The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Can't decide on spec. 0/13/28 or 8/6/27 ??

MatzahMaul

0/13/28

http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/bounty_hunter/powertech/#::f20e3f6ef2efe2f3e6fef2efefefe2

or

8/6/27

http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/bounty_hunter/powertech/#::fef5ef5ef6efef12ef3e6fef2dfefefe2

I plan on pvping at some point, as I am only level 24 at the moment. I have no guild and no real desire to do end ops.

Which would you go with and why?

Someone has no idea what he's talking about. Or is being criminally sarcastic.

Actually there is absolutely no reason to put 13points in AP as a Pyro. I wouldnt say "Horrible" dps, but still below at least a handful other Pyro specs.

I've done partial AP, here's why it sucks. The AP dot just isn't very good, it seems all around okay but if you're rolling pyro you tend to kill stuff to fast for the dot to kick in, and its very melee which is annoying, when i rolled with 11 27 I found myself using the blade less and less. Its just not very good.

If you're planning to run high energy cylinder, don't bother. The loss of snares on flame burst makes it much harder to stick to people, and very difficult to land RP which is a huge problem. I roll 8 8 25, and would recommend it.

If you are going for straight DPS, the best spec is just the basic 4/6/31 pyro spec. Thermal Detonator is brutal in pvp.

It seems like you are going for somewhat of a healer killer with those points in AP, don't bother. As full pyro you can already destroy healers without much effort if you know what youre doing.

The utility talents in AP look nice, but are not as good as you would think, compared to the other damage talents.

If you are going for straight DPS, the best spec is just the basic 4/6/31 pyro spec. Thermal Detonator is brutal in pvp.

It seems like you are going for somewhat of a healer killer with those points in AP, don't bother. As full pyro you can already destroy healers without much effort if you know what youre doing.

The utility talents in AP look nice, but are not as good as you would think, compared to the other damage talents.

If going 13 in AP is too much in AP, I would be inclined to go the other spec. with the 9% Aim bonus. Unless of course having Thermal Detonator is better than an extra chunk of Aim?

Would 4/6/31 be better than 8/6/27?

Edited by MatzahMaul

If going 13 in AP is too much in AP, I would be inclined to go the other spec. with the 9% Aim bonus. Unless of course having Thermal Detonator is better than an extra chunk of Aim?

Would 4/6/31 be better than 8/6/27?

Sadly, AP is a horrible tree.

For PvE, the Aim is better than TD. For PvP, TD is better than Aim.

8/6/27 is the current top PvE dps spec.

I find I do more dps with 8 8 25 than with a 31 pyro spec but at the cost of some range, due to heat savings and overall dmg increase to my abilities.

How can you be so sure? There are no meters.

Plus do you not use Explosive Dart? TD replaces it and they both have the same heat cost. Meaning if you are saving heat in some way, where?

I do not use explosive dart, I save heat in that I'm using exclusively FB and RP which have an effective heat cost of 11, where as TD is an effective heat cost of 16 and this tends to push you out of 5 heat per second and cost you even more heat in the end, coupled with increased dmg on RP/FB/RS I find it does more damage. I've tested it on council in SoA and in VS in a 100% uptime fight.