Sages Up at lvl 50.

Soultyr

I think so, at lvl 50 they are very soft. (they have plenty of hp at low levels because bubble starts off very powerful).

Mind you I am talking high lvl pvp. Why do you think otherwise?

The sheer amount of utility the class has should make up for being "soft".

Mind you Sorcs have the best CC, best mitigation (yea the shield counts), best mobility, best heals and some of the best sustained dmg in the game.

If anything the fact that you take a little more dmg from kinetic attacks just isn't enough.

The sheer amount of utility the class has should make up for being "soft".

Mind you Sorcs have the best CC, best mitigation (yea the shield counts), best mobility, best heals and some of the best sustained dmg in the game.

If anything the fact that you take a little more dmg from kinetic attacks just isn't enough.

Shield is nice but other classes have much more dps, as well as equivalent armor.

I think that sage mobility is overrated. You get sprint but sages cannot damage and run at the same time, they have to plant to attack and the hybrid is based off procs. So you fight for 3 seconds then someone attacks you directly and a sage has only one option run. Every class has something to prevent an opponent from running away.

Troopers can attack while they kite, and have more dps. They only have 1 less cc a slow thats it.

Sage mobility is really a myth.

Shield is nice but other classes have much more dps, as well as equivalent armor.

I think that sage mobility is overrated. You get sprint but sages cannot damage and run at the same time, they have to plant to attack and the hybrid is based off procs. So you fight for 3 seconds then someone attacks you directly and a sage has only one option run. Every class has something to prevent an opponent from running away.

Troopers can attack while they kite, and have more dps. They only have 1 less cc a slow thats it.

1v1 yes they can have hard times against certain melees. Really depends on spec. However, in warzones you top medals, damage, kills etc. If you can't, then learn to play.

Sprint is all you need friend, its like you feel entitled to have everything.

The comment in question was in relation to your survivability and you've proven that you can endure/get away just fine. Every class has a weakness and just because you cant do your optimal rotation on the run doesn't mean crap.

1v1 yes they can have hard times against certain melees. Really depends on spec. However, in warzones you top medals, damage, kills etc. If you can't, then learn to play.

This post is not a reference to 1v1 but you should not assume that its always 8 sages or sorcs on beck and call either. Any class can dominate a warzone in terms of damage thats really a null point.

Hybrids Sages depend on dots and channels for procs, which do not scale well at lvl 50 pvp. Sages have no hard hitting attacks and must burn the opponent through mobility (which is not that impressive) and cc.

Sages are extremly equipment sensitive for damage so I really just wanted to discuss how well sages scale with equipment, because in my point of view they are very underpowered. broken (Think telekinetic 31 pt or Balance 31 pt).

Sprint is all you need friend, its like you feel entitled to have everything.

The comment in question was in relation to your survivability and you've proven that you can endure/get away just fine. Every class has a weakness and just because you cant do your optimal rotation on the run doesn't mean crap.

Lets not drag this into a qq thread and keep it civil.

not optimal does not mean no attack though, so I am not sure what you mean.

Sages have more than one weakness, its built into the class. They can be outdpsed (nearly all classes), slowed and have less health.

The class is built as support, that much should be obvious. So its seems like its not really built as a dps support though more like a healer. (would you agree?)

Edited by Soultyr

This post is not a reference to 1v1 but you should not assume that its always 8 sages or sorcs on beck and call either. Any class can dominate a warzone in terms of damage thats really a null point.

Hybrids Sages depend on dots and channels for procs, which do not scale well at lvl 50 pvp. Sages have no hard hitting attacks and must burn the opponent through mobility (which is not that impressive) and cc.

Sages are extremly equipment sensitive for damage so I really just wanted to discuss how well sages scale with equipment, because in my point of view they are very underpowered. broken (Think telekinetic 31 pt or Balance 31 pt).

You have 30m range so I don't know what the problem is except for powertechs which hit hard. As a marauder/juggernaut do you have any idea how annoying it is to be slowed all the time due to force lighting and force slow? You have electrocute, instand whirlwind, root from overload, blind from broken static barrier, force speed, purge, and heals. Seriously do you need more?

You have 30m range so I don't know what the problem is except for powertechs which hit hard. As a marauder/juggernaut do you have any idea how annoying it is to be slowed all the time due to force lighting and force slow? You have electrocute, instand whirlwind, root from overload, blind from broken static barrier, force speed, purge, and heals. Seriously do you need more?

Gap closers, every class has one except ranged classes, not sure where your going with that when it is clear that 1v1 sages are not viable. I really do not care if they are or are not. If I wanted 1v1 I would have gone melee.

Sages dont have all you mentioned, since you have to spec into all of those. Only the hybrid can use them, which I hope they nerf since it is just a stat padding class.

Regardless I am more focused on discussing damage not utility, the class has to plant to hit and the damage it does is all fluff stat pad damage.

The only viable spec for sages seems to be healer.

I don't have any experience with Sages, however I do have a level 50 Sorcerer (champion geared) and from my experience I don't think they are either underpowered or overpowered. They are just right in balance. It is true they are quite gear dependant but that appears to be the case for all classes in this game.

More importantly though, OP is going to be slammed for being a 'troll' or stupid because everyone in this forum seems to think Sorc/Sage are overpowered... but does anyone have any actual video evidence of a so called uber mobility/utility hybrid sorc smashing down groups of players? Because I can say I've certainly never done it, nor have I seen it done.

Sorc/Sage have great ranged DPS and short term survivability. They're good at getting away from things (though not the best; see vanish) which is probably responsible for some frustration on other classes parts.

But they're also fairly bad at 1v1s if the other has equivalent gear. Not terrible no, but far worse than many other classes. Their CCs also have very little significance in group fights despite what people will say. Here's why, as I see it:

Whirlwind is broken at the slightest touch (see AOEs, a good portion of our damage right there), or just broken out of with the CD skill. This makes 1v2 impractical.

Electrocute has a big CD on it (once per fight max basically) and only lasts about the duration of one heal in any case;

Stun Bubble doesn't work half the time, probably due to resolve, but either way it doesn't help me a lot in fights. Overload is good but likewise it gets resisted constantly especially by melee classes (and it has no significance to ranged)

Likewise force slow is helpful but most melee classes have a charge/stun. In the span of that stun they can take down quite a lot of HP. Overload them back and they can still normally do some ranged attack; I've been killed by that saber throw move dozens of times. Admittededly some melee classes can be weak in a 1v1, but I still generally lose in these fights.

Anyway, if anyone has a video demonstrating the point I'd love to see it. I've looked and there really isn't anything around that shows Sorc/Sage to be anything but good but not great. Marauders and Sentinels who take down 3-4 people in a row 1v2-3 are a good example of exactly what we can't do.

Not underpowered as such. Just average.

As a dps class sorcs don't bring the sheer power and assist train goodness of powertechs and marauders.

They are easy to shut down and squishy to kill.

Well played they can be decent rdps, but really you'd just take 1 sorc for the healing. Merc for your 2nd healer for 8man.

Edited by Redmarx