Why the Darkside Vastly more powerful than The Light

LordOfMassacre

1. Lightside wins in the end

2. Darkside does a lot of crazy "powerful" things. Why? Because being a dark force user is only about one thing, gaining more and more power. The lightsaide only wants balance and peace, therefore there is no reason for a lightsider to even try to attempt these "poweful" things a darkside force user does.

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's not how Lucas envisioned it, FYI. To Lucas, "bringing balance to the Force" means destroying the Sith, because to Lucas, the dark side was a perversion of the Force. From a more Taoist perspective (seeking the yin and yang, as it were), you could say that Vader destroyed both the Sith and Jedi orders of his time, bringing another sort of balance.

That's kind of funny because if you read the original Annotated Star Wars scripts (Episodes 4-6) Lucas talks a great deal about the Force being the balance of life much like the positive and negative furies that govern our lives aka ying and yang. He borrowed a lot of eastern philosophies and incorporated them into his concept of the Force. (If you need more references to this take a look at the Jedi and Vader's costumes borrowed from eastern monks and samurai) Some people are attuned to positive some to negative, but in the end the powers that be seek for balance. Which he was trying to show through Anikan's journey coming full circle. So just FYI you are in fact wrong. Do some real research before you just spout off at the mouth. Your attempt to make my statements look weak are just foolish.

Much anger I sense in you. Lighten up... a lot. There's no need to insult the devs (lame sadistic nerds? really?) as well as people who enjoy playing certain characters in a video game.

Heh I'm not the one coming on the forums trying to look smart by failing at disproving everyone else's opinion. I'm entitled to my opinions just like you are, I just back what I say up with fact not conjecture. And the lot of those "lame sadistic nerds" types out there geek out every time they get to pretend to be something they are not, especially when they can play as an all powerful evil entity for some reason. Why else would games/comics/media like that be so popular with those types of people? The fact remains... you can never be as awesome or evil in real life so its pretty LAME that they obsess about it so much in a fantasy worlds. But isn't that the point of playing that way? And finally, just watch the trailer vids and tell me the devs aren't nerds, who get off on being evil. It's shown over and over again and that's all they talk about and praise. If they don't like me saying so I guess they can just ban me from playing the game and posting in the forum. But that would just make them look vindictive and petty. And if I got blocked from the game and posting here I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. Its all just BS anyway. Grow up and get over yourself. You're no better than anyone else no matter how hard you try.

Edited by Lastchylde

Vader could have killed Luke, so could the Emperor. In fact IIRC both times Luke was on the edge of death but survived due to circumstances out side of his control.

So I always thought that the Force was something more than just the Jedi/Sith who used it. Like when Obi Wan called it an energy that binds the universe together. Don't they specifically say at one point, if not in the movies, then in the games at least, that true coincidences are rare and that most things that seem like coincidence are really guided by the Force? If Luke survived those encounters, maybe it was because the Force intervened and caused those "circumstances outside of his control."

Like when he was doing the Death Star trench run, he wasn't using the Force, but Vader had a hard time targeting him because the Force is strong with Luke and was guiding his actions.

I don't know, but it seems to me like this whole Light Side/Dark Side stronger thing is kinda pointless because the Force is more than the Jedi/Sith who use it as a tool. Ultimately it doesn't matter how much power a Jedi or Sith amasses, the Force itself is what ultimately guides the destiny of the universe. So yes, maybe the Force keeps guiding people to fall to the dark side, but it also guides the light side forces to victory in the end. It's a pretty vicious cycle. The Force actually seems pretty sadistic. lol I'm really surprised there's any population left in the galaxy at all with all the killing going on all the time.

I don't know if any of this makes sense or if I'm just spouting off nonsense. Just thought it might be a different perspective than what I've read a lot of in this thread.

He wouldnt have a chance in a force battle? Lucas stated in the same sentence that Sidious was trying to kill Windu with force lightning and couldnt. Which is why he feigned weakness after that to get Anakin over because he couldnt kill Windu himself.

The commentary says otherwise. He stated Sidious was bending his lightsaber with lightning. It also says it in the novelization.

And Madolore and Visas.

Exept for Bane (who was killed by Zannah) and all the Darth's between Zannah and Sidious (including Plaguis)

^ This is true. I was exagerrating

Vader/ Obi and Mace, Hoth/Farfalla there are probably others but those are the only one's I can think of off the top of my head. Just saying.

