Why does the empire get more exclusive races then republic?

Cordarn

Togruta, Kel'Dor, or Nautolan for the Republic and all is good and equal!(any one of those of course, not all three)

Yes to this. If Togruta became a playable race, I'd re-roll another Sage in a heartbeat.

Lore wise, the Republic should definitely get more races than the Empire.

The Sith Empire is a xenophobic society. The only non-human race with any respect are the actual Sith Purebloods. Otherwise, in the Empire, if you're not human... you're a second-class citizen.

This is echoed in all the story lines where you interact with the Imperial body politic and chain of command. Aliens == Scum.

No wonder that more players choosed to play empire over republic when most of the cooler races are on empire side.

Republic needs exclusively playable togruta or cathar to make that even.

Edited by Lunablade

The counter argument is that republic has three races that can be all classes but empire has only two.

there are 19 race/class combos on republic and 19 race/class combos on empire.

R and E

Human and Zabrak can be any classes (4/4)

Mirakula and Sith Pureblood can only be their sides FS classes (2/2)

Repub Cyborg and Chiss can only be their sides nonFS classes (2/2)

Rat can be everything empire but a sith warrior (3 empire)

Repub Twilek can be everything repub but a trooper (3 republic)

Empire Cyborg can be everything Emp but a inqis (3 empire)

Mirilian can be everything republic! (4 republic)

Last to make up the slack, we get one class with Twilek (inq) (1 empire)

the only imbalance is that repub players who are set on a race are 50% more likely to find a class they want to play within it than empire. in exchange we get the silly twilek sorc.. which all look exactly the same red /black til they get ds pts then look white/black.

I haven't played the Sith side on Voss yet, pretty close, but as a Consular it seemed as if Voss was neutral but were leaning towards the Republic. Or, they were heavily favoring the Republic, they just couldn't declare yet. But I would like to have a Pub that is a Voss. Ended up being one of my favorite races in the game. Probably easy enough to add the little effect to their voice.

They end up neutral overall, some sith help them against sel makor thinking they have a super edge but jedi also help them against sel makor, so it's a stalemate.

About the race ****, you have to consider the character's backstory as well. Inquisitor is a slave, Warrior comes from a proud line of accomplished Sith, that narrows down races quite a bit.

They end up neutral overall, some sith help them against sel makor thinking they have a super edge but jedi also help them against sel makor, so it's a stalemate.

I don't think it's a stalemate. The Voss commandos are apart of the army the Consulars create. They may be neutral, but that is only to deal with their problems, which I won't spoil here. Still, I will play the Sith, but I'm fairly sure that the Consular stuff happens afterwards, but we shall see.

• 3 weeks later...
Ok Ive seen threads like this before, but it hasn't happened yet so I will keep it going.

Here is what is unfair, the empire gets about one more exclusive races then the republic.

Here is the list:

empires exclusive:

Sith pureblood,

Chiss,

Rattataki.

Republic exclusive races:

Miraluka,

Mirialan.

And when you take into account nobody wants to play a napkin-face, it becomes even more lopsided in the Imperial favor.