Speech Bubbles , a "must have"

StefanosX

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, chat is a pain without speech bubbles. It is nearly impossible to chat with a passer-by and we cannot roleplay only by emotions and moves.

And I encourage the players to try and chat with others, without speech bubbles the guy next to you will never even notice that you are saying something...

I make a plea to all that agree, to make a stand about the matter. Oh, and cabbage gives me the wind!

I completely agree. I haven't seen any official statements from BW on the subject but I would imagine that they will rectify this. Kind of silly thing to leave out though. Bad oversight imo.

Add this to the dozens of other missing key features that every MMO has to have but BioWare some how forgot to add.

Guild Banks

LFG Tool

Toggling on all Map Tracking options

Movable & Customizable UI

Target of Target

Mouse over healing

Macros

Multi-Speccing

There is so many things missing. So I guess that's what we'll have to look forward to for the next year while they finish the game.

Add this to the dozens of other missing key features that every MMO has to have but BioWare some how forgot to add.

Guild Banks

LFG Tool

Toggling on all Map Tracking options

Movable & Customizable UI

Target of Target

Mouse over healing

Macros

Multi-Speccing

There is so many things missing. So I guess that's what we'll have to look forward to for the next year while they finish the game.

Nothing on that list was worth delaying the game over to include though. What is in works, stuff like these features can be added in time.

And yes I miss chat bubbles as well. Playing on a RP server and having people RP in party chat just isn't the same.

I agree, and make /say and /general appear in different colours in the chat-bar, to make it easier to differentiate.

I thought you could customise the colours? I'll look when we get back in, I'm sure I bought up a colour wheel at one stage when playing around with the chat settings.

I thought you could customise the colours? I'll look when we get back in, I'm sure I bought up a colour wheel at one stage when playing around with the chat settings.

Right click on "General Tab" -> "chat settings" -> customize colors and channels

While we are at it (+1 for speech bubbles by the way, of course), I would really appreciate if they split the "System" channel into a dozen separate ones. I don't care about half of what it displays, while In care about a couple of other things. For example, I want to see items I loot in the chat, but I don't want to see every "you got 100 xp" or "you looted 4 credits" message spam it while questing.

It is a hassle considering I do usually keep my chat log closed (I am not a fan of it in the top left corner, such an eye sore), but at the same time I like to chat to people in the area I am, and there is the same chance their chat log is closed as well and they won't get the message. Good to see they are going to implement them.

I can't say they are a must have and personally find them very annoying and people spam with them.

Your opinion is a common one, there should be an on/off option. But it is nearly impossible to roleplay without them... the magic is lost by trying to look on the chat panel.

Unless someone sends me a tell I dont even notice (and even then I miss most of them) I agree that we need them but I see them as a necessary evil. I dont want the world to be full of speach bubles but now the chat window is worthless.