Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Why is half the stuff on my ship completely useless? (Also bounties)

Ygdrasel

You cannot inspect their equipment or change it, either, which makes performing companion maintenance a chore.

Actually you can, and its the easiest interface available in game for managing multiple companions WITHOUT having to dismiss/summon.

Bring up your character window ('c'), companion tab. Notice there are little arrows to the left/right of the ship companion's name ... click those arrows and cycle through all your companions. Gear can be inspected and changed at will.

Your ship is a way to get around and a sometimes mechanism for questing or companion interaction.

It's not the be all end all of everything, it's not your personal home to decorate, and it's not your little hidey hole to keep you isolated from everyone else in the game.

It serves a function, serves it well enough, and doesn't need to be anything more.

All great ideas.

The ship computer should tie into lots of stuff. Guild recruiting might be interesting. I'd like to see bulletin boards "WTB 4 pairs of Inspiration Leggings, paying $10k/ea". You could 'sell' your services as a crafter. Yes, we have AHs, but AHs are about gambling on supplying and not having any idea what demand is. And you have no way of telling us what you 'can' make.

Probably lots of other good ideas.

Oh...and we can use the computer's power to add our alts as friends and people that aren't on line. :rolleyes:

Imagine how much they could do with ships and space-battles. Imagine if:

- there was free-flight space pvp with grouping (ala Tie-fighter vs X-win, Privateer, Freespace, etc.)

- so you have 3 friends and the one sitting in the captain-chair controls forward blasters and the ship.

- the one in the left controls side-blasters and a shield-generator which can boost shields for a short amount of time.

- the one on the right chair controls right lasters and loading of homing missiles.

- one more chair in the back panel for the last person in the group controlling a kind of engine-boost and top/bottom rear blaster-turrets.

- Different ships have different strengths, so a juggers ship can take more damage but don't do so much damage etc.

- options for full scale sieges with guilds going 4 in each ship with a maximum of 4 ships in war (full raid-group), or more if they can optimize their crappy game-engine to handle it.

- different objectives like regular dogfights, CTF, etc.

- rewards from wins will of course make your ships stronger, like any other pvp-oriented warzone/battleground-type of gameplay.

This would make an incentive for grouping because you need a full group for optimal results per ship.

Edited by Astron_

In EVE, people would put bounties on themselves, just to make their uberness seem higher - "they must be a good player, there's a million credit bounty on him/her", when in fact the bounty was set up by the player that's hunted.

I know.

My entire corp used to put bounties on each other just before big fleet battles in the hope that people would have noticed and would go for them first. :D

But Eve is a very very different sort of game.

A bounty system could easily be implemented by restricting it to warzones only. Sending a message to the hunted, hunter, and contractor when it's collected.

It would cause tons of bh's to compete for it, and if you have a bounty, maybe it increases your chances of queuing up with an opposing team of bh's all gunning for YOU.

Another option is warning you in open world when someone who accepted your bounty has landed on the planet, giving you time to prep (I.e. gather a team), accept, or refuse the bounty altogether, having it on a cool down for 24 hours so you don't have to be hunted, but can if you want to, while giving the bh and the prey a feeling of "hunting".

Just my .2

You cannot inspect their equipment or change it, either, which makes performing companion maintenance a chore.

Yeah this is a real "duh" thing. I may be remembering falsely but in KOTOR you could sort out equpping your characters before "venturing forth".

Quite a major QOL issue really.

This thread is so full of misinformation its crazy.

1. You can equip your companions on the ship. Hit the arrow next to the name. You can do everything but give them gifts.

2. The escape hatch is there for when you bring groups into your ship. If the owner does a space mission or DCs the only way for others to leave is through the escape hatch as the normal exit says it's locked or you don't have permission.

3. The game is young. Lots of room and time to improve.

I'm sure there is more but I'm browsing on my phone.

Yeah this is a real "duh" thing. I may be remembering falsely but in KOTOR you could sort out equpping your characters before "venturing forth".

Quite a major QOL issue really.

Um. Scroll up a bit and you'll see several people explaining that this isn't an issue. At all.

While on your ship, you can open your character panel with 'c' then select the companion tab at the bottom. Then using the arrows to the right and left of the companion's name, you can cycle through all your companions, equipping them as you like. It's very convenient.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.