So... Basically it is Biochem or bust at 50?

PuntaSur

Last night we ran hardmode flashpoints with some guild members and when biometric crystals dropped they were reserved for those with Biochem since they can make high level items (only useful to themselves of course).

In further discussion, it was clear that those items were significantly better than anything the other crafting professions could create. In fact, so good that the general recommendation was for everyone at 50 to just dump their existing crafting profession and go Biochem.

Is there no hope for the other professions? Is it really this out of whack?!!

Last night we ran hardmode flashpoints with some guild members and when biometric crystals dropped they were reserved for those with Biochem since they can make high level items (only useful to themselves of course).

In further discussion, it was clear that those items were significantly better than anything the other crafting professions could create. In fact, so good that the general recommendation was for everyone at 50 to just dump their existing crafting profession and go Biochem.

to answer your question . YES. biochecm is iwin the rest are worthless. swtor is f2p in 6 month.

and as far as i know, reusable medpacs/stims and the like only require lvl 1 biochem.

Sounds to me like your guild is doing it wrong.

Sounds to me like your guild is doing it wrong.

The conversation prior to rolling went like this....

Group Leader: "Only roll on the biometric if you can make Rakata items."

Group Member 2: "I can make a cool orange rifle if I can get 3 of those crystals"

*Group Leader links to party chat several high end items from Biochem*

Group Member 2: "WOW! Why doesn't Armstech have anything as useful as that?!!! Who else is Biochem?"

ALL THREE of the other players type: "Me"

If you are something else I'd stay that profession for now.

Patch 1.2 coming in March is suppose to have quite a few HUGE changes to all professions.

I'd be Leary of changing professions just yet if you have them leveled up.

You may find yourself disappointed next month when Biochem stays near the same thing and all the others get some nice changes.

and other skills allow you to craft bop bis pieces.

Not Armstech. Orange parallel items at 50 is all there is. The vibroknives don't RE for anything higher and the Corellia vendor sells a better blue vibroknife than an Armstech can make. The best crafted Armstech items are garbage compared to vendor sold items.

Edited by PuntaSur