Pvp gearing changed on 1.1.5 PTS.

shadowAI

Aren't you people missing the point of this entirely ?

You now have something to spend your commendations on once you finish gearing from champion.

How is this a bad thing?

I'm pretty sure they're getting rid of the dailies at the same time.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While I welcome the change to get rid of rng, I cannot understand the high cost. Whew...

However, I guess some people may be right that BW realized that they dropped the ball on pvp and now are stalling to get some time to get meaning back into pvp...or they just stall for time to milk the cash cow more before the last pvper runs off :D

Too bad, class balance was not that bad for a new mmo, or any mmo at that.

I hate this system, it isn't skill based at all (PvP as a whole), it mostly boils down to who had their foot in the door first or the best luck with the RnG to get the best gear.

A talentless player, with BM gear will 9/10 drop a skillful player with Centurion gear.

Atleast in the MMO's like DAOC, all things template were equal on the battlefield, so player skill / tactics were a much more important feature. You could really shine if you knew what you were doing.

But the grind in this game, does nothing but put me off. I've opened 50~ Champion Bags on my Vanguard and I find myself not even bothering to logon to get more.

I'm not trying to be a QQ'er, I personally find it completely bizarre that people ENJOY focusing on Gear. I've never focussed on gear, but about skill. Whilst this game passes the time for me at the moment, I don't see myself playing it for long with this system. I've leveled 2 50's, both near Battlemaster with my Vanguard now at Valor 56, but I've just lost interest now pretty much.

Everyone whos doing calculations of hours. Remember that 1.2 is bringing more ways to get wz commendations (more medals) and there could be new methods of acquiring wz commendations (rated wz might reward a much higher amount per win).

Please take this into account. At the same time the numbers could be changed a lot before it goes live.

Lets just hope that the change is not added before 1.2 or at least not more than a week or 2.

Edited by shadowAI

I'm pretty sure they're getting rid of the dailies at the same time.

Not until 1.2 when the entire system of obtaining gear gets a major overhaul.

Just people working themselves into an angry frenzy for no reason.

Maybe there is a chance that this is launching along side changes to iLum where you receive merc comms for activity there.

This is true,

currently Mercenary commendations don't really serve a purpose except as another intermediate currency.

It would be good to see them rewarded for others PvP related activities.

Not until 1.2 when the entire system of obtaining gear gets a major overhaul.

Just people working themselves into an angry frenzy for no reason.

Reason is we dont like where devs are going with their ideas.Instead of introducing system that rewards skill of a player they introduce changes that reward mindless grinding and time played.

Also, 4000 Commendations is roughly 400 Warzone matches. At 10 minutes a pop that's 66hours playtime. That number to me seem's ridiculously high.

I couldn't play 400 matches in the hope to get 1 piece at best. Whilst it may seem to some of you players that I'm just QQ Boohooing as someone above me put it. I WANT to be competative, I play CoD, Battlefield, DAOC for competative PvP. None of those games, you have to worry about "gear", if you're good it shows. I was in the top .5% on the COD Leaderboards, with fast reactions etc I would get Tactical Nukes with nothing more than my gun and the guns I pick up.

But in SWTOR, the gear just almost gaurantees you the win. But then again, I also don't get the appeal for continuous PvE Flashpoints, to get items. After I've done them once, they lose interest as the reactions are identical every time you participate.

To me, there is no thrill in that. The reason I play these games is because when you do well, it's exciting. So far SWTOR completely lacks the excitement for me. Mostly due to the need to grind for gear.

In comparison, DAOC you could have the "best" gear, ready for when you reached level 50. So when you went to RvR, all gear was equal. Then the skill was what set players apart.

Massive kiddie nerdrage here.

This is in addition to the current system. 1.2 is the overhaul where dailies go away. This is simply more tokens for everyone.

Well, if 1 champion commendation is 120 points, it's the same or less.

You can buy a champion bag for 800 warzone commendations that has 7 champion and 15 centurion commendations.

So it's more of a modest increase for Battlemasters, only. I'd assume there's more to it than this, though. Adding Champion Commendations for 120 warzone commendations without any other changes doesn't make much sense.