Anakin wasn't a Jedi anymore... Also, remind me of how Hoth had died.

Just to end things Dark side is not more powerful than the light. (But it's still fun to play dark side :))

Questions and answers in bold.

I would argue that the two sides are about even in power, just the Dark Side seems more powerful than it really is because darksiders are prone to making flashy displays of their power.

Anakin killed hundreds of Jedi at the temple... that goes beyond flashy; not mention as Vader he's had honorable 1 vs 1 fights and still killed many remnant Jedi, hunting them down post ROTS.

Even Malgus in the temple

Or Exar Kun storming in to rescue Ulic Qel Droma and killing all Jedi in his way

Edited by Darth_Malevolent

Anakin killed hundreds of Jedi at the temple... that goes beyond flashy; not mention as Vader he's had honorable 1 vs 1 fights and still killed many remnant Jedi, hunting them down post ROTS.

Vader AND AN ENTIRE LEGION OF CLONE TROOPERS killed DOZENS of non-combat-oriented Jedi at the Jedi Temple. Most of the combat-capable Jedi were offworld leading divisions of Clone Troopers. . . arguably, the whole point of the Clone Wars, powerful Jedi in prime position to literally be shot in the back.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Operation:_Knightfall

Vader AND AN ENTIRE LEGION OF CLONE TROOPERS killed DOZENS of non-combat-oriented Jedi at the Jedi Temple. Most of the combat-capable Jedi were offworld leading divisions of Clone Troopers. . . arguably, the whole point of the Clone Wars, powerful Jedi in prime position to literally be shot in the back.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Operation:_Knightfall

Is that the only point you could defend?

If you insist on being embarrassed:

Exar Kun killed ONE Jedi rescuing Ulic:

After learning of Qel-Droma's capture and pending trial on Coruscant, Kun went to the Senate Building where he encountered his former master, Vodo-Siosk Baas. Using his new lightsaber, Kun engaged the Krevaaki Jedi in a duel. Master Vodo held his own for much of the contest, but Kun gained the upper hand when he unveiled his new double-ended lightsaber. Kun then slew his former Master with minimal effort. Ulic and Exar then proceeded to slaughter all the members of the Senate, including the Supreme Chancellor.

As for Malgus, his attack was quite simply a bluff intended to blackmail the Republic into giving the Empire favorable terms in the peace treaty. It is outright stated that Sith could never have held Coruscant. Malgus brought pretty much the entire might of the Empire with him, while pretty much all the Jedi were on Alderaan or elsewhere in the galaxy. It was an outlandish gamble that barely paid off.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sacking_of_Coruscant

If you insist on being embarrassed:

Exar Kun killed ONE Jedi rescuing Ulic:

After learning of Qel-Droma's capture and pending trial on Coruscant, Kun went to the Senate Building where he encountered his former master, Vodo-Siosk Baas. Using his new lightsaber, Kun engaged the Krevaaki Jedi in a duel. Master Vodo held his own for much of the contest, but Kun gained the upper hand when he unveiled his new double-ended lightsaber. Kun then slew his former Master with minimal effort. Ulic and Exar then proceeded to slaughter all the members of the Senate, including the Supreme Chancellor.

As for Malgus, his attack was quite simply a bluff intended to blackmail the Republic into giving the Empire favorable terms in the peace treaty. It is outright stated that Sith could never have held Coruscant. Malgus brought pretty much the entire might of the Empire with him, while pretty much all the Jedi were on Alderaan or elsewhere in the galaxy. It was an outlandish gamble that barely paid off.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sacking_of_Coruscant

Sith still wins in All counts.... what's your point? Jedi should be more prepared? Or Good, for that matter?

The point being, your argument is that these are prime examples of Sith being "more powerful" than Jedi. The only reason they won was because they outnumbered and/or outsmarted the Jedi. If they had faced the Jedi on equal footing, they would have been slaughtered.

Jedi win, you lose.

The point being, your argument is that these are prime examples of Sith being "more powerful" than Jedi. The only reason they won was because they outnumbered and/or outsmarted the Jedi. If they had faced the Jedi on equal footing, they would have been slaughtered.

Jedi win, you lose.

