Is SWTOR dying?

Turlinde

You people crack me up seriously. Don't you understand how this day of age of gamer's think like yet?

Let me enlighten you,

A. Impatience: This is 90% of the problem with young gamers these days. Alot of gamers these days don't want to wait around for anything, it's either perfection or nothing.

B. Expectations: This is a immature mistake alot of this gamers make. You expect it to be this, you expect it to be that, and then when your expectations come short, BAM YOU ARE UPSET! With time like a fine wine you learn to not have expectaions in life, and try to appreciate the small things.

C. Knowledge: Yep I said it, I am a old mmo gamer and have been doing this since EQ and DAOC. I know when I see success and failure, and I know when I see a crowd of people that have no clue how to look for things that make success in a mmo. I have played since the 80's on a computer, am 35 years old, and know when I see people barking and complaining too much.

I will explain what SWTOR has at date FEB 27 2012,

1. Warzones

2. Open World PvP

3. Raiding

4. Guilds

5. Community

6. Fans

7. Content and Lore

8. Crafting

9. Space combat

10. A bright future

Summary: We are at the end of 2 months, and this mmo is a blockbuster among the best so far. In later months all these problems you see now will be gone, and Bioware will continue to fix and add stuff along the way. You can't argue that this game has room for improvement, and has a outstanding future ahead of it.

"Consider the hour-glass; there is nothing to be accomplished by rattling or shaking; you have to wait patiently until the sand, grain by grain, has run from one funnel into the other"

-John Christian Morgenstern

So let me try and understand what your saying. Your saying that for 6yr of develpoment that 3 ****y WZs illum which is a joke and 2 Raids are acceptable endgame content??

You sir must not have played many MMOs or atleaast not any good ones.

Edited by LordNimvaruss

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will explain what SWTOR has at date FEB 27 2012,

1. Warzones

2. Open World PvP

3. Raiding 4. Guilds, 5. Community, 6. Fans, 7. Content and Lore, 8. Crafting, 9. Space combat, 10. A bright future

1. Warzones. Yeah, a whole 3 of them, and that's pretty much the only PVP content currently available.

2. Open World PVP. BWHAHA. Nice one!

3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 don't even deserve their own points - did you need fillers? I mean seriously... guilds, content, community, fans? Why not add tree's and wookies to that list? Or what about Ilum? lol

and as for 10... time will tell.

Edited by Jebi

And for those crying about premades....really??? Sure its fun to test yourself against other good groups no argument with you there but it was the joy of randomly running into them on the open field that made it so much fun not this stupid ranked WZ ****. Big deal you go into a WZ knowing your facing a premade ooooooo. Try just running around in a huge open PvP area and then the 2 of you just happen to run into each other thats when you really see who the better group is.

For those of you with no desire to read a wall of text, he's basically that old guy saying "back in my day we didn't have this"

Well guess what, those days are GONE. WoW has been king for SEVEN YEARS. This game is essentially WoW.

I stopped right there, you are comparing and when you compare then you fail. Your exceptions are set too high, therefore you are blinded.

When you decide to not to compare then talk to me, until then look at SWTOR the way that suits u.

But don't feed BS.

I stopped right there, you are comparing and when you compare then you fail. Your exceptions are set too high, therefore you are blinded.

When you decide to not to compare then talk to me, until then look at SWTOR the way that suits u.

But don't feed BS.

No, when you think that saying it doesn't matter that it's a WoW clone makes sense, you fail. if you're not going to read the whole thing, don't even bother replying. It saves those of us with intelligence some time. If you HAD read, you would know that we have every right to expect quality in this day and age. Why should I not expect quality from something that is literally copy/paste from WoW and has been in development for SIX YEARS? How can you not compare a WoW CLONE to the game it COPIED?

So let me try and understand what your saying. Your saying that for 6yr of develpoment that 3 ****y WZs illum which is a joke and 2 Raids are acceptable endgame content??

You sir must not have played many MMOs or atleaast not any good ones.

Name one game that has had brilliant PvP it's first 2 months?

I can, DAOC.

Since then there has been nothing else, nothing.

I have played tons of mmo's, EQ, DAOC, STAR TREK, SWG, AOC, AION, WAR, RIFT, WOW, ROHAN, LAST CHOES, to name a few.

And the engame you see is not endgame, its the begining. Have you ever heard of updates and more content on way?

Have you been reading what is coming soon?

Do you people really read into anything this game is going?

DO I HAVE TO SPELL IT OUT FOR YA?

Oh snaps... where is the pre-order button?

Lets hope they stay true to that formula and subtract the pvp portion because we all know thats just going to be a farm fest like ilum.

Sarcasm? I hope so cause it's thankfully nothing like Ilum, think DAoC 2.0 :)

No, when you think that saying it doesn't matter that it's a WoW clone makes sense, you fail. if you're not going to read the whole thing, don't even bother replying. It saves those of us with intelligence some time. If you HAD read, you would know that we have every right to expect quality in this day and age. Why should I not expect quality from something that is literally copy/paste from WoW and has been in development for SIX YEARS? How can you not compare a WoW CLONE to the game it COPIED?

