Allow rested XP to be turned into credits

Qonor

For those of us who out-leveled the content because we actually grouped and did every heroic and flashpoint, sometimes multiple times, while leveling up. I now find myself nearing level 40 and I'm not yet done with Alderaan.

For those of us who out-leveled the content because we actually grouped and did every heroic and flashpoint, sometimes multiple times, while leveling up. I now find myself nearing level 40 and I'm not yet done with Alderaan.

So what exactly are you suggesting? And how? With details about how this will not negatively affect anything? What exactly is the benefit other than people rolling full alts to sit in a cantina making credits with no interaction?

Just going by the topic (since you added nothing to the body about it), I will have to say : terrible idea. Gives credit farmers an easy way to make creds.

So what exactly are you suggesting? And how? With details about how this will not negatively affect anything? What exactly is the benefit other than people rolling full alts to sit in a cantina making credits with no interaction?

Just going by the topic (since you added nothing to the body about it), I will have to say : terrible idea. Gives credit farmers an easy way to make creds.

I got nothing. But I liked how in WoW once you hit max level and did a quest, instead of giving you experience you got gold. Similar idea here. BioWare's smart enough to figure out a way to do it without having people abuse it.

But I liked how in WoW once you hit max level and did a quest, instead of giving you experience you got gold.
At max level you can still do all heroics for credits (and items) every day - but this is not what you're asking for, right? You're asking for grey quests to grant no XP at all but pay more credits - regardless of the level.

IMHO Rested XP should stay the way it is. The reason for the rested XP bonus is to even out the advantage of 24h maniacs over normal people with 1 or 2 hrs of playtime/day. But it's not meant to create new sources of income.

Paying more credits for completing grey quests however sounds good. Actually it's a very good idea. Especially because of some quests can't be abandoned. I've had several occasions where I had to return to an "old" planet to finish quests I couldn't abandon just to free up space in the quest log. Those are typically long quest series that take a lot of time for no benefit other than the planet's story.

The only workaround is to not leave a planet if you haven't finished a quest series that cannot be cancelled. I now do these before I continue with the class quests. That way I hardly do any green quests. Actually I hardly do quests other than these and the class quests. Then the daily space missions and PvPl. That way I can do FPs and heroic quests and never risk my class quest turning green (or grey even)

Nothing's more boring than a green class quest. Other than a grey class quest that is :)

Edited by Wotscheints

At max level you can still do all heroics for credits (and items) every day - but this is not what you're asking for, right? You're asking for grey quests to grant no XP at all but pay more credits - regardless of the level.

IMHO Rested XP should stay the way it is. The reason for the rested XP bonus is to even out the advantage of 24h maniacs over normal people with 1 or 2 hrs of playtime/day. But it's not meant to create new sources of income.

Paying more credits for completing grey quests however sounds good. Actually it's a very good idea. Especially because of some quests can't be abandoned. I've had several occasions where I had to return to an "old" planet to finish quests I couldn't abandon just to free up space in the quest log. Those are typically long quest series that take a lot of time for no benefit other than the planet's story.

The only workaround is to not leave a planet if you haven't finished a quest series that cannot be cancelled. I now do these before I continue with the class quests. That way I hardly do any green quests. Actually I hardly do quests other than these and the class quests. Then the daily space missions and PvPl. That way I can do FPs and heroic quests and never risk my class quest turning green (or grey even)

Nothing's more boring than a green class quest. Other than a grey class quest that is :)

Actually, that's not at all what I was proposing. But I like it! I simply meant if you have 80,000 rested experience, that there be an option to convert that into 80,000 credits (or some non-OP math).

I agree, terrible idea! Sorry, but I do... :o

Converting 80,000 rested XP into any amount of credits will have gold farmers giddy! Set up a max number of toons and just let them sit in cantinas, logging in only to cash in sounds a bit OP no matter what the exchange rate is.

Personally, I have multiple alts and none of them are hurting for money. I can make 60k credits just by doing the heroics on Tatooine - and that doesn't even count the blues and oranges I get to sell on the GTN. Making cash in this game is cake, about as easy as it is in that other large MMO. Though during the first years of that other MMO it was insanely hard. I remember when 50 gold was a LOT of money in that game.

You should always be doing your class quest first and foremost. The fact that you got sidetracked into Flashpoints does not justify your request...

Sorry but... no... bad idea.

Make lazy ppl even lazier by farming creds off alts they never play.

You should always be doing your class quest first and foremost. The fact that you got sidetracked into Flashpoints does not justify your request...

Sorry but... no... bad idea.

Make lazy ppl even lazier by farming creds off alts they never play.

Who said they weren't doing their class quest?

Maybe credits are not the best conversion, but how about legacy xp? Yeah you'd still have to avoid outleveling on first toon till 30ish, but would have a very nice use for the legacy system right there :)

Maybe credits are not the best conversion, but how about legacy xp? Yeah you'd still have to avoid outleveling on first toon till 30ish, but would have a very nice use for the legacy system right there :)

That could be cool. My original post's purpose was not an attempt to get more credits. It was more an attempt to have rested XP do something else that would be cool, since I do not need rested XP. My suggestion defaulted to credits because that's what WoW did at max level when you completed a quest - you got gold.

On a side note, what happens to the exp at max level here when you do a normal quest? Does it get converted to credits?

Edited by Qonor

• 2 weeks later...

Converting rested XP into anything is a bad idea, IMO. As someone already said: it will make lazy people even lazier. I have the max number of toons on my main server but I only play two (currently). I should not be able to benefit from letting the others sit and do nothing because I'm not ready to play them yet (they are basically name place-holders).

You guys apparently haven't lvled to 50 or just don't pay attention because bonus exp turns into double legacy points.

You obviously missed the point :) It's not so much about needing credits/extra legacy xp or whatever, but to have some other use (or hell, just being able to disable) the rested xp that makes already super fast leveling even faster.