Is it possible to use Kira as a Sentinel?

BongoFrenzy

As the title says: is it possible to use Kira as a Sentinel? I have previously hade difficulties using a DPS companion while I played a DPS, so I'm just a bit curious, as she is the only romance option for male Jedi Knights.

She's annoying. They almost had to model her after someones extra annoying girlfriend. The girl does have a nice rack though.

To love men is gay, but to love T7 is good taste. Kira is totally usable, and is the prefered companion for trashing through daily quests as quickly as possible when 50.

If you find yourself using Doc beyond Quesh, it is a sign that you aren't meant to be a Sentinel.

Edited by Asphen

I used Kira as my main companion, finding the DPS increase more useful than T7's tanking.

However... I should qualify that statement by saying that I SEVERELY decreased my downtime in fights by using the reusable Pure Shockfrozen Water to heal myself for like 7k on like a 5-6 second cooldown. A shame that made it consumable.

It was a breeze for leveling and I made a point to go get it as soon as I had access to Tatooine.

As the title says: is it possible to use Kira as a Sentinel? I have previously hade difficulties using a DPS companion while I played a DPS, so I'm just a bit curious, as she is the only romance option for male Jedi Knights.

Yes you can level with just Kira, Doc is safer and can decrease down time, but it's definitely possible to just use Kira on just about all of the content, it does get harder but it's far from impossible.

If you want to use another companion that may make fights easier (such as Doc) but want to build up your affection points with Kira you can simply dismiss and recall her whenever you are talking to quest givers or having a cut scene comes up (there's also gifts).

IMO once you get camo there is no reason not to use her, my favorite trick is to tank a champion mob till im almost dead, Kira still has full life, pop camo pop med pack and get back on the boss. Now she has agro and you can finish him off.

Kira is the fastest way to get through your daily quests, especially if you're watchman, you have enough cooldowns to go through many pulls without having to stop, when youd o it takes like 10s and you're back at it.

Doc is great also, esepcially if for some reason you pull double or if you're doing 2man heroics.

Gear Kira up and you'll profit.

funny last week I was doing daily in Ilum and I was afk just after finishing the turret quest with Kira out.

Some brand new 50 Operative came up and jumped me, I hit in once then figured... hey i'll let him kill me for the quicker gate back so I can get off htis dump.

Kira kicked his ***... granted he must not have been very good, and had no PvP gear on, my Kira is in full Cent with 2 pieces of Champ, she tore him to shreds, I wasn't even paying attention so I turned around, dispatch, dead.

I chuckled.

Kira is great, she's my favorite companion except maybe I like T7 more, he's cool... but she's my most geared companion by a long shot... Doc is getting closer

Edited by KruelhandJorb

I went from whenever I got Kira as a permanent companion to the end of my class quest(with the one notable exception that I won't spoil here) and the end of the Illum chain with Kira exclusively.

It was FAR harder than if I had switched to Doc, I can almost guarentee. But I'm lazy and it was easier to gear Kira up than Doc.

I'm artifice and I made sure we both had purple hilts at every upgrade level.

Edited by thanealpha

I mostly used Doc the entire 1-50 on my Sentinel, mostly because i did not like Kira killing things for me, i wanted to do the killing myself... not have someone come in and take the last hit and cancel my masterstrike and ruin my glory!

but i have started gearing her up lately in cent gear (replacing her level 23 ish gear bit by bit) when she is sufficiently geared to do damage even close to mine (currently isnt close, even with a centurion lightsaber) il keep her around a bit more

Edited by Ainianu

People underrate Doc's offense. It's not like he only heals and does nothing else. In situations where you aren't taking too much damage, he can actually dish out pretty decent DPS. I've seen him basically tank Strongs no problem. And with his healing, you basically have no downtime. I pretty much never had to rest between pulls once I got Doc.

People underrate Doc's offense. It's not like he only heals and does nothing else. In situations where you aren't taking too much damage, he can actually dish out pretty decent DPS. I've seen him basically tank Strongs no problem. And with his healing, you basically have no downtime. I pretty much never had to rest between pulls once I got Doc.

Don't remind me about Doc's offense. Despite having most damage skills turned off, that moron keeps firing on that Champion instead of healing me.

The trick is to gear her up just as swagged out as you are.

Orange chest at least and blue items.

As a Sentinel running Artiface - she almost never needs upgrades either. I can fully upgrade all of her stuff since she's also a force user and deck her out with up-to-date hilts/crystals/enhancements.

Honestly at one point around lvl 25~, she had better stats than my sentinel did.

^

On Belsavis I had a Sith 50 sorceror attack me while I was AFK getting a drink. I came back to my PC to see Kira finish him off. Hilarious. Not the first time she has solo'd another player either.

LUL @ this.

Proves my point. Kira is *********** BEASTLY when geared correctly.

She dishes out almost as much damage as me and is just as tanky!

LUL @ this.

Proves my point. Kira is *********** BEASTLY when geared correctly.

She dishes out almost as much damage as me and is just as tanky!

Level 30 sentinel vs level 33 Boss act 1 with kira dressed in dancer outfit hardly geared to the teeth lol getting mods been a pain still owned him... I guess my time leveling 50 SIN with only Ashara mostly prepared me for this lol. Send in companion on the biggest baddie leap sweep and kill off adds kill big baddie rinse repeat...

The trick is to gear her up just as swagged out as you are.

Orange chest at least and blue items.

As a Sentinel running Artiface - she almost never needs upgrades either. I can fully upgrade all of her stuff since she's also a force user and deck her out with up-to-date hilts/crystals/enhancements.

Honestly at one point around lvl 25~, she had better stats than my sentinel did.

You can buy the entire Republic Dancers out for real cheap (everything orange except for bracers/belt) and keep her very viable from the time you get her till lvl 50.

You can honestly get by with all of them if you really wanted too.

IMO though use doc and call it a day. Don't listen to that tool who said sents shouldn't be using doc... doc is our best companion as a dps class that cant heal itself (aside from our watchman heals) - so its a pretty easy call.

There isn't much you wont be able to solo out there really if you use doc, and have some decent gear on him. I threw champ pvp gear on all my companions since grinding bm+ gives stupid amounts of them. Like i said though if you really wanted to, im sure you could knock out most of your quests easily with any of them.