What do you think of the new medal system?

Aidank

We'll still get more valor for winning a match. Let's assume that almost everybody can get 4 medals per match unless it is laughably uneven (i.e. match opens with 4 people on your side, opponents cap and farm you). Everybody is guaranteed 2000 valor for completing a game. This clearly addresses ragequitting/lossquitting, a problem which a lot of people on these forums have been concerned about. Knowing they are guaranteed 2000 valor, they may be led to focus on actually winning the match (for the bonus valor from winning). This makes sense to me.

Actually, I expect it addresses a number of other pathologies. Take healing. This change addresses people going out of combat trying to get the 5k healing medal instead of actually healing their teammates or doing damage in the fight, or healers outside combat trying to pump themselves up to 300k. Or healers who try to dps instead of keeping their teammates alive just for the medals. Now, healers have 4 easy medals to win: 10 kills, killing blow, 2.5K, 75K.

However, I think you could achieve the same effects by having (as somebody posted above) a system of rapidly diminishing returns above x number of medals.

But I won't prejudge the system until I see how it works. My server has a decent pvp community (i.e. a lot of players who do try to work together and win), so it may not have a huge impact.

Come on, lets be honest. Getting a lot of medals was more a factor of what role you played, not how well you played.

a sorc that gets 4 medals will be rewarded the same as a sorc who gets 11. not cool

i've also read they will be adding a plethora of new medals soon

all of which will serve no purpose whatsoever if this change goes live

a sorc that gets 4 medals will be rewarded the same as a sorc who gets 11. not cool

i've also read they will be adding a plethora of new medals soon

all of which will serve no purpose whatsoever if this change goes live

More like a healer Sorc that carries the fight gets 4 medals while I slap Guard on someone and get that many in 2 seconds.

More like a healer Sorc that carries the fight gets 4 medals while I slap Guard on someone and get that many in 2 seconds.

so ur saying biowares solution to healers not having enough medals is to make every medal above 4 worthless

ok bro

i think this is the best answer to exploiting ilum by Kill Trading bioWare could have come up with.

Why Exploit when I can make good Valor in Warzones.

I just battlemaster on my Trooper Friday.

I don't Trade Kill and I report those that do

I earned my title.

I watched someone (no names so Bioware doesn't 'warn' me again) but someone that I saw Valor Rank 30ish then I saw them again three weeks later Valor Rank 72 - how the bleepity bleep did that happen?

In Warzones? Nope... Trade Killing is how - now people who don't exploit the game can actually reach battlemaster without Spending 24/7 in the Warzones.

I don't care what people say the Medals USED to be worth a los was around 500 Valor and a win around 1500 - 2k

When I was doing that last 10k for battlemaster I watched and Warzone losses where I had 7 or 8 medals 500 some points - below 600 anyway.

Now even if we are losing if I am doing my part I can still earn valor.

People will stay in matches longer as a result as well.

So the other team is kicking our bleep, if I earn my 4 medals I am still going to get Valor so let me stick it out until the end instead of mass leaving in the middle of the fight.

Good Job bioware - you addressed the "We aren't winning so I am leaving" issue, helped make Kill Trading in Ilum less of an enticement and are rewarding those of us who enjoy competing in PvP and know that Defending a Turret for 15 boring Minutes while your team mates rack up kills is still an important aspect of the win.

I read earlier someone said they get 4 medals ALWAYS within 45 seconds of match start - good for them - I don't I usually get 6 to 8 tokens but I am more focused on objectives then getting that extra Medal for 300k damage or singling someone out so I can get that one on one medal.

I love the change.