1.1.5 Just got Updated.

OrionDammit

Illum time line

game released people hit 50 illum= nice place to meet opposite faction swap control of base while chatting, daily done quick travel to fleet

BW try to fix illum, create a crazy spawn camp where people cant get off illum and people get crazy valour

BW try to fix again, spawn camping gone but its a free for all with your own faction to get nodes to do dailys (AND CRAZY RED TEXT SPAM later fixed)

BW announce patch 1.1.5, give up on illum, no need to go there now

So BW if you first dont succeed try and try again then forget it !

Ilum 1.0 was the best Ilum.

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Read the bolded section. 40 WZ coms per match now... that is all.

edit: I do love everything else though. 2k valor per match will be really really nice.

2K valor will help players on low pop servers get through early valor levels. Problem though is once you get above 60 valour rank then 2K just becomes a drop in the ocen in terms of the amount you need to climb a level.

Edited by Ewgal

Right now you get 5 comms per medal I think.

That's just from medals, you get some comms just for playing too (and more for winning).

Basically if you get 4 medals in the future it'll be like you got 8 now, at least regarding commendations.

Good or bad depending on how well you did on medals previously, overall doesn't really change much.

Seriously,

Read what you just posted: The reason for this change is exactly why it was changed to this.

You do NOT gain more coms for winning fast in hutball for example. Because noone was able to break 4 medals in that type of match. Which translates to 30-40 coms at best for the losing team. They nerf'd high com gains while balancing 5-7min match wins in hutball making com gains more consistant for both teams win or lose.

Now your saying it doesn't matter as long as you get 4 medals (which should be easy to do for everyone) Then why did you people insist on winning matches in under 5-7minutes prior to this patch with the explanation of "We get more coms."? Fact is no you didn't.

Now it no longer matters if you win in 5-7 minutes because most people will have similar com gains for 3-4 badges while still getting more coms for actually winning.

So many people who can't mathamucashun. I find it comical.

Edited by Ahebish

Based on how the buff mechanic functions, I would assume you only get credit while they're in combat. Meaning you would have to wait until everyone was in combat and then drop an aoe heal. Then you'd get credit for everyone they killed yeah.

It's really no different than dropping an aoe damage spell on that area though.

Well, what's the difference between throwing an aoe heal and throwing out your class buff? If you class buff someone who's in combat you get into combat. Could you get kills that way before?

Well, what's the difference between throwing an aoe heal and throwing out your class buff? If you class buff someone who's in combat you get into combat. Could you get kills that way before?

No.

You could only get kills for actively damaging an enemy who was killed.

People who were healing got 0 credit for kills while they were healing/buffing people.

The only way for them to get credit for kills was to STOP healing you and toss out damage moves, thus defeating the purpose of being a pure healer.

Two things:

1. Open world pvp sucks

2. Players affected by a Damage Over Time ability are no longer interrupted when interacting with objectives.

They should change it to "Players affected by any damage ability are no longer interrupted when interacting with objectives."

Its still dmg, just like any other attack.

No.

You could only get kills for actively damaging an enemy who was killed.

People who were healing got 0 credit for kills while they were healing/buffing people.

The only way for them to get credit for kills was to STOP healing you and toss out damage moves, thus defeating the purpose of being a pure healer.

Well, can you do it after the change with your class buff?

I'm pretty pissed about this medal thing. I average 7-8 medals a match and felt good when I got 9. I didn't "farm" medals - I earned them by making my focus on winning objectives. Not *** is the point?

No you didn't. You played a hybrid healing or tank spec and followed a zerg group around so you could get as many kills as possible. Averaging 8 medals a match meant you never guarded a door or turret where no enemy attacked and therefore never focussed on objectives at all.

Don't get me wrong, 8 medals per match meant you definitely contributed to winning and I'm impressed but it's actually the people you left behind to guard who won those warzones for you, otherwise those turrets and doors would get capped.

