Jedi or Sith: Which is the mature playerbase?

sctprog

Ok.

So I've been playing MMOs for more years than I care to admit.. and I've found that one faction usually ends up being more trolltastic than the other..

I'm *hopefully* getting my invite tomorrow and I still can't decide which faction to roll.

So the question is: which one should I choose if I want to keep the Anal jokes to a minimum?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok.

So I've been playing MMOs for more years than I care to admit.. and I've found that one faction usually ends up being more trolltastic than the other..

I'm *hopefully* getting my invite tomorrow and I still can't decide which faction to roll.

So the question is: which one should I choose if I want to keep the Anal jokes to a minimum?

Going by most of the posts on the forum, none.;)

lol you can't put it like that this is not WoW where most kiddos played Alliance, Star Wars has a long history behind it witch means that probably most of us playing are above 20 (i said MOST not all) anyway I believe both sides got a little of both ;)

lol you can't put it like that this is not WoW where most kiddos played Alliance, Star Wars has a long history behind it witch means that probably most of us playing are above 20 (i said MOST not all) anyway I believe both sides got a little of both ;)

Keep dreaming...Worst people are above 20 anyway

From polls created at the beta:

Average age is higher on the empire side.

More people play on the empire side.

Both of these poll results (if they hold up in live as well) should make it easier to find mature players on the empire side. But... There will be immature players wherever you go. Just make good use of the ignore function. :)

Sith is definitely heavy on the kids and clowns so far on the three servers I have seen.

That said, they have a lot more population Sith side on the servers I saw, so perhaps it was just more people and therefore more clowns?!

Regardless, I'd roll Republic. Seems to be a lot more mature so far for us.

Good luck!

So far I'm level 20 or so and I've not had any issues with anyone at all. Everyone seems pretty helpful. I'm playing on the Republic side. I can be a bit critical of gamers playing what I perceive to be poorly and have been doing my best to be polite and patient and offer friendly advice.

If you are a Jedi Sentinel and you for leap into a group of gold difficulty mobs you will either die or I will pull aggro from spamming heals on you and then I'll die first. Look before you force leap!

well, my experience with the jedi has been pretty quiet overall just everyone doing their thing without much chat, way different then when i tried out bounty hunter/imperial agent/inquisitor on stress test beta, where it was non stop chat going on (mainly about dumb things) like wow references, etc.

but that could just be a difference between beta stress test and early game access rather than the two factions.

i really think the more immature people will flock to sith though as the jedi path is more geared toward a more mature person, what immature person wants to be a goodie googie and sacrifice themselves and do the right thing all the time? i'm pretty sure they would have much more fun torturing vette and doing the bad/funny thing.

there will be the occasional dark jedi but it's not the same, i don't think.

that's just my opinion.

Edited by teambff

So far I'm level 20 or so and I've not had any issues with anyone at all. Everyone seems pretty helpful. I'm playing on the Republic side. I can be a bit critical of gamers playing what I perceive to be poorly and have been doing my best to be polite and patient and offer friendly advice.

If you are a Jedi Sentinel and you for leap into a group of gold difficulty mobs you will either die or I will pull aggro from spamming heals on you and then I'll die first. Look before you force leap!

Advice from someone with your signature- real mature type of person you are! rubbing it in to the poor ppl not in yet- yeah that's mature!

Advice from someone with your signature- real mature type of person you are! rubbing it in to the poor ppl not in yet- yeah that's mature!

To quote your signature...

Huh?

Edited by BadDawGe

Give eu their own forums their economy causes factional rifts in the forums!

That's nothing. Idiots are known to have rl brawls over WoW's factions, encouraged by Blizzard ofcourse.

Community: What should be the Alliance warcry ?

Idiot from Blizzard Ent.: Hmm...Have Mercy ?

Many Horde idiots laughing

Idiot from Blizzard Ent. missing the opportunity of a life time to use his brain.

From polls created at the beta:

Average age is higher on the empire side.

More people play on the empire side.

Both of these poll results (if they hold up in live as well) should make it easier to find mature players on the empire side. But... There will be immature players wherever you go. Just make good use of the ignore function. :)

Your math isn't done, you have to find the ration of both factions; of how many mature people out of the population where as sith could be... 1/4 and republic could be 3/4.

It wouldn't be fair if knowing that there is going to be more mature people on the Sith simply because they outnumber the republic. But a ration would probably best help in this situation.