My intended-to-be-darkside Juggernaut... is going lightside.

Flyceratops

(Note: If you haven't finished Tatooine I wouldn't look here, unless you don't care about minor plot spoilers in which case feel free.).

So I was rocking the whole 'honorable dark side Sith' thing, but then came Tatooine and the Force-reflection telling me about peace and the lightside and all that, and I just couldn't bring myself to kill him.

And every since then my responses with this character have changed - he's no longer killing people just for being members of the Republic, or because they insulted the Empire or the Sith, or for any reason like that. He's started killing only in self-defense.

I used to say that he was a 'furious bringer of justice with bad intentions' sort of character, but now the darkside stuff he's doing is seeming more like it's a facade and less like he's actually the furious-bringer-of-justice he was before the reflection got to him. (Also, I've gone from Dark III to Dark I. ._.).

Has this happened to anyone else? It's annoying me quite a bit because I WANTED a darkside character, gosh darn it (my Operative was lightside because the darkside choices seemed pretty nonsensical to me.).

i was allways taking darkside options myself but it is not allways for the good of the empire....

Similar thing with me. I wanted to play a character that DS, driven purely by passions but won't hesitate to spare people if that benefits the Empire.

Problem is, even though there were moments I could have spared someone, I killed them regardless cause they usually gave me a lot of trouble before finally catching them. Thus I ended with maybe 2 or 3 LS choices throughout the storyline. What good is benefitting the Empire when the guy can laugh at your face that despite all the threats, you couldn't put your money where your mouth is. Once you get hooked on being remorseless, you just can't stop it.

Know what you mean OP. although I love the plot development with every class, sometimes the response choices leave me saying, "what?" like when i get light side points for lying out like a dog, but if i tell the truth...i get dark side points. even when the result isn't a dark option!

My favorite whacky one is actually on repub side. A generic quest (all classes) in the senate building. outside is a girl who asks you to steal information from a droid in side to help the rebellion. innocent girl,lost her father, senate lying to hide it, yada yada. so you go in and grab said info from the robot...

...and someon catches you and demands that you return it, saying that interrupting the democratic process is some kinda horrible. your light side choice is to actually agree with him, and hand over bogus information (deceiving the girl), and then lying to her about it (yeah...my jedi lied to get light points). the darkside option was to refuse the guy and get the information on the crooked senate member....um,yeah...OK.

I actually felt guilty handing the bogus information over to her! she was so happy....

so yeah...my first sith I wanted to play the "support the empire" idea rather then just total random chaotic whatever...and you dont even get light side for that. it ends up being an odd mix, and you can't get past light I or dark I to save your life.

Personally, i figured supporting the empire with your decisions is a dark path...but i guess the only way to be "dark" is to be some horrid blood thirsty psycho. Darth Vader does not come across as that in the movies if you ask me....

Personally, i figured supporting the empire with your decisions is a dark path...but i guess the only way to be "dark" is to be some horrid blood thirsty psycho. Darth Vader does not come across as that in the movies if you ask me....

Didnt Darth Vader ( AKA Anakin Skywalker ) butcher all the little young jedi in the temple? and killed mace windu... and all the tuskens... the list goes on...he was pretty bloodthisty when you look at him over the long haul

Didnt Darth Vader ( AKA Anakin Skywalker ) butcher all the little young jedi in the temple? and killed mace windu... and all the tuskens... the list goes on...he was pretty bloodthisty when you look at him over the long haul

I think both of you have a point in that the portrayal of him didn't show him to be that driven by emotion, just doing what he was told (the tusken thing the only real exception of it). I don't know if that can be blamed on Lucas's writing or Hayden's acting, or both.

In this game most of the murdering you do you seem to get actual joy out of.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.