The reward cap on medals is a good idea. I've played many WZs where the winners of the match were on the bottom of the list in medals awarded. Like others have been saying, you don't win Huttball and defend doors by doing the most DPS. I get so frustrated when carrying the ball and none of my team is even near me to throw to. They're off fighting in some corner somewhere. I think this should help that.

I can only hope that the other changes to Valor and kill-credit in WZs is a temporary fix until they can do something about the performance in Ilum. I should not need a high end machine just to play there. I would think that Ilum battles won't die even with the WZ buff, rather they will be more manageable until a more permanent fix .

This game is young. It will work out its kinks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kn6Z2Mop5I

since DOTs is pretty much all I do...sounds like i just got pwnt from being a defender

I would sometimes on my healer operative put corrosive dart on as many targets as I could if I knew I would be biting the dust and it would hopefully buy enough time for backup. So, yeah.

I now have no reason to keep my guard on people to get the 50k medal. Looks like all I have to do now is taunt and not even guard one person. I like that! Easy valor, easy gear, Easy game

Just like healing no one cares if you do 10k prot or 100k so I was only doing it for the medal. Now that I get nothing for it I will not be guarding anyone.

Love this game but now am seriously contemplating cancelling my sub with how easy they are making this. I was really hoping this game would take a few years or at least months before it went down the WoW road of giving everyone top gear....Luckily ME3 is coming out on the 6th then its over to diablo 3 TBA.

I now have no reason to keep my guard on people to get the 50k medal. Looks like all I have to do now is taunt and not even guard one person. I like that! Easy valor, easy gear, Easy game

Just like healing no one cares if you do 10k prot or 100k so I was only doing it for the medal. Now that I get nothing for it I will not be guarding anyone.

Love this game but now am seriously contemplating cancelling my sub with how easy they are making this. I was really hoping this game would take a few years or at least months before it went down the WoW road of giving everyone top gear....Luckily ME3 is coming out on the 6th then its over to diablo 3 TBA.

You were only guarding people for the medal?

Not to reduce damage on important members of your team?

Why are you even a tank at all?

Owait, duh.. the medals.

You were only guarding people for the medal?

Not to reduce damage on important members of your team?

Why are you even a tank at all?

Owait, duh.. the medals.

I am sure in your gaming world you live in pvp harmony where everyone heals and helps everyone out but the unfortunate thing is that no one really cares if they get healed or protected. So yes I do it for the medals. If a win comes with it then its all a plus. Now I have no reason to guard at all. So I can die faster and get nothing from it? No thanks.

I am sure in your gaming world you live in pvp harmony where everyone heals and helps everyone out but the unfortunate thing is that no one really cares if they get healed or protected. So yes I do it for the medals. If a win comes with it then its all a plus. Now I have no reason to guard at all. So I can die faster and get nothing from it? No thanks.

Eh, I make a point of trying to protect my heals, because they're keeping my team going.

I also generally queue w/ my fiancee, who plays an Immortal Jug and keeps me guarded whenever we're near eachother.

I'm sorry the people you play with are so unappreciative. :c

I think this attitude is exactly why this change is needed. I switch guard to protect teammates that are being slapped around and AOE taunt to help them stay alive long enough to pass the ball or to give them more time to help kill one more guy protecting the objective, etc. It's what we do.

Getting wins on my server as imperial is so frustrating. I've watched match after match fail because people care more about looking at their dps stats than winning the round. I hope this will change that, although I could see people still playing for medals because they look gold and shiny at the top of the list.

If I am getting great heals from someone in my WZ you can bet your arse I'm putting guard on them and taunting/pulling any dps that get anywhere near them, but people with selfish attitudes like yours are exactly what you are complaining about funny how that works isn't it?

on my operative I stay on the opponents top platform while stealthed so that team mates with the ball can use me as an anchor and force leap to me.

I get zero medals, win 3 quick games, and am out.

Winning is all I care about, all anyone should care about once they hit 60.