Should i roll a deception assassin or operative?

BlazeMazeRaze

I am looking for a good pvp alt and am wondering what would be the better choice for pvp? And by that I mean which would you be more likly to choose for a competative premade?

The consensus seems be that darkness is the best pvp spec and i have no interest in that. So whats the better choice operative or deception assassin for rated warzones when they come out.

I do not have much experience outside leveling as deception, but the assassin has more utility than an operative in WZ's currently. However this makes Operatives very good at killing, I have seen an operative kill many classes while still under the effects of the Operatives CC.

I really enjoy my deception sin but I'm not 50 and my operative is only lvl 10 I've read in these forums some say ops would be more likely to be picked for rated wzs. But I mean there are a lot of terrible players out there. I know this didn't help at all but I would suggest posting on op forums as well just to hear both sides and even on the Pub equiv forums really cover all your bases( if you haven't already).

You should roll sorcerer, I hear their lightning melts faces.

Both Deception Assassins and Concealment Operatives will require you to play well to make the most out of them. Concealment has more front-loaded damage out of stealth and significantly less without stealth openers. Deception assassin relies on stacked effects and procs to do the big damage, but stealth is just icing and not required.

Both will require situation awareness and positioning.

But seriously, I heard Sorcerers melt faces with lightning.

I am looking for a good pvp alt and am wondering what would be the better choice for pvp? And by that I mean which would you be more likly to choose for a competative premade?

The consensus seems be that darkness is the best pvp spec and i have no interest in that. So whats the better choice operative or deception assassin for rated warzones when they come out.

I have A 50 op and a 50 sin. my Op is R48 valor and my sin is R61. The Op is a VERY strong choice. their damage output is higher, more focused, and not very gear dependant, while they also have the option to choose healing for themselves and others which gives a major advantage.

My sin is DM/champ geared and though I like it better, it is mainly because it takes more skill to play (imo) which is more fun for me. Deception is VERY gear dependant and has major range and tool limitations. When I go agains teams that are equally geared or greater I choose Madness over deception (Darkness is VERY strong too, but not my playstyle). That being said Deception is ALOT of fun and the numbers are BIG against lesser geared targets. However, I don't see deceptions being the strongest sin spec for rated WZs but I could be wrong.

Edited by Nilxain

I'm a level 50 deception assassin. A normal warzone for me is 150-250k damage. 9 medals around 25-40 kills and about 5-8 deaths. That's in full champion armor. However the only class I have no chance of killing is an equally geared dps speced op/scoundrel

You clearly have never fought a good Marauder/Sentinel then. They are probably the best 1v1 class.

Operative has less utility but more damage from Stealth. Caught out of Stealth I would prefer to be the Assassin as I have Speed and Knockback and such.

Personally, I will level both to 50 and play both as burst DPS.

Anyway, for rated WZs, I wouldn't recommend either of these classes if you are starting a new char. Make a Merc or a Sorc or if you really want to melee go with the Marauder.

You clearly have never fought a good Marauder/Sentinel then. They are probably the best 1v1 class.

Is this really true? I had to stop myself from falling off my chair laughing, when I managed to 1v1 a lvl 49 sentinel on my 30 sniper, yesterday... Despite the fact that he got the jump on me.

Is this really true? I had to stop myself from falling off my chair laughing, when I managed to 1v1 a lvl 49 sentinel on my 30 sniper, yesterday... Despite the fact that he got the jump on me.

well when you hit 50 and get in a 1v1 with a mara that knows what they are doing come back and posts what happend. When a sent or mara knows how to play the class i can have a problem with them, most of the time they cant kill me but im darkness im hard to take down 1v1 and thats the idea.

well when you hit 50 and get in a 1v1 with a mara that knows what they are doing come back and posts what happend. When a sent or mara knows how to play the class i can have a problem with them, most of the time they cant kill me but im darkness im hard to take down 1v1 and thats the idea.

well bro, dont compare it with low level warzones. At 50 mara's are the best 1v1 class period.

Start believing

My point was that with any class there will be certain classes you match up well against if equally skilled and equally geared. As a deception sin I can kill almost any class sometimes that's 90% of the time sometimes my chance of winning is 50%. But the class I have zero percent chance of beating is an equally skilled and geared dps op. They pop out of stealth and I'm at 50% instantly before I can react. Was just trying to give OP some insight.