Dots no longer helpful in defense???????

TyrantLeader

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i can partially understand this. there is one AOE dot that is super annoying. i believe the agent does it. essentially, it's an AOE cast that stays there emitting fire for like 20 seconds. any bad can just spawn and cast that, then die, and not be as bad as he actually is.

if anything, they should nerf that specific AOE, but let direct DOTs still interrupt item interaction.

however, in the end, to completely remove the effectiveness of DOTs is just a really dumb move. the game is better off as it is currently than with the proposed change.

DOTing people as you die is NOT a tactic.

Stopping doors from being capped should be awarded to people who are STAYING alive...which requires far more tactics than just dotting people up.

dotting people to keep them from capping something while attacking someone else is a tactic, i agree with the dot and die one not being a tactic, but all they had to do to fix that was make dots stop when the player who cast them was killed.

so now as a dot marauder i won't be able to stop anyone from capping the door unless i use my weak dd attacks instead of my dots that i've invested all my point into, it's just stupid.

Edited by Evuke

dotting people to keep them from capping something while attacking someone else is a tactic, i agree with the dot and die one not being a tactic, but all they had to do to fix that was make dots stop when the player who cast them was killed.

so now when anyone is anywhere near a door as a dot marauder i won't be able to stop anyone from capping the door unless i use my weak dd attacks, it's just stupid.

you have attack buttons. if you are alive you can actively stop someone.

dots were ********. not a tactic.

This change needed to happen. There is no reason a rolling dot from a dead person should stop you from taking an objective. initial damage should, but not the rolling dot.

Bioware is moving in the right direction.

dots from DEAD players should get worn off but suppose 2 people attack and 1 tries to cap right away i should have the tactic to dot him and then attack the other knowing that if other person tries to cap again and again he wont cap. but once again when I DIE the dots should wear off.

so now when anyone is anywhere near a door as a dot marauder i won't be able to stop anyone from capping the door unless i use my weak dd attacks, it's just stupid.

THIS!!! what about classes that use dots as their rotation... they have to break rotation to cause white damage to couple of idiots trying to cap.

so all a team has to do now to cap doors/turrets is at the start just run up, 4 per side, and all click on cap at once and KEEP clicking on cap, seeing most aoe's are dots (are channeled abilities classed as damage over time too? they are certainly not instant damage), most marauders damage comes from dots, most sorcs damage comes from dots, also assault bh's and dot operatives.......chances are someone will get the cap seeing failware have just negated most of the a/c's damage attacks. Edited by Evuke

Because it was stupid that people could just AOE DoT and prevent everyone from capping for 21 secs after they died.

A DOT causes damage to an enemy player. Damage will remove the count down towards the objective.

In order to stop the count down, say in Alderaan, you have to do damage to said player.

Again, a DOT causes damage. Why does it not stop them from completing the objective? IT DOES DAMAGE.

Really?

All the people whining about making PvP easymode? Easymode was being able to throw DoT's around and defend a node against multiple people even when you weren't there. Sorry, but that was just dumb, it wasn't a "tactic" or a "skill" at all.

A DOT causes damage to an enemy player. Damage will remove the count down towards the objective.

In order to stop the count down, say in Alderaan, you have to do damage to said player.

Again, a DOT causes damage. Why does it not stop them from completing the objective? IT DOES DAMAGE.

Quite simple. It must be a player that does the damage, and not a DoT. No other MMO of this style I have played allows DoT's to prevent objective capture. As it is now I could put a 5 hour un-dispellable DoT on you that ticks for 0 damage, and you would never be able to interact with the objective.

Quite simple. It must be a player that does the damage, and not a DoT. No other MMO of this style I have played allows DoT's to prevent objective capture. As it is now I could put a 5 hour un-dispellable DoT on you that ticks for 0 damage, and you would never be able to interact with the objective.

That is the thing though. Your 5 hour DOT will not make me take damage, so I should still be able to capture the objective because damage SHOULD cause the timer to be stopped, not the DOT itself, but the damage form the DOT.

EDIT: Maybe they need to make it to where damage cause you to not capture the objective, not the DOT itself, but the damage.

Edited by T-Nutz

That is the thing though. Your 5 hour DOT will not make me take damage, so I should still be able to capture the objective because damage SHOULD cause the timer to be stopped, not the DOT itself, but the damage form the DOT.

lol. that makes sense.

damage from a alive player should stop cap even if i take off my shorts and fart in your direction for 1 hp damage or atleast slow.

Damage from my previous death should not still occur.. same effect can be seen on stealth classes sometimes that can't stealth after respawn for some reason be cause they are sitll in combat??? this is retarded.

The people who don't read there skills or don't help other people probably don't know about "DoT cleansing" which is fairly easy on only a 4s cooldown....... To put it simple children got on the forum and ruined it for the rest of us

Oh, really? Please tell me where my Cleanse is on my Sith Juggernaut! I clearly don't know how to play since I clearly missed it.

Even if I was a Marauder, my DoT cleanse would have been on a 1 minute cooldown, not 4 seconds. The only classes that have a 4s cooldown on their cleanses are the healer-capable ACs, and they can't even cleanse all types of DoTs unless they're full healer spec.

I would like to be able to cap a point without a healer babysitting me, in other words. Sounds to me like you don't know what any other class is capable of because you rolled a lolMerc to spam 1 button all day.

its a much needed change. I could sit at a door on my sentinel and ward of 3-4 people for a good 20 seconds, and in that time I had them all dotted and they wouldn't be able to plant for an additional 10 sec, by that time I'm almost back at them pew pewing.

Yeah it sucks in a few ways, but it makes so much more sense to have it this way. Now if they could fix they stealth CCing that never ends...

its a much needed change. I could sit at a door on my sentinel and ward of 3-4 people for a good 20 seconds, and in that time I had them all dotted and they wouldn't be able to plant for an additional 10 sec, by that time I'm almost back at them pew pewing.

Yeah it sucks in a few ways, but it makes so much more sense to have it this way. Now if they could fix they stealth CCing that never ends...

But that is the thing. Your DOT will cause them to take damage, so they should not even be able to cap a door/turret.

Damage should cause the player to not be able to cap.

EDIT: Maybe they need to make it to where damage cause you to not capture the objective, not the DOT itself, but the damage.

You have misunderstood one of the basic methods the game handles events. The event of my DoT doing 0 damage to you will activate the action interruption currently built into the game when it applies damage to your character, even if that number is 0. What BioWare is going to do is simply go to every individual DoT in the game, and either specify it as "DoT damage" that will not cause your character to interrupt itself or otherwise remove the skill from the list of abilities that will do that.

I don't know if absorbed damage will interrupt an action, but I can imagine it will.