Woulda, coulda, shoulda....... you made my point, they outnumbered and outsmarted the Jedi, maybe if the Jedi were smarter, they wouldn't be outsmarted, if they were better, they wouldn't be outnumbered

if they were good, they would be able to win a fight against Sith on equal ground, which is obvious they cant on several accounts in the films alone I've stated with examples on a post a few pages back

Woulda, coulda, shoulda....... you made my point, they outnumbered and outsmarted the Jedi, maybe if the Jedi were smarter, they wouldn't be outsmarted, if they were better, they wouldn't be outnumbered

if they were good, they would be able to win a fight against Sith on equal ground, which is obvious they cant on several accounts in the films alone I've stated with examples on a post a few pages back

Thats the point. The Jeid were stupid at most times.

Power isn't just Strength, its also smarts.

If you can't realize that then its pointless arguing with you.

Yes, the Sith did display admirable intelligence.

And then their incessant infighting led to their total obliteration at the Battle of Ruusan.

Sith still Epic Fail.

Kaan wasn't a true Sith, he didn't even allow Darth titles to be granted, everyone was equal, at most he was a dark jedi, and even then, it was because Bane set him up. And for Jedi, their original philosophy was the pursuit of knowledge, if they fail at that, they fail at life, especially since Sith are the ones who are truly pursuing that goal without scrutiny.

Also, your incredibly wrong with your whole "Malgus is better than all jedi + Emperor is stronger than all sith so noone can kill emperor" THE FOLLOWING IS A MASSIVE SPOILER DONT CLICK IF YOU DONT WANNA SEE IT

The jedi knight kills the emperor in the act 3 questline. Surely this disproves your point -_-

But, in the end of the sith warrior storyline, the sith warrior get's a message saying that the Emperor is still alive. This is just like Palpatine in the EU.

Anyway, although the dark side is "stronger" in means of brutality, they do not have the same thoughtful thinking that the jedi go through before attacking. They simply hear a plan and rush into battle. So, although the Jedi and the Sith have their own strengths and weaknesses, the light side still prevails as more powerful.

Yes, the Sith did display admirable intelligence.

And then their incessant infighting led to their total obliteration at the Battle of Ruusan.

Sith still Epic Fail.

The BoH is the Sith at their weakest in my honest opinion.

Lets turn to the RO2, wait, that lead to the annihilation of the Jedi and the takeover of the Republic.

Sith are smarter than Jedi. Jedi are just good and SW has to follow the "hero story" of all moives and makes the good always win.

Oh, yeah, Sith are WAY smarter. After they get completely wiped out by the Jedi at the Battle of Ruusan except for one half-trained apprentice, they go into hiding for a thousand years, finally take their revenge on the Jedi slaughtering all but two of them, and somehow letting these two live for twenty years without even tracking them down. And they're duped into letting the children of the most powerful Force-Sensitive ever to roam free. And they establish their dream of a galaxy spanning Empire. . . and it lasts twenty-five years.

TWENTY-FIVE YEARS. The Sith spent a thousand years honing themselves into the perfect example of their Order, Darth Sidious, and he can only keep the ball going for TWENTY-FIVE YEARS.

Once more, Sith Epic Fail.

Oh, yeah, Sith are WAY smarter. After they get completely wiped out by the Jedi at the Battle of Ruusan except for one half-trained apprentice, they go into hiding for a thousand years, finally take their revenge on the Jedi slaughtering all but two of them, and somehow letting these two live for twenty years without even tracking them down. And they're duped into letting the children of the most powerful Force-Sensitive ever to roam free. And they establish their dream of a galaxy spanning Empire. . . and it lasts twenty-five years.

TWENTY-FIVE YEARS. The Sith spent a thousand years honing themselves into the perfect example of their Order, Darth Sidious, and he can only keep the ball going for TWENTY-FIVE YEARS.

Once more, Sith Epic Fail.

Your comparing the Galactic Empire to the Republic, not the Sith to the Jedi

Besides, the Chancellor leads the Republic assisted by a Senate, almost always not a Jedi except for one instance

Your comparing governments, not orders

Edited by Darth_Malevolent

To put this as simply as possible....

The creator of star wars and everything you are talking about is George Lucas. George Lucas says that the dark side is not more powerful. So guess what? It's not more powerful. Creator of the universe beats guy from the internet.

Absolutely agree.