Do you want the level cap increased past 50?

FooBard

It's going to happen, so why don't we just wait until it happens to whine about it. People like to whine so much they think about things a year in advance so they can whine about it twice.

Since you have a magic crystal ball... Please PM me with who is going to win the Super Bowl next year so I can win a little bit of extra money.

:rolleyes:

http://na.cityofheroes.com/en/

Game has had a 50 level cap since 2004. It's still here. Fairly content playerbase too.

But they increased before (40 -50). So they are not in a "Virgin state" in that matter:D

And following all what is been talked in the foruns in the last weeks, probably they will rise again soon (50-60), but it's just speculations yet.

But as i used to say, "where there's smoke there's fire"!:cool:

Edited by Vespertilius

The problem is though, once they raise the cap, those 4,523 flash points and 2,199 war zones are never played again... they all turn to dust and blow away in the wind. :(

Good point, but they can make each of those flash points geared to a specific level.

I know, lots of work but still.

For example: they could have a flash point called , let's say , Core invasion part I, where it is accessible after a series of quests, and perhaps a level requirement of 50.

then the new "Heroic" quest line can lead you through a series of other quests that would get you the Core invasion part II at Level 60.

all the while, in between going through heroic quests, and FPs that go along with that particular story.

okay, the original quest at 50 (core invasion part I) can be paled again at a level 60 level adding part two to it.

In essence you will play it again. Also there will be HM and NM modes for each

I dunno, Just a thought.can also be played again.

I know doesn't really solve your statement. :(

The splash screen says "interlude" when you finish you class storyline, clearly implying the story will continue. Questing without level gain is pretty unlikely I think. Unless they invent a whole alternative advancement system, which I also find unlikely since raising the cap is easier.

• 3 weeks later...

The game's substance lies in its leveling. If they added more levels, I would resub to play through those levels and cancel again at the level cap.

This game is just a single player RPG. You can't seriously suggest that the content they have in place at 50 passes for end game.

The game's substance lies in its leveling. If they added more levels, I would resub to play through those levels and cancel again at the level cap.

This game is just a single player RPG. You can't seriously suggest that the content they have in place at 50 passes for end game.

Yes, because they will never, ever add anything new to the endgame.

:jawa_confused:

I wouldn't mind not having an increase in the level cap if we get a whole new chapter, like 10 levels worth of questing and stuff.

Does it really matter if they have it or not? A character level is just a visual representation. A level 50 in full T2 gear is "higher level" than a player who just turned 50 wearing questing gear. And further down the road a T4 player will be 'higher level' than the T2 player. There is no difference in progression whether they increase character levels or not, because RPGs have always been based on some form of progression of the character.

Yes, because they will never, ever add anything new to the endgame.

:jawa_confused:

I wouldn't mind not having an increase in the level cap if we get a whole new chapter, like 10 levels worth of questing and stuff.

Yes, because anything that add to end game inevitably means they're adding something substantial. See what I did there?

It's been 1/4 of a year, they've added new things to the end game, people are still starving. You can't understand the subtle meaning in my post? They may add end game content, but the leveling stories were the only things of substance. Substance. Substance.

I've never read anywhere about them ever increasing the level cap...

But.... I Seriously hope they NEVER do this.

To me, it adds NOTHING to end game except a necessary chore to get to the next phase of End Game...

and, it virtually Negates ALL Existing end game content.

Do you hope they increase the level cap one day? Or leave it at 50 and just expand in other avenues?

Thoughts?

i second this

Will they increase the level cap, I'd say that is by and away the most likely thing to happen. I understand the idea that raising level cap obsoletes current end game content and that seems very wasteful, but it is the defacto standard of MMO design of late, and although BW has broke with tradition in a few place, SWTOR's design is not well build to avoid a level cap raise.

They would have to just increase gear stats which would be a problem in its own probably from a pvp stand point. Since leveling was SW:TOR strong point I think I wouldn't mind and extra 5 or so levels at their next expansion, it will be a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time before it is released anyways due to the amount of voice overs and adding stories to each class.

Actually they've said that they have hundreds of hours of voice acting that hasn't been used yet already done for such expansions. It won't take as long as you might think.

:csw_redsaber::csw_bluesaber: