Asia Pacific Server Names and Launch Timing

StephenReid

Crap. The fact that my fiancee set her country initially as US probably means she wont be offered a transfer. That's crap. Two lvl 50s now rendered useless.

But why did she do that?? Was she trying to lie to get into the beta seems alot of people did that. and now its blowing up in there faces .

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless there is some logistical issue I've missed I think the emails, should have been done before the opening. This way transfers would get a proper chance to play without having to go through the whole reserving names and deleting toons.

I suspect there will be a lot of low level toons running round which will clog the server.

But on the whole good work in having local servers.

As you'll be allowing toon transfers for us Aussies, will those keep their Legacy Level when they go across?

No statement has ever been made regarding what happens to one's legacy name and associated points during a character transfer; I'm guessing that dealing with this complication is partially why character transfers in general have been delayed.

Should character transfer be on a per-toon basis (as it is in all other games), or should an additional option be offered for a mass-transfer of all characters on a given account from one server to another? That'd be the easy case for the legacy system.

But many will only want to move a subset of their characters. By far the easiest solution would be for your legacy points total at the point of transfer to be copied across from your current server, but only on the first time you transfer to a given server. After that, the legacy points are earned independently if you continue to do stuff with toons on the old and new server.

If you transfer a toon off the new server, back to the original server, any points they earned while on the new server stay there. Once they're back on the original server, anything you do subsequently would contribute back to the legacy total on that server.

But yeah, it's complicated, and it'll be interesting to see what they decide to do!

You know, the best possible solution would be to make legacy points (if not legacy names) account-wide. :)

This brings about an excellent opportunity for any asian (SG/MY/HK/Etc) players, especially for those on lower populated servers (aka anything other than swiftsure :p).

I, along with my guild <Retropublik> (from Wound in the Force) will be taking this chance to move over to Master Dar'Nala (PvP), so if you like the idea of being able to do consistent FPs/HMs/OPs or Pre-made WZs, or are just looking to play with fellow fun-loving asians, then we warmly invite you to join our 40+ members in the move with us to our new home :)

Guild: <Retropublik>

Faction: Republiic

Server: Master Dar'Nala (PvP)

Head over to our Facebook Group page for more information:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/158772840903053/doc/178146742298996/

Looking forward to playing with even more fellow asians in the brand new Master Dar'Nala (PvP) Asia-Pacific Server!

Edited by WackoPants

I just had a look at my account to make sure that I had registered my country as Australia and discovered that under Essential Information that my country code had defaulted to United States even though my Contact Information lists Australia as my country when I registered my personal address details.

I guess the question now is, which country code will qualify to be able to get the server transfer. Will you get a server transfer if your Contact Information has Australian address details (and proves you live there) or will I have to get into a slinging match with Bioware because Basic Information set the country code to United States by default?

No statement has ever been made regarding what happens to one's legacy name and associated points during a character transfer; I'm guessing that dealing with this complication is partially why character transfers in general have been delayed.

Should character transfer be on a per-toon basis (as it is in all other games), or should an additional option be offered for a mass-transfer of all characters on a given account from one server to another? That'd be the easy case for the legacy system.

But many will only want to move a subset of their characters. By far the easiest solution would be for your legacy points total at the point of transfer to be copied across from your current server, but only on the first time you transfer to a given server. After that, the legacy points are earned independently if you continue to do stuff with toons on the old and new server.

If you transfer a toon off the new server, back to the original server, any points they earned while on the new server stay there. Once they're back on the original server, anything you do subsequently would contribute back to the legacy total on that server.

But yeah, it's complicated, and it'll be interesting to see what they decide to do!

You know, the best possible solution would be to make legacy points (if not legacy names) account-wide. :)

I am guessing you will only be able to move your whole account across not just one toon. I don't see any other way they could do it.

Legacy points are account bound. Thats why when you roll another toon it has the same legacy points as your main.

I am guessing you will only be able to move your whole account across not just one toon. I don't see any other way they could do it.

I just described one way you could do it, by "seeding" the legacy point total on the new server with whatever you've accumulated on your old.

Legacy points are account bound. Thats why when you roll another toon it has the same legacy points as your main.

Your legacy point total is server-wide, NOT account-wide. All toons on a given server (regardless of faction) share the same legacy name and legacy points.

However, your toons on other servers do not. That's why there's a problem.

I'm Just wondering what is going to happen with character names, when i go to get my characters transferred and my name is already taken is there just going to be quick option to choose a name or will i have to get CS help just to get it done... Edited by deags

Actually i'd be more inclined to believe that they're server bound. Hence not having a character on server x contribute to legacy on server y. I also would be willing to bet that legacy levels will not transfer and that after a transfer's completed and you log in, one of your first tasks setting up on your new home will be grabbing your legacy name.

I'd love to be proven wrong but if it works on the back end how i am surmising, i can kiss my 22 levels of legacy progress goodbye on my new home. That's mildly irritating but to me the pro's of local servers far outweigh that con.

I'm Just wondering what is going to happen with character names, when i go to get my characters transferred and my name is already taken is there just going to be quick option to choose a name or will i have to get CS help just to get it done...

It's definitely server-wide. Right now, I'm legacy level 30 on the server on which I mainly play; I just logged into a placeholder toon on another server, and it doesn't have the legacy system unlocked (no toon on that server has completed chapter 1).

I just described one way you could do it, by "seeding" the legacy point total on the new server with whatever you've accumulated on your old.

Your legacy point total is server-wide, NOT account-wide. All toons on a given server (regardless of faction) share the same legacy name and legacy points.

However, your toons on other servers do not. That's why there's a problem.

There is no way they are going to let people just move one toon. It will be the whole account or nothing at all. I am fine with that, i am happy to just have a server in Australia.

Edit: The one thing that does worry me, is if someone had the same legacy name as someone else. What would happen then?

Also @ obek_kwae. If you lose all legacy for moving, then i guess i will be staying where i am. I don't feel like grinding out 25 levels again.

Edited by Bladedakoda

There is no way they are going to let people just move one toon. It will be the whole account or nothing at all. I am fine with that, i am happy to just have a server in Australia.

Eventually character transfers (presumably paid) will be open to all, and an "all or nothing" system seems extremely unlikely; it's a problem they have to solve eventually.

Whether they do so for the free transfer to the new Oceanic servers is another question. It can't be the whole account; what if a player has toons on multiple servers already? So a given server would have to be nominated if a mass-transfer was being offered, which it probably will be.

But long-term, it seems to me that they are going to have to come up with a per-toon transfer, given it's the norm in all other MMOs that offer character transfers.

Edit: The one thing that does worry me, is if someone had the same legacy name as someone else. What would happen then?

You'd be forced to choose a new legacy name on the destination server, exactly as happens now in other games if you transfer a character onto a server where the name is taken.

I'd guess that if the name was in use, it'd be cleared, and you'd be presented with the dialog to choose your legacy name when you logged into your characters after the transfer.

You'd be forced to choose a new legacy name on the destination server, exactly as happens now in other games if you transfer a character onto a server where the name is taken.

I'd guess that if the name was in use, it'd be cleared, and you'd be presented with the dialog to choose your legacy name when you logged into your characters after the transfer.

If they had to clear the name, i am guessing that would clear your legacy levels as well?

Hey mate, this is not what the info says. It specifically says only those with original registration address can transfer. So changing it should make no difference at all. Probabily too late now anyways but can you confirm this trick worked?

If this is the case then this will make me very angry that we are lied to like this by Bioware PR team.

A guild mate based outside of the designated area's changed address to an Aussie one and then submitted a ticket, the person responding to him confirmed that if he changed address before the closing time then he would qualify. Whether or not this is true will be seen as soon as they start allowing the transfers.

If they had to clear the name, i am guessing that would clear your legacy levels as well?

No, not at all. The same way that if your character's name has to be changed, you don't revert to level 1. :)

A friend of mine unlocked his legacy weeks ago, and has yet to choose his name. He is still accumulating legacy levels, though. The name is just a bit of text, and can be cleared/changed without affecting the legacy itself.

Eventually character transfers (presumably paid) will be open to all, and an "all or nothing" system seems extremely unlikely; it's a problem they have to solve eventually.

Whether they do so for the free transfer to the new Oceanic servers is another question. It can't be the whole account; what if a player has toons on multiple servers already? So a given server would have to be nominated if a mass-transfer was being offered, which it probably will be.

But long-term, it seems to me that they are going to have to come up with a per-toon transfer, given it's the norm in all other MMOs that offer character transfers.

I 100% agree with being allowed to only move one toon. The problem is, i don't think that will be the case with switching this time.

As for if you have toons on multiple servers already, i guess they will all end up on the Realm you choose. I think thats going to be the price you pay if you want to move. I hope i am wrong i really do, cause i would love the option to just move a few toons.

If we transfer to the new Oceanic server's can we still maintain toons on the US server's ?

In other words if I move my main to an Asia Pacific server can I still have a toon on Kathol Rift where my I play with American friends on weekends

Seems crazy I know but the US server's are DEAD when I play, so warzones and Flashpoints just dont happen

If we transfer to the new Oceanic server's can we still maintain toons on the US server's ?

In other words if I move my main to an Asia Pacific server can I still have a toon on Kathol Rift where my I play with American friends on weekends

Seems crazy I know but the US server's are DEAD when I play, so warzones and Flashpoints just dont happen

I did read you can have toons on both AU and US servers in the Q&A, the only thing im not really sure about, cause it has not been made clear, is if the whole account gets moved or you can just move the toons you want.

I did read you can have toons on both AU and US servers in the Q&A, the only thing im not really sure about, cause it has not been made clear, is if the whole account gets moved or you can just move the toons you want.

It's not a case of moving accounts. An account is site and game-service wide. To have a seperate set of "accounts" for Asia Pac players is contradictory to how EU is setup. I mean, EU servers have maintenance at the same times as US servers and EU players use the same site-wide account we do, they just use a localised (where supported) client and have their servers and support infrastructure on European soil. It will be no different for us, there will be a local support number, the servers will be here and qualifying characters will be being moved on an individual basis as opposed to a group. To not wipe guild tags, legacy names (i suspect) would create a whole bunch of unnecessary (time to implement vs return) complications that can be solved by just removing those couple of character flags. Even if it might not be optimal from our point of view, we still get to take our toon, our bank and so on with us.

Really hope there will be server transfear in general for the rest of us aswell.

They've confirmed it's coming, along with character copy of toons to the PTS.

As discussed already in this thread, they just need to work out the little complication of legacy XP when moving individual toons from one server to another.