Edited by savionen

Wonderful change. I needed a reason to stop logging on my main and they gave it to me on a silver plate.

dont make any significant changes yet. 1.2 will revamp the pvp system. lets wait for more concrete reasons to decide what/who to play (hope they release 1.2 class changes soon).

Huzzah for grindmaster comms change...o`cmon.Change one retarded system with another that even more retarded.
How is it more retarded?

It gives BM's more incentive to continue doing warzones instead of just the dailies and /ragequitting because their dailies didn't yield any tokens.

Also, 4000 Commendations is roughly 400 Warzone matches. At 10 minutes a pop that's 66hours playtime. That number to me seem's ridiculously high.

I couldn't play 400 matches in the hope to get 1 piece at best. Whilst it may seem to some of you players that I'm just QQ Boohooing as someone above me put it. I WANT to be competative, I play CoD, Battlefield, DAOC for competative PvP. None of those games, you have to worry about "gear", if you're good it shows. I was in the top .5% on the COD Leaderboards, with fast reactions etc I would get Tactical Nukes with nothing more than my gun and the guns I pick up.

But in SWTOR, the gear just almost gaurantees you the win. But then again, I also don't get the appeal for continuous PvE Flashpoints, to get items. After I've done them once, they lose interest as the reactions are identical every time you participate.

To me, there is no thrill in that. The reason I play these games is because when you do well, it's exciting. So far SWTOR completely lacks the excitement for me. Mostly due to the need to grind for gear.

In comparison, DAOC you could have the "best" gear, ready for when you reached level 50. So when you went to RvR, all gear was equal. Then the skill was what set players apart.

Are you crazy with your 400 matches number?

I played about 20 matches yesterday, and made over 3000 warzone commendations. Bought 1000 merc commendations with all of those, and am saving up again to get 1000 warzone commendations so I can buy the big speeder.

Edited by Nangasaur

The sad thing is unless they make PvP generally more fun, create a warleader set (which is strongly hinted at when you consider the warleader colour crystals with +41 stats) and then also change the DM curve on expertise so that it is unequivocally better for Pvp than Rakata?

These changes wont matter because they will lose the PvP crowd anyway.

The sad thing is unless they make PvP generally more fun, create a warleader set (which is strongly hinted at when you consider the warleader colour crystals with +41 stats) and then also change the DM curve on expertise so that it is unequivocally better for Pvp than Rakata?

These changes wont matter because they will lose the PvP crowd anyway.

Theres supposed to be new pvp gear in 1.2. however I have no idea if pvp will be more "fun" (quite subjective).

Are you crazy with your 400 matches number?

I played about 20 matches yesterday, and made over 3000 warzone commendations. Bought 1000 merc commendations with all of those, and am saving up again to get 1000 warzone commendations so I can buy the big speeder.

OK, I fubar'd my math there. I put the decimal in the wrong place. So more like 40/50 WZ matches. To me, that's still a hell of a lot of Warzones for 1 piece of armour. Whilst as I said, some people enjoy it and thinks that's casual. To me it isn't, I'd much rather have the gear at 50, then have things based on skill not gear.

I love how both these systems just support giving people with no life an unfair advantage, guild wars two skill based pvp system better nail it.

I'm hearing alot about GW2 and it's something I can't wait to try! Let's get some of the people who think SWTOR is casual over there, see how competative they are then when all thing's are equal but skill ;).

Although numbers were not discussed, an increase in the number of wz commendations per time played was mentioned. Hopefully, the increase will put the gear grind on par with how it would be if everyone (ignoring statistics) truly got a BM token 25% of the time.

It's a good place to start. RNG always leads to a significant portion of the population feeling shafted. I've seen a lot of nasty replies by people stoking their internet egos explaining how statistics work. Everyone already knows not to literally expect a token out of every 4 bags (or they don't--who cares?). People are frustrated at seeing others acquire half their gear with the same effort they put forth to get ZERO gear. It's a legit complaint, and at least Bioware is listening.

Now, if they will only listen to what is being said about the actual numbers and adjust accordingly...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.