Ive had it up to here on these boards

DarkSamink

There is a lot of people who aren't happy with the current state of the game, and the way the dev's dodge important issues and questions, and act like everything is a huge success and is honky dory.

That and any thread that questions the validity of that is soon locked/deleted.

I think most of the people who complain have valid points and they, like me just want this game to be better, but are in such awe at the current state of the way things are being handled/addressed.

My two cents anyhow.

A lot do have valid points. I think they just go about it the wrong way. In fact, they simply annoy most other gamers trying to get valid points of information and discussion out of these forums. So a bunch of clowns constantly ranting about how everything that personally affects them is game breaking, is a valid issue with those trying to use the forums as the intended purpose. If you wanna rant and complain do it in customer service. If someone needs to have others rally behind him in the forums to feel he is given his proper attention, it's a waste. If done properly in the forums it has power.

If you have a complaint and wanan make a thread. Show what you've done through customer support channels, is there a real solution (not waving the magic wand so many of you think Bioware has). Post dev post that relate or articles, show the negative affect of the issue with fact. Do it the right way, no a wha wha post. others will take it more seriously.

Edited by WarheartZero

I knew it would be like this, sooo many people had such high hopes for this game. Then it comes out and it's just kinda 'meh'.

Alot of us feel betrayed and angry because this was probably the last great hope for a star wars MMO this decade.

I understand that, but then again who gave it high hopes? Us the people did? I never have high hopes when it comes to games anymore because of the fact a lot of companies never deliver.

Like i keep saying I understand the threads about bugs and issues, but what gets to me is the crying about graphics, or these people blaming bioware or the game and not themselves cause the game won't work on there comp, when really its on there end(although there is like 1% of the time it isn't the users fault).

Personally I feel the opposite, I feel the problem is we live in an age where it is ok to mislead and market a product that is clearly unfinished. And this stretches way beyond MMO's but even console games today, it is perfectly ok to release an unfinished , and sometimes broken game, and sell it to the masses with promises of later patches and fixes.

I think it's wrong personally. Maybe it's just me.

Yea, in line with this for the most part.. SWTOR the Housing market of MMO's. Has alot of elbow grease spit shine, but isn't worth the ground it's built on..

A lot do have valid points. I think they just go about it the wrong way. In fact, they simply annoy most other gamers trying to get valid points of information and discussion out of these forums. So a bunch of clowns constantly ranting about how everything that personally affects them is game breaking, is a valid issue with those trying to use the forums as the intended purpose. If you wanna rant and complain do it in customer service. If someone needs to have others rally behind him in the forums to feel he is given his proper attention, it's a waste. If done properly in the forums it has power.

If you have a complaint and wanan make a thread. Show what you've done through customer support channels, is there a real solution. (not waving the magic wand so many of you think Bioware has) Post dev post that relate. Do it the right way, no a wha wha post. others will take it more seriously.

I feel what you are saying, I really do, but on the complete other end of the spectrum, you have the fanboys who blindly defend and even insult those of us who have different opinions.

From what I seen on these forums, the fanboys are a lot more hostile, then those who complain about issues that have been brought up and beat to death without even a nod from a dev that a fix is in the works.

Complaining and whining about complainers and whiners, doesn't get much more hypocritical than that....

I can't be a hypocrite when i stated in my original post that u all can take this as a complaining thread, so i realize i am complaining, but I also was stating my reasons i am going to leave the forums for a time, and come back when its gotten a little better here.

I try to help as much people i can on these forums, mostly in Customer Service with comp issues, but I can't keep on helping when all they keep telling me is it isn't there fault its biowares that they can't log into the game or install the game or etc

I understand that, but then again who gave it high hopes? Us the people did? I never have high hopes when it comes to games anymore because of the fact a lot of companies never deliver.

Like i keep saying I understand the threads about bugs and issues, but what gets to me is the crying about graphics, or these people blaming bioware or the game and not themselves cause the game won't work on there comp, when really its on there end(although there is like 1% of the time it isn't the users fault).

People lash out because they are not having fun, all the excuses on these boards are them trying to analyze why they are not having fun.

Personally I feel the opposite, I feel the problem is we live in an age where it is ok to mislead and market a product that is clearly unfinished. And this stretches way beyond MMO's but even console games today, it is perfectly ok to release an unfinished , and sometimes broken game, and sell it to the masses with promises of later patches and fixes.

I think it's wrong personally. Maybe it's just me.

Define "finished". No seriously do it.

The naure of this genre of games dictates that it will never be finished.

Not even the "smartest most talented developer/producer" can anticipate EVERYTHING that the player community will try to "test/break" the game nor are they the ORACLES of a particular humans personal tastes.

Sometimes no matter what you do, no matter how polished you think something is before release it is often times "meh lets just toss it out there and see how close to the mark we are". If they aren't they make adjustments.

You are not entitled to a "perfect MMORPG game". You can always vote with your pocket book. If you don't like a product don't support it. Walk away. Don't complain that something isn't living up to "your standars" and that it must "change NAO". Most of the players of this game think that it is just fine and have confidence that things will improve. If they don't they game won't survive. That's how the "market is supposed to work".

*shrug* :cool:

The Drones V Fanbois War is not TOR exclusive, and they make up about 90% of the posts, another 5 % are trollers, and the rest are people who wanted to talk about the game.

The forums are nicked named "TORchan" by a few people.

I can't be a hypocrite when i stated in my original post that u all can take this as a complaining thread, so i realize i am complaining, but I also was stating my reasons i am going to leave the forums for a time, and come back when its gotten a little better here.

I try to help as much people i can on these forums, mostly in Customer Service with comp issues, but I can't keep on helping when all they keep telling me is it isn't there fault its biowares that they can't log into the game or install the game or etc

That wasn't directed towards your OP, I should've been more specific. It was directed to those the wise guys who jumped on board after your post and the ones who get hostile everytime they see a post they don't agree with.

and so this is turned into another I hate swtor thread.. lol

No not at all, I love this game, the forums however, another story.

Also because of half the threads in CS are the same thing over and over again, its hard to get help in shorter time because the Mods/devs/CS people have to read every single thread and pick the ones that aren't doubles/triples/etc of the same issue

*gives DarkSamink a big hug*

It is not that bad.

Some of the complaint are actually valid but I have great faith that the devs will sort it out.

Devs, giving people a super low graphic option is NOT sorting it out lol.

A super duper workstation class computer with dual graphic cards should be able to show 20 people on the screen without dying. Someone need to take a step back and take a look at the code.

Hello Everyone,

We ask that threads made in General Discussion center on discussion of Star Wars™: The Old Republic™. Threads made to criticize the community do not foster constructive discussion and are considered off-topic for General Discussion, so we have closed this thread.

If you have a specific suggestion or individual piece of feedback, we encourage you to post in the Suggestion Box forum or to make a thread regarding your issue in the relevant sub-forum.

Thank you for your understanding.