When you use words like copy and paste, you show yourself to be a critic and a dooms day sayer.

OMG YEAR 2000 IS END OF THE WORLD!

If you walk into a game and look for flaws, and look for things other mmo have, and try to compare apples to oranges, then you are selling yourself short.

I can care less if you stay or you go, but stop with this BS that SWTOR is some crappy game made up to get money only and walk away. Warcraft is a fantastic game, and has been around almost 8 years.

It took years for that game to improve, and let me tell you Vanilla had alot more hatred and had more problems than SWTOR could ever think of. Even TBC Warcraft was horrific its first couple of months with all the bugs, lag, people exploiting, ect.

My point is stop comparing, and stop with the inquisition that SWTOR is garbage, cause over 2 millon subs would tell you they are here.

Just think your paying a sub to complain about your sub, ironic huh. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Edited by Caeliux

If you started pre-release and still don't have a 50 even if casual, I don't know what say. I know people who only play maybe 6-8 hours a week who have lvl 50s. Do you log on for 15 mins and do half a quest or something?

Any rate, I have a long attention span generally when it comes to games; all that matters is if the game is engaging enough to keep me occupied. WoW did it for 7+ years. Rift did it for 7 months. Just to name a few out of the dozens I have played over the past 20 years.

Lets get to the point. Ilum is fail, possibly worst open world PvP 'lake' I seen. Not only does it lag, it's all about kill trading to get a daily/weekly done; there is absolutely nothing competive or interesting about it. What if there was resource nodes in it or even faction wide buffs depending on control? If there was such things, Ilum would actually serve a purpose and thus people would go there outside of quests. No can't have that. W/e. not like this engine/server structure can even support mass PvP at all. Mmmm slide show PvP, so much fun.

So in the end all you have for PvP is 3 WZs which is actually only one since it's 90% Huttball for me. It's also limited to 8 v 8, which yet again proves that by design this is the cap for performance: go past that and it starts to chug, even on the best of systems. Yes, we have a MMO that is only capable of having console type match numbers. Where did that 200m actually go? I think they got majorly ripped off, imo. Anyways, we will never see AV type venue, it would be unplayable. Proof? Ilum.

W/e, I agree: play a lot like me and most would get bored. But in other MMOs, I played just as much infact maybe more and kept me going for years. Here? 2 months. Cool!

Anyways, I made mistake in a) buying CE b) buying 4 time cards; you are stuck with me on the forums for almost a year even if I will be playing other titles. Have to get my moneys worth somehow, right? Don't get it in game, that's for sure.

Ive been playing since launch and have zero 50s. I got laid a lot though.

Btw nice wall of text that no one will ever read.

Name one game that has had brilliant PvP it's first 2 months?

I can, DAOC.

Since then there has been nothing else, nothing.

I have played tons of mmo's, EQ, DAOC, STAR TREK, SWG, AOC, AION, WAR, RIFT, WOW, ROHAN, LAST CHOES, to name a few.

And the engame you see is not endgame, its the begining. Have you ever heard of updates and more content on way?

Have you been reading what is coming soon?

Do you people really read into anything this game is going?

DO I HAVE TO SPELL IT OUT FOR YA?

Hmm lets take a look shale we. I have 2 50s already with casual play. MY guild is already farming Hard and Nightmare modes because there is nothing better to do. And to top it all off im starting to see valor rank 70+ every where because the endgame is so pathetic the only thing you can do is que up for the same 3 crapy WZs.

Oh and did i mention the games only been out 2 months??

I could care less where you think this game is going all you have to do is look at the servers there pop is droping fast you can sit there and preach about updates and Expansion Packs all day long but the fact of the matter is they spent 6yr on this game for nothing unless they plan on releasing and Expansion pack in the next 2 months or so.

To be a hundred percent honest with you i think they should have made it harder to get to lvl 50 i might not be so burnt out on this game.

You said you played DAoC tell me do you remember how long it use to take to get to lvl 50 Pre Shrouded Isles?

Edited by LordNimvaruss

When reading someones opinion on the status of TOR have a look at their join date first, if it's before late 2011 chances are they're a devout star wars fan looking at the game through rose colored glasses and in their eyes TOR can do no wrong.

No offense is intended and it is a generalization, but for the same reason i wouldn't go running up to Dallas Cowboys fan and ask them what the best football team is, i won't be paying to much attention to your opinions on the status of TOR when they are clearly biased.

My join date is 2008. I think Ilum is the most poorly designed world PvP mechanic in the history of MMOs. I think resolve is absolute trash. I think BW made a huge mistake making so many damn servers at launch to appease the impatient whiners who couldn't be bothered to wait in a line. I will be playing GW2 when it is released.

I am a Star Wars fanboi. I still have fun in this game.

You are as biased as you claim others to be. The sky is not falling.

When you use words like copy and paste, you show yourself to be a critic and a doom day sayer.

If you walk into a game and look for flaws, and look for things other mmo have, and try to compare apples to oranges, then you are selling yourself short.

I can care less if you stay or you go, but stop with this BS that SWTOR is some crappy game made up to get money only and walk away. Warcraft is a fantastic game, and has been around almost 8 years.

It took years for that game to improve, and let me tell you Vanilla has alot more hatred and has more problems than SWTOR could ever think of. Even TBC Warcraft was horrific its first couple of months with all the bugs, lag, people exploiting, ect.

My point is stop comparing, and stop with the inquisition that SWTOR is garbage, cause over 2 millon subs would tell you they are here.

Just think your paying a sub to complain about your sub, ironic huh. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

t

Over 2 million subs...hahahaha that just shows your ignorance.

It's not apples and oranges, it's WoW in Space. I don't know how you fail to see that, I guess you're just a blind fanboi. SWTOR IS a crappy game made to make money. EA did the exact same thing with WAR. Once servers start merging, BOOM, gg SWTOR.

You can't compare WoW's launch to SWTOR's. Why? It's been SEVEN YEARS. So much has changed that there has to be a level of quality or people will just go back to WoW or wait for other MMOs. That level of quality is obviously not there

I didn't go in looking for flaws or things other MMOs have. gear grind? Check. Boring quest grind? Check. Poorly designed raids that are laughably easy even on Nightmare? Check. Piss-poor open world PvP? Check. Stale WZ PvP? Check. They're evident to anyone who isn't blind with SWTOR fanboiness.

You talk about adding content and expansions...why should I wait for crappy patches and an xpac when I can get the same game at higher quality by playing WoW? Or when there's multiple AAA MMOs coming out this year?

As for my own sub...who says I'm still subbed?

Edited by dschlan

If SWG could live for 5 years, theres no doubt in my mind this game will keep going.

This game could keep going but it will end up having at most 100k subs or some low number. MMOs are hard to kill, but they can easily get reduced to irrelevance.

Hmm lets take a look shale we. I have 2 50s already with casual play. MY guild is already farming Hard and Nightmare modes because there is nothing better to do. And to top it all off im starting to see valor rank 70+ every where because the endgame is so pathetic the only thing you can do is que up for the same 3 crapy WZs.

Oh and did i mention the games only been out 2 months??

I stopped half way through cause the rest don't need a comment, its whatever. But who's fault is it that you rushed this game in 2 months?

Is your guild hardcore content raiders or casual gamers?

Wonder why I asked that?

Cause casual gamer's take with a grain of salt this game to be fun, entertaining, and a good time. Some like yourself that are 50 and having to do level 50 stuff are the ones comparing and complaining for either more content, better content, a change of scene, or anything to get them off the challenge endgame has at moment right?

So let me sum up what you are preaching and saying,

"I am level 50, my guild has grinded ILLUM and raids for 2 months, now we want more or else I am going to the forums and going to tell everyone, even people like Caeliux that is telling me to have patience that this game blows, and I want my money back pronto. And even if it kills me I am unsubbing forever I swear to jesus"

Am I close, I think I am.

Edited by Caeliux

I stopped half way through cause the rest don't need a comment, its whatever. But who's fault is it that you rushed this game in 2 months?

Is your guild hardcore content raiders or casual games?

Wonder why I asked that?

Cause casual gamer's take with a grain of salt this game to be fun, entertaining, and a good time. Some like yourself that are 50 and having to do level 50 stuff are the ones comparing and complaining for either more content, better content, a change of scene, or anything to get them off the challenge endgame has at moment right?

So let me sum up what you are preaching and saying,

"I am level 50, my guild has grinded ILLUM and raids for 2 months, now we want more or else I am going to the forums and going to tell everyone, even people like Caeliux that is telling me to have patience that this game blows, and I want my money back pronto. And even it it kills me I am unsubbing forever I swear to jesus"

Am I close, I think I am.

You fail for saying "you rushed to 50" He clearly stated that he level casually. Leveling in this game is stupid anyway. Story is a gimmick. It's grinding 200 quests so you can do a 2 minute story instance and then repeating.

You keep saying wait, but why should we? For the 3rd time, this game has been in development for 6 years, it copied everything from WoW. Things have changed since "back in your days" where quality wasn't expected because the genre was so small. Why wait when we can get an infinitely better game from WoW or the other AAA MMOs coming out this year?

You have to have a sub to talk in these forums, check.

And the rest was a waste of time, you can't talk to a person like me ever, cause I bring facts.

Sucks huh.

Derp. If you cancel your sub you still have access to the forums for a period.

Your "facts" weren't facts. You're ignoring my arguments because you can't refute them. Gratz, you just embarrassed yourself.

You fail for saying "you rushed to 50" He clearly stated that he level casually. Leveling in this game is stupid anyway. Story is a gimmick. It's grinding 200 quests so you can do a 2 minute story instance and then repeating.

You keep saying wait, but why should we? For the 3rd time, this game has been in development for 6 years, it copied everything from WoW. Things have changed since "back in your days" where quality wasn't expected because the genre was so small. Why wait when we can get an infinitely better game from WoW or the other AAA MMOs coming out this year?

Then why are you still here? I mean really lets be frank here your trying to tell me that you hate this game, but you are still here, why?