issue?

You can have that definitive answer: There are no plans of making the white crystal craftable in 1.2 or the 1.2.x patch timeline.

May you be able to craft in several months? Maybe. Not decided yet. If so, it would not be easy.

As a follow-up:

Will there be some other (quest/scavenger hunt) method of obtaining the white crystal, or are we out of luck if we don't buy one before the vendor is removed?

Then crystals should be faction restricted rather than alignment restricted, and restricted for Jedi and Sith only. but that's an overly difficult restriction to put in place so isn't going to happen.

And why is that difficult exactly? I think it should exactly be restricted to factions. Not Sith and Jedi only though.

Edited by vandana_

And why is that difficult exactly? I think it should exactly be restricted to factions. Not Sith and Jedi only though.

In the movies Blaster fire was usually red regardless of side you are on, tie fighters and turret lasers were green, and x-wings red. So restricting it for faction for all classes doesn't make sense. I mean if you do buy the Sith use red Jedi blue and green why should my bounty hunter be restricted? I'm no imperial. And restricting it that way is annoying, complicated, and pointless.

Columi, Tionese and Rakata gear (for Sorcs, anyway) looks like it was designed for Elton John's Wedding Anniversary Extravagaynza.

It is seriously, seriously, seriously silly.

Arg, so silly.

Please, please, get help and make the endgame costumes better, more flexible - something - anything - but, please, please - get rid of them.

Arg, so silly.

Grievous was not a sith. Just a cyborg general who liked to use trophy sabers. Easy explanation.

The Mechanic as it stands does not disallow a Sith from using Blues and Greens, it is his alignment in regard to Dark and Light Side.

Grievous was quite the vicious and cruel bastard, hard to believe he could qualify for Light I in SWTOR....

As it stands my DSI Bounty Hunter cannot use these in his pistols...

He is not sith, just an ******e, and that of course translates to DS....

So, complaint is still lacking any sense, there is no mystical portion of the crystal that does not work for certain people based on accident of birth or life choices....

In regard to the color crystal changes, I'm concerned that the game's developers would sacrifice lore because of player complaints; it leads me to believe that the game is either not doing well and they believe that player placation is required, or lore is just not that important to the creative minds behind the game.

The latter of those two evils seems more likely and I fear it will lead to mediocrity in the game.

Edited by TruFyre

I find the crystal restrictions removal pretty stupid.

What is the point of being a light sith or dark jedi now other than just having a hard time for no reason?

All that trouble only to glow a different color when activating relics???

Finding out that there was no really different looking gear to be had after going the opposite way was bad enough, but now we can't even show off our alignment restricted lightsabers?

Serious bummer.

I always laugh when people defend alignment lockouts on crystals and try to justify it by saying in lore only sith use them. This is so very wrong.

Sith are mostly seen with red crystals because they don't have access to natural crystals (green, blue, etc) so they had to make their own synthetic ones. These synthetic crystals are red in color. Now you CAN make red more powerful with dark side empowerment but that is besides the point.

"While the Jedi used natural crystals, the Sith often used red-hued synthetic crystals."

Source: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lightsaber